Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
6' 2" and can skate and, when he wants to, can hit. finished as a +5 last year
5' 7", can skate, is soft, does not back check, we have no idea of how he will do late in a season and in the playoffs. finished at -31 last year.
DBC did outhit PLD by about 50% more last year, but agree with the rest, and that PLD’s motor it seems, is when he wants to.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
On the one hand, I understand these connected national reporters/insiders need to answer questions in a way that implies knowledge. And on the other hand, most of what they say is as close to saying nothing without saying nothing.
It's honestly unbelievable sometimes. Across most sports. AI could generate most of the non answers these guys put out there.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
It appears Andlauer doesn't have much say on what happens until the sale is officially approved or whatever later in the summer.
Probably not, but let's at least see what happens with this whole stupid DBC thing first. This is Dorion's final summer anyway, we all know it. I hope he doesn't f*** up too much at this stage.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Beech

What A Wonderful Day
Nov 25, 2020
DBC did outhit PLD by about 50% more last year, but agree with the rest, and that PLD’s motor it seems, is when he wants to.
this will get me in trouble with the Mods, but it is a "taming of the shrew scenario".

every man wants the babe who is a shrew.. figures he can tame her and have a feisty good looking babe. The timid girl, is often less dynamic and sadly less good looking. This is an age related example, you may not relate; Sharon Stone!! or even older: Elizabeth Taylor.

Hockey teams are forever looking for Sharon Stones' or Elizabeth Taylors'

• Haha
Reactions: Agent Zub

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
this will get me in trouble with the Mods, but it is a "taming of the shrew scenario".

every man wants the babe who is a shrew.. figures he can tame her and have a feisty good looking babe. The timid girl, is often less dynamic and sadly less good looking. This is an age related example, you may not relate; Sharon Stone!! or even older: Elizabeth Taylor.

Hockey teams are forever looking for Sharon Stones' or Elizabeth Taylors'
They're all the same when you close your eyes.

• Haha
Reactions: Golden_Jet

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Ugh, can't stop looking at the stunningly average player Montreal purchased for a late first and an early 2nd. My eyes, man, my eyes.

Now, to Dorion trading DBC for a lesser return. Go!

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Imagine if Dorion gets less for Cat than the Avs got for Newhook.
It seems like its actually possible. Which is unbelievable.

Ugh, can't stop looking at the stunningly average player Montreal purchased for a late first and an early 2nd. My eyes, man, my eyes.

Now, to Dorion trading DBC for a lesser return. Go!
He's a pretty talented player that just turned 22 had 30 points with very little pp time and top 6 opportunity. I think its a good trade for them. Great wheels.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
It seems like its actually possible. Which is unbelievable.
Fetch the pitchforks!

This new MTL GM doesn’t seem that much better than the last tbh. Great for us.
Honestly, Ottawa (like every other team in the East) is going to break Newhook). I'd be pissed if it was just the 2nd rounder if I was Montreal. Even a 3rd I'd wonder what the point was. You don't have someone in the org. who can trot out 30 points?

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
He's a pretty talented player that just turned 22 had 30 points with very little pp time and top 6 opportunity. I think its a good trade for them. Great wheels.

Ok, I don't see it at all with him. And I would have kept the picks - or spent them on an impact player personally.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Ok, I don't see it at all with him. And I would have kept the picks - or spent them on an impact player personally.
Did you watch the game against the sens where he absolutely danced Thomson and ripped it shelf?... The raw tools are obvious. Despite what HF seems to believe players arent fully developed at 21/22 years old. Most players take until their mid to late 20's.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Did you watch the game against the sens where he absolutely danced Thomson and ripped it shelf?... The raw tools are obvious. Despite what HF seems to believe players arent fully developed at 21/22 years old. Most players take until their mid to late 20's.
I wouldn't call Thomson a defensive dynamo just yet. And to make the NHL you have to have talent and tools, I just don't think these specific tools are worth anywhere near 31 and 37 in this draft. I would have stockpiled the shit out of picks and prospects, not spend them on a player that the Avs just jettisoned and replaced with RyJo.

Like, say....Yegor Sharangovich, who is being shopped as a sign and trade.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I wouldn't call Thomson a defensive dynamo just yet. And to make the NHL you have to have talent and tools, I just don't think these specific tools are worth anywhere near 31 and 37 in this draft. I would have stockpiled the shit out of picks and prospects, not spend them on a player that the Avs just jettisoned and replaced with RyJo.
He was a former 16th OA pick that is developing... Going to a rebuilding team just turned 22. They still have 9 more picks in this years draft and are guaranteed to get a stud at 5. Its exactly how you should be managing assets. What you dont do is trade picks for players that will leave in a year when you are in a rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad