I hope we get JC for something not nauseating

Listening to some intense discussion on 1200

I’d do the deal AJ suggested.

2023 top 15 protected 1st
JBD/Thomson
Sogaard

Chychrun
Vejmelka

However he is also right with respect to a new owner - you’d be furious if you bought the team and were essentially roster handcuffed/all set in place AND no picks in the draft lol

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
On Insider Trading just now, Pierre Lebrun said he thinks we aren't one of the teams in on Chychrun at the moment (price still too high).

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
go to hell Boston and you to Minnesota for helping them

Minnesota retains 50% on Orlov for a 5th

boston gets Orlov and Hathaway

Caps get a 2023 1st, 2022 2nd rounder, a 2024 4th rounder

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
Minnesota continues to buy picks for minimal $$… exactly what we should have been doing the past few years while “rebuilding”.

Having money through a rebuild really helps.

The Sens trying to do a rebuild on the cheap has left them with no depth on the big club, prospect wise, and pick wise.

The top young guys still look good, but you need young players on elc's to push into the lineup.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
As much as I think rebuilding teams should weaponize capspace by retaining when they can for picks, what is Minnesota doing? Can they afford to have an additionaly $3.1million in dead cap (O'Rielly and now Orlov) after having already having $12 million in dead cap?

Is the 4th and 5th really worth it considering they could use that capspace to help their current roster which has prime Kaprizov and an aging Spurgeon, and are fighting for a playoff spot lol?

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Minnesota continues to buy picks for minimal $$… exactly what we should have been doing the past few years while “rebuilding”.
Take it up with Eugene Melnyk's ghost I guess, because it's clear that this sort of expenditure was not something he would ever authorize.

Tragedy

Jan 10, 2013
Regina, SK
As much as I think rebuilding teams should weaponize capspace by retaining when they can for picks, what is Minnesota doing? Can they afford to have an additionaly $3.1million in dead cap (O'Rielly and now Orlov) after having already having $12 million in dead cap?

Is the 4th and 5th really worth it considering they could use that capspace to help their current roster which has prime Kaprizov and an aging Spurgeon, and are fighting for a playoff spot lol?
ROR and Orlov are both UFA and off the books end of season. This is literally just buying picks for $

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad