Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Reilly is playing at a 40+ point pace this season. Do we get lucky and grab a 2nd?

edit : ah a 3rd. Dope!

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I hope we keep Paul just cuz the draft pick we get for him isn't going to have much of an impact in a few years as Paul does now on reinforcing the need for constant effort everyday. Unless its in a package that addresses a severe need (good defenders), might as well keep him (plus he's the only piece from the Spezza trade that worked out ;) )

Reactions: Carl Karlsson

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
They may actually be planning a Mete claim. I think Jonathan Aspirot is the only other LD in the organization on an NHL contract.

EDIT: Forgot Olle Alsing, but he can't play NHL games. The league would investigate us for tanking.

Last edited:

Sens72

Football Enthusiast
Aug 31, 2018
Canada
They may actually be planning a Mete claim. I think Jonathan Aspirot is the only other LD in the organization on an NHL contract.

Goloubef plays left side in Belleville but even then all of sudden Aspirot is your 4th choice LD and I’m not sure they do that.

EDIT: Goloubef actually mostly plays RD but just happened to play LD last game for Belleville

Jan 9, 2011
Victoria, BC
the fact that we traded two LHD makes me feel like PD has something in the works for a someone on the left side. Tierney does seem like he is on the way out (at least I hope so)

Ouroboros

Feb 3, 2008
Goloubef plays left side in Belleville but even then all of sudden Aspirot is your 4th choice LD and I’m not sure they do that.

EDIT: Goloubef actually mostly plays RD but just happened to play LD last game for Belleville

Belleville have a weird situation where they lots of right hand shooting defense [Thomson, Williams, Goloubef, Dougherty] but only Aspirot and Labrie as left shots. So Goloubef is usually the guy who moves over.

Something is up though. Maybe claiming Mete. Maybe they're close on dealing Tierney for a defender.

Reactions: Sens72 and NB613

Ouroboros

Feb 3, 2008
One guy I've wondered about from a Sens perspective is Haydn Fleury. Friedman said he was being sat out as a way to protect the asset, but he isn't really the sort of player a contender would usually go after. Only 24 years old and not a ton of games under his belt. He's sort of been buried on a super deep Carolina defense, but he's huge [6'4", 220] and mobile.

We saw Siegenthaler go from a similar situation in Washington to NJ for a 3rd rounder in 2021. Maybe the Sens are thinking about taking the pick they got for Reilly and turning it into a guy like Fleury? Might be worth a gamble.

Fleury seems to fit the Sens MO a bit more than somebody like Mete, though I guess we kinda have space for both of them if desired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->