Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
As much as I would like to see it, I doubt the Sens pursue Matthew Tkachuk, this is Brady's team, it's likely he becomes captain of the team, not sure how the older brother would feel or react with his kid brother playing a more prominent role than himself. My guess is that they stay the course & build through the draft & then make a big move or two when they are ready to compete for more than a playoff spot.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
As much as I would like to see it, I doubt the Sens pursue Matthew Tkachuk, this is Brady's team, it's likely he becomes captain of the team, not sure how the older brother would feel or react with his kid brother playing a more prominent role than himself. My guess is that they stay the course & build through the draft & then make a big move or two when they are ready to compete for more than a playoff spot.

If any trade happened I would assume it would be with Matthew’s blessing (and extension) for the situation.

Matthew has $9 million reasons to feel content next season. His career looks better with a 30G season vs a “C” or “A”. That being said he could probably be an “a” immediately.

Reactions: aragorn

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown

Denis Potvin had a solid career while having his older brother as a teammate for most of it.

Oct 10, 2010
The question is when do they compete for more than a playoff spot? and is it before our players get more expensive?

I don't like that plan, we should be spending smartly before the core gets ultra pricey because we know what happens when we have to pay multiple players big money - we go into rebuild mode automatically because we can't afford to keep the team together.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
The question is when do they compete for more than a playoff spot? and is it before our players get more expensive?

I don't like that plan, we should be spending smartly before the core gets ultra pricey because we know what happens when we have to pay multiple players big money - we go into rebuild mode automatically because we can't afford to keep the team together.

They seem to have the makings of a good team now although the rebuild continues. They have 4 picks in 3 rds in this draft & 5 in the first 3 rds in the next draft not to mention some of the prospects who could make the team in future like Sanderson, Greig, Sokolov & others. I think they are going to challenge at some point not only to be a playoff team, but to go further & the decision will be made if it looks like they can't get further with this core.

Alfie's Sens took a while to get by the 1st rd & finally made it to the Cup final, but that ended with Hasek getting injured & when Murray decided he wanted to be the GM & not the coach. EK's Sens only made it as far as the Conference final once & started to implode after that. Maybe Brady is the guy who can take them the farthest, but at some point if this core can't get further it's likely they pull the plug again, but we could be quite a few yrs away before that happens. They really only seem to be a few peices away from being a much better team. IMO if they can improve on the defence & Sanderson could help immensely & maybe Kleven in a lesser role but it looks more promising now than at the beginning of this yr. And of course goaltending they have to have better than average goaltending to make it to the finals.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island

I don't like the dynamic of adding Matthew to this young team right now. I could definitely see us acquiring Matt once we are a Playoff contender and Calgary is in the bottom of the standings looking to flip their top players for a rebuild.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
You think matthew will come in and obey younger brother captain brady? its just too weird.

Yes I think he would come in and be a great teammate and player

Brady would be absolutely ecstatic to have him

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Yes I think he would come in and be a great teammate and player

Brady would be absolutely ecstatic to have him
I’d worry that Brady would defer to him which could ruin the great chemistry we seem to have.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
I’d worry that Brady would defer to him which could ruin the great chemistry we seem to have.

This would most likely happen. Not 100% but it only makes sense. Considering how tight knit the family is, it's not out of this world to assume that Brady looks up to Matthew; plus Matt has a 9M Q.O

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016

yeah I dunno what relationships people on here have with their siblings, but imo bringing in the captain's own brother who's also a high-end player is one of the last things that would ruin team chemistry

if anything it promotes the family culture, doubles down the team's playstyle/brand, and makes us better.

I think it's obvious to see how close they are as brothers, and how close the whole Tkachuk family is really.

You could say the same thing for bringing in any bonafide 1st line player with regards to it's effect on team chemistry. I just don't see it - but again to each their own.

Reactions: Agent Zub

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
yeah I dunno what relationships people on here have with their siblings, but imo bringing in the captain's own brother who's also a high-end player is one of the last things that would ruin team chemistry

if anything it promotes the family culture, doubles down the team's playstyle/brand, and makes us better.

I think it's obvious to see how close they are as brothers, and how close the whole Tkachuk family is really.

You could say the same thing for bringing in any bonafide 1st line player with regards to it's effect on team chemistry. I just don't see it - but again to each their own.

yea holy. who wouldn't want to lead an NHL team and compete for a Stanley cup with their brother?

M Tkachuk 8.5 mill
Chabot 8 mill
B Tkachuk 7 mill

Pay Matt more and give the C to Brady.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
That’s not really how it works, family dynamics always play a part.

It doesn’t mean that these guys don’t love each other, the worry is that it would change the way Brady plays, and thus the dynamic of the team.

Obviously it wouldn’t matter if you made this trade in a video game, but right now it could have some unwanted consequences.

On paper it would be a great pick up, but in real life it’s not the time for it.

Reactions: aragorn

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
That’s not really how it works, family dynamics always play a part.

It doesn’t mean that these guys don’t love each other, the worry is that it would change the way Brady plays, and thus the dynamic of the team.

Obviously it wouldn’t matter if you made this trade in a video game, but right now it could have some unwanted consequences.

On paper it would be a great pick up, but in real life it’s not the time for it.

My point is you can make an equally compelling argument - due to their family dynamic - that trading for Matthew would improve the play or Brady, the play of the team, and the team's chemistry.

it could have consequences, but it also could have a massive benefit to the trajectory of this franchise.

However, to me, the greater question is; is it is the right time to trade A assets for a 7+M dollar top line player - THAT I don't know regardless of if it's someones brother or not

People have spent days talking about trading Norris in a package for Eichel - like that's not gonna effect Brady and team chemistry? c'mon

Reactions: Sweatred

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
My point is you can make an equally compelling argument - due to their family dynamic - that trading for Matthew would improve the play or Brady, the play of the team, and the team's chemistry.

it could have consequences, but it also could have a massive benefit to the trajectory of this franchise.

However, to me, the greater question is; is it is the right time to trade A assets for a 7+M dollar top line player - THAT I don't know regardless of if it's someones brother or not

People have spent days talking about trading Norris in a package for Eichel - like that's not gonna effect Brady and team chemistry? c'mon

I totally agree with you. It’s more just that the likelihood at all of it happening kind of negates my interest in this kind of deal for the time being.

Personally I’d prefer Brady becoming more established before looking at bringing in Matthew.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
I totally agree with you. It’s more just that the likelihood at all of it happening kind of negates my interest in this kind of deal for the time being.

Personally I’d prefer Brady becoming more established before looking at bringing in Matthew.

Yeah with the way the team is clearly gelling - definitely don't want to shake that up in any way this off-season

Gonna be an interesting summer to see what the Sens do at least

Reactions: Ice-Tray

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary

To me it actually seems like the ideal time. The way I see it the majority of our top prospects/young guys are playing in the NHL (Sanderson being the exception, and who knows JBD might be spending time in Bellville next season). Outside of Sanderson I don't see a single "sure thing" prospect, and most of the best remaining prospects are guys like Sokolov who I anticipate will be more of a depth guy. And when it comes to trading assets I definitely don't want to trade anyone like Norris, Jimmy, Zub, etc. But I would much prefer to trade this year's first round pick than either of the next two years. This year's is just such a crapshoot in what was already supposed to be a weak draft. I think a top 10 pick that might be playing in 2 or 3 years would have less value to us than a guy that is a proven top 6 player (particularly one who has played RW).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad