Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesensguy

Apr 5, 2014
Ottawa,Ontario
Doesn’t really fit in the budget.
Gudbrandson, Reilly, Coburn and Wolanin come off the books (4,000,000+1,700,000+1,500,000+900,000) which amounts to 8.1 million in new found cap for two-three roster spots on D at a neutral budget. Let’s say Zub gets a 3 million dollar raise, that’s 5 mill for a top 4 D, and a bottom pairing D. Might be tight but don’t think it’s impossible. Also I think this off-season our budget will have to increase, just to pay Tkatchuk and Batherson.

Slippy

Dec 8, 2005
highlytouted.ca
Like it or not, Josh Brown will stay. The team needs to expose one under-contract D who meets the games-played minimums. Brown is that guy.

I also think that if Tierney is not traded prior to the ED he should be protected/kept. Losing him for nothing at the ED would be poor asset management.

Assuming they trade/protect Tierney and expose Watson in the ED they will also need to acquire one more F who meets the criteria.

Wolanin’s struggles also open up a potential D slot at the ED, so as others have said teams with 4+ good veteran D signed should be targeted as trade partners (Buffalo, Calgary, Carolina, Colorado, Minnesota, St. Louis, Washington)

Not if it means you have to expose a more valuable asset. With the expansion draft every team is going to lose an asset for nothing. I'd rather it be Tierney than some other younger assets, but I also have not done an in-depth look at the Sens potential protection list options.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Sens should be going hard to get Fabbro. He's not on their untouchable list, is 22, and fits into our D core like a glove. Perfect compliment on the right side to either Chabot or Sanderson.
Don’t know what we have they they want. They seem to still be on the fence of “is this a rebuild or are we just trading our players for other current good players”. I can see Fabbro put into a package for a star. Maybe Eichel? Especially if they get rid of Johanssen/duchene.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
He’s bad at 4 million he’s bad at 1 million

I would take Gud on a 1M to be the 6/7th D. He hasn't been good, but he hasn't been awful. The only complication is that you already have a large pylon sitting (J. Brown who has been worst). So you have to make a choice this off-season between the two.

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
So let's say Eichel is available what do you offer?

Norris Sanderson and a 1st in 2022.

I dont like this deal though and don't care to trade for more mature players at our current point in the rebuild.

We are still rebuilding and shouldn't be trading away futures until we have a better idea of how are team is. Look at teams like St Louis, Tampa and Washington. They didn't start trading for high value established players until they had made the playoffs a couple of years in a row

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
If we don’t sign gudbrannson why not. Although I think we will resign him
We have about 47.3M committed For the 15 contracts, including Formenton, next year.
Still need to sign Tkachuk, Batherson and Zub. Add in ELC bonuses and I’d say we are easily over 60M in dollars out on 18 players.

This gives us
Forwards (11)
Tkachuk
Batherson
Norris
Stuetzle
Dadonov
Watson
Tierney
White
Formenton
Paul
C. Brown

Defence (5)
Chabot
Zaitsev
Zub
Brannstrom
J. Brown

Goalies (2)
Murray
Daccord

I doubt we go much higher than 65M considering there is no guarantees we will start the season with fans.

We probably won’t have Tierney so that would leave in my estimation about 9M for 3 Fs 2-3 D.

Not much chance of adding what we need.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Norris, JBD and a lottery protected 2022 1st. Doubt that moves the needle for Buffalo but thats as far as I'd go.

He has a Yashin vibe to me.
We might as well send Chabot or Tkachuk or Stuetzle as we won’t be able to pay all 4.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
We might as well send Chabot or Tkachuk or Stuetzle as we won’t be able to pay all 4.

Yea a guy like Eichel with that kind of salary is a pipe dream with a budget team like ours.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Yea a guy like Eichel with that kind of salary is a pipe dream with a budget team like ours.
Not really a budget team issue. It’s an any team issue.
Stuetzle will likely be our highest paid player after his ELC.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Would love to see the Sens make some trade that would return another 2021 pick without giving away a future star. Corson Ceulemans is a right shot D with size & skill that would help this team in future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->