Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals 2019-20 Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Many people would prefer to live in Miami than Tampa so that's a bad comparison.

Have you been to either arena ? I’d much rather live in the Tampa hub than Sunrise. Clearly yzerman drafted well with top picks and hit on Kucherov. In fairness , if he though Kuch was that good he should have taken him earlier (same for Stone etc). Miami still does OK attracting players too.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Good to see you can poke holes in other people's arguments but bail when the same is done to you.
Well I don't see where he poked the hole....
Also the Stars and Predators are located in states with no tax and they have emulated the success of the Lightning as well. Ohhhhh..... they haven't? How can that be because it was so easy for Stevie Y.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Also the Stars and Predators are located in states with no tax and they have emulated the success of the Lightning as well. Ohhhhh..... they haven't? How can that be because it was so easy for Stevie Y.

Yzerman did a good job - but what would you say his 5 best moves were ?

MatchesMalone

Formerly Innocent Bystander
Aug 29, 2010

Fair enough. But this is just kinda what he/it does. He/it will try to poke little holes in an argument without addressing the point behind the argument. The purpose is to direct the discussion away from the main point and just try to make it like you're wrong while distracting from his/it's flawed argument. Frustrate, distract, confuse. This is the troll mission statement.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Have you been to either arena ? I’d much rather live in the Tampa hub than Sunrise. Clearly yzerman drafted well with top picks and hit on Kucherov. In fairness , if he though Kuch was that good he should have taken him earlier (same for Stone etc). Miami still does OK attracting players too.
Yes I have. And the Panthers players don't have to live in Sunrise ; there are lots of great places to live. Heck they can live 40 minutes away in Miami beach if they want and Miami is one of the top places in North America if you are a young millionaire!

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Yes I have. And the Panthers players don't have to live in Sunrise ; there are lots of great places to live. Heck they can live 40 minutes away in Miami beach if they want and Miami is one of the top places in North America if you are a young millionaire!

sure - they could catch a plane from Tampa too... I’m just saying It’s not quite the same. Tampa’s building rocks, their winning games, community loves them, loaded with top 1RD picks, etc etc. Just like NYI and NYR isn’t the same.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
TB scouting did a great job,the locking up of his entire team on team friendly deals on the surface looked great...

Until you realise the full NMC he gave to every player in his lineup,which likely he had no choice to do...As the players to take advantage of that tax savings over the balance of their contracts demanded them,have left them with little to no flexibility moving forward....

They need to win some cups soon ,or they will have an aging team filled with long bloated contracts

Reactions: Sweatred

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
TB scouting did a great job,the locking up of his entire team on team friendly deals on the surface looked great...Until you realise the full NMC he gave to every player in his lineup,which likely he had no choice to do...As the players to take advantage of that tax savings over the balance of their contracts demanded them,have left them with little to no flexibility moving forward....They need to win some cups soon ,or they will have an aging team filled with long bloated contracts

I agree. In the same way we over pay for currency, cold weather, a boring city with max taxes Tampa has beaches, currency, weather, and a upward competitive cycle attracting players. It’s prob worth 10-30% on any contract. It’s like paying players with Canadian currency at par.

Reactions: topshelf15

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Ok getting back to the Serg trade,how much do we give up to get him ...Be realistic here,he is a very young top end defender ,and will not come cheap as there will be quite a few teams that will make offers....

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Ok getting back to the Serg trade,how much do we give up to get him ...Be realistic here,he is a very young top end defender ,and will not come cheap as there will be quite a few teams that will make offers....

Is there a contract that we could take back that gets us to the floor and makes our offer more attractive ?

I think NYI + Brann + ? Is too much but I’d do NYI/Brann + 2ND plus $5mill x2 years of cap relief (a stale contract).

Last edited:

MatchesMalone

Formerly Innocent Bystander
Aug 29, 2010
TB scouting did a great job,the locking up of his entire team on team friendly deals on the surface looked great...

Until you realise the full NMC he gave to every player in his lineup,which likely he had no choice to do...As the players to take advantage of that tax savings over the balance of their contracts demanded them,have left them with little to no flexibility moving forward....

They need to win some cups soon ,or they will have an aging team filled with long bloated contracts

I agree. In the same way we over pay for currency, cold weather, a boring city with max taxes Tampa has beaches, currency, weather, and a upward competitive cycle attracting players. It’s prob worth 10-30% on any contract. It’s like paying players with Canadian currency at par.

:squint::skeptic::huh:

Reactions: DueDiligence

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Yep which is why I dont get the hero worship about Stevie Y,he is decent I guess..But for me its their scouts that should get most the credit

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Stevie Y's best draft picks
1) Kucherov 58th in 2011
2) Palat 7th round in 2011
3) Brayden Point 79th in 2014
4) Vasilevskiy 19th in 2012 ( draft pick obtained in a trade with Detroit)
5) Cirelli 72nd in 2015

How about trades:
Ben Bishop for Cory Conacher and a 4th
Drouin for Sergachev

Reactions: innocent bystander

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Is there a contract that we could take back that gets us to the floor and makes our offer more attractive ?
Unsure as most of that team has some sort of trade protection,see this is why I didnt see the logic behind making a trade for Serg,as he was always going to cost more than which we should pay atm..

Adding in that we already have a 8 million dollar defender in Chabot and two promising one,s coming along ,my best guess at value would be a a 1st a good prospect and 2nd,if not more....And its too rich for us right now

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
sure - they could catch a plane from Tampa too... I’m just saying It’s not quite the same. Tampa’s building rocks, their winning games, community loves them, loaded with top 1RD picks, etc etc. Just like NYI and NYR isn’t the same.

The building rocks because they are a good team that Stevie Y built!
Your comparisons don't make sense. Miami is much more equivalent to NYR and Tampa is equivalent to the Island. 95% of all athletes would rather play in Miami or Manhattan than Tampa or Long Island if the teams were the same caliber.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Wouldnt mind seeing us sign a FA like Reaves,he would give us a little insurance just in case Tkachuk bites off more than he can chew...Thoughts??

Reactions: Hale The Villain

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Stevie Y's best draft picks
1) Kucherov 58th in 2011
2) Palat 7th round in 2011
3) Brayden Point 79th in 2014
4) Vasilevskiy 19th in 2012 ( draft pick obtained in a trade with Detroit)
5) Cirelli 72nd in 2015

How about trades:
Ben Bishop for Cory Conacher and a 4th
Drouin for Sergachev

In my opinion that org turned when they picked 1OA and 2OA before Yzerman got there. He’s kept them together and hit on a few late picks but he has missed lots of first rounders too. If you take away Stamkos +Hedman they don’t have nearly the same success.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
In my opinion that org turned when they picked 1OA and 2OA before Yzerman got there. He’s kept them together and hit on a few late picks but he has missed lots of first rounders too. If you take away Stamkos +Hedman they don’t have nearly the same success.
They seem to have that knack for finding players almost anywhere ,and from everywhere...From the looks of it they have likely spent alot on overseas scouting

Reactions: Sweatred

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
If the Senators were to arrange a trade with Tampa for Sergachev, I suspect they would want the right to engage in contract talks to determine whether they could reach an agreement on compensation and terms before consummating the trade. If the compensation is too high, the Senators would pass.

The Senators are a cost conscious team and trading away picks and ELC players for an upcoming UFA would not fit the plan.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
My preference is for the Senators to stick to a plan for once.

Not throw away a plan after one lucky playoff run...then throw away that plan after one bad year...then make a new 5-year plan only to start ripping it up a year later when they see a shiny in the store window.
Trading for a 22 year old is staying with the plan. Its literally excecuting it properly, using the assets it accumulated to do quantity for quality deals to put elite players in the lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad