Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
He was a former 16th OA pick that is developing... Going to a rebuilding team just turned 22. They still have 9 more picks in this years draft and are guaranteed to get a stud at 5. Its exactly how you should be managing assets. What you dont do is trade picks for players that will leave in a year when you are in a rebuild.
Well, yeah, you don't do that either. You do neither.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
On the one hand, I understand these connected national reporters/insiders need to answer questions in a way that implies knowledge. And on the other hand, most of what they say is as close to saying nothing without saying nothing.
Good work if you can get it.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
If Newhook can get a late first and early 2nd, bodes well for our DeBrincat return.

Thanks Montreal

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
He was a former 16th OA pick that is developing... Going to a rebuilding team just turned 22. They still have 9 more picks in this years draft and are guaranteed to get a stud at 5. Its exactly how you should be managing assets. What you dont do is trade picks for players that will leave in a year when you are in a rebuild.

Exactly.

We should have been the team looking at trading for Dach and Newhook.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008

Detroit not the front-runner for DeBrincat, but still involved.
A few other teams have stepped up.
Dorion 'needs' a 1st round pick as part of the deal but views a 2024 pick as equal to 2023.

Reactions: gab6511

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Good work if you can get it.
f***, no kidding. Plus, your employer flies you around the country and the world, pays for your hotel and transportation, meals, wardrobe allowances, cellphone, internet, etc. And all you have to do is answer questions in a roundabout, non-definitive way.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Best news I've heard . I hope its not a Dorion leak to inspire interest

As much of a fan as I was of the DBC trade at the time, if PD traded a high first for a guy he had no indication wanted to extend here, that's a giant faux pas(again). It's not like we were ready to be a playoff contender yet and it was time to go all in.

Now that we are on the cusp of being contenders, we're likely to trade DBC for scraps, and there doesn't appear to be a proper plan to replace his production in the top-6?

Fire this guy ASAP.
I'm sure its close to the top in the TODO list

Reactions: Cosmix

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I'd take 2024 unprotected over any 2023 pick that's realistic to acquire.
This year is a stronger draft. If they can get anything in the top 15 this year they should do it all worthwhile top 10 picks. Its similar to 2020 when guys like Jarvis and Lundell went into the teens. If they do get 17 from Detroit one of those guys could slip.

Less than I like Zack Ostapchuk, Ridley Greig and Tyler Kleven at 39, 28 and 44.
I guess you didnt get the point.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
What point? That drafting is a crapshoot? I get it, I'll take my chances.

Disagree. We'll see.
You cherry picked the best value pick the team has made in the last 5 years. Thats not how it works. Thats the point. Newhook is already playing, is already a good player and still has upside. I get it you dont like him for whatever reason. But the tools are certainly there and not hard to identify. If the tool box comes together he is going to be a really good player.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

I like this move for montreal. They have some draft capital and Newhook will get a lot more opportunity to shine in Montreal.

two different situations completely wrt Debrincat regarding contract status ... hopefully get an up tick in trade talks

Reactions: bert

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
You cherry picked the best value pick the team has made in the last 5 years. Thats not how it works. Thats the point. Newhook is already playing, is already a good player and still has upside. I get it you dont like him for whatever reason. But the tools are certainly there and not hard to identify. If the tool box comes together he is going to be a really good player.
lol, you cherry picked 2 misses. I'd take my chances with the picks in a deep draft over a small forward who hasn't done much to justify his draft position and is due for a new contract, any day of the week.

Here's a big question: why did Sakic trade him and replace him with RyJo if he's that good? He's paying RyJo 4 million anyway, why did he do it?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

I like this move for montreal. They have some draft capital and Newhook will get a lot more opportunity to shine in Montreal.

two different situations completely wrt Debrincat regarding contract status ... hopefully get an up tick in trade talks

I feel like Seattle is a place he could end up. I think he would be a good fit with Beniers. I think he needs to play with a guy with a great motor that can create off the rush but also do the dirty work. They have 3 seconds and a decent prospect pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad