Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I'm just gonna add my two cents. We dont need anymore overpaid UFAs. We have Pinto and Formenton next season to cover the UFAS we trade. I'm okay if Rielly and Grub are back next season til JBD, Sands, Kleven, Thomson be ready full time. Goalies are good. I'm okay if the purse strings stay tied up next off season.

You’re insane. Only way I see Reilly back is if we planning to tank next year too.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Monahan would be a better fit

but I think they trade Gaudreau Bennett and others first

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
i don't want reilly back, he should be in his prime and is mediocre. If we can't internally replace him, I'mma start being concerned about the development of our defense

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Would you make an unprotected 1st the key part of a package for Matthew? If we had the 1st overall would you consider trading it for Matthew?

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
i don't want reilly back, he should be in his prime and is mediocre. If we can't internally replace him, I'mma start being concerned about the development of our defense
There are a bunch of young guys in the system that will replace him and Gudbranson. Give it a bit of time.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Exactly. Reilly , Gudbranson, Tierney are all placeholders for far better players unless the Sens want to be perennial bottom feeders.
Gudbranson and Reilly's contract expires at the end of the season. Tierney is under contract next year (2021-22).

If those players are attractive enough to other teams, at least their contracts aren't onerous (from a term perspective).

Then there's Anisimov who's contract is finished this year. There's also Coburn & Josh Brown if any team wants them.

So, what players are most likely to get traded, and what is the expected return?

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Move Coburn, Anisimov, Tierney, Reilly at the deadline.

Coburn was waived and could have been had for nothing. No team wanted him.

Anisimov can get waived and no one will pick him up.

Tierney is an asset that you can use with another asset in order to upgrade on that position.

Reilly, I can see someone giving up a 4-5th rounder for him.

For Gudbranson, I can see someone giving up a 5-6th rounder.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa

Tierney is an asset that you can use with another asset in order to upgrade on that position.

I can see Anisimov returning a 5th

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013

Coburn could get something at the deadline imo as teams would require depth for a playoff run, his cap hit and salary is small and a balance of salaries would make it work. A team just wont take his salary straight up especially not this year: coburn for balancing contract+5th-7th

anisimov is unlikely but with his salary being significantly less then his cap hit if we were to retain someone might take him as a depth piece: anisimov+ balancing contract+7th

Tierney: if we can get a 2nd or 3rd for him at the deadline i think he is gone, especially since his salary goes up by 50% for next year

Reilly and Gudbransson I agree with you

Connor Brown might be another player that goes just because of the decent salary bump for his next two years

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
Yeah something else we need to consider is that we'll need to be holding on to some contracts in order to expose enough players at the expansion draft.

I think Tierney is probably the most valuable asset to trade and I think we should explore the market on him. If someone is willing to give up a 2021 1st we should be all over that. As well, though I personally love him on the team, Watson is another guy I think teams would likely overpay for.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
yeah sens need a dman that is good at defense, even if we are expecting one or both of JBD and Sanderson making the jump next year

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

You can’t treat a player the same if you get them off waiver vs if you trade for them. There are disadvantages to getting them off waiver.

I can definitely see a dumb GM of which there are maaaannnyyy give you. Pick for coburn for a playoff push

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
That is the problem with our UFAs, most of them are worthless. I don't see anyone wanting or giving us anything for Peca, Haley or Coburn & next to nothing for Anisimov. Hopefully, Ottawa can get something decent in return for Reilly, Gudbranson, Dzingel & Stepan, but they may not find a trade partner for them either. Next season, I assume they will trade Tierny & J. Brown who will be UFAs & start looking for any interest in Zaitsev, Dadonov & C. Brown as their contracts whine down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad