Rumor: Trade rumours/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodGoodnotBad

May 11, 2013
Winnipeg/Ottawa/Moncton
There is a 3rd scenario where we trade Stone to another team for a better offer. Stone is a top winger in this league so you're not doing us a favour by taking him off our hands.
I'm a sens fan, not a Jets fan. I just happen to live in Winnipeg now. If there's an offer that's better than what the Jets are offering then definitely go with that. I'm just saying that Niku isn't as bad as some people are making him out to be.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I'm a sens fan, not a Jets fan. I just happen to live in Winnipeg now. If there's an offer that's better than what the Jets are offering then definitely go with that. I'm just saying that Niku isn't as bad as some people are making him out to be.

Nobody said he's bad. You completely missed the point. Ottawa has a similar prospect in Wolanin to go along with Lajoie and Chabot. I personally don't see how Niku fits in.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Niku has a great first pass and he's a pretty good skater. I'm not going to pretend to know how to evaluate player talent but from the Moose games I've seen he looks pretty solid. If the options are, you lose stone for nothing or you trade and get a player like Niku...then it's a pretty obvious choice

Yes, yes - I understand that it's better to have Niku than nothing. That said - I don't really care at all about what the return is when Stone and Duchene are traded because it doesn't matter. Haggling over whether it's better to get Jansen Harkins instead of Michal Spacek or whoever is largely irrelevant.

The key issue for me is that the Ottawa Senators are now a team that players don't want to play for. If we can't retain our own homegrown talent [Karlsson, Stone, Dzingel, etc.] then we're f***ed, so why care at all? Until that gets fixed I couldn't care less about what 3 or 4 pieces of garbage that Dorion hand picks out of the Winnipeg bargain bin.

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Yes, yes - I understand that it's better to have Niku than nothing. That said - I don't really care at all about what the return is when Stone and Duchene are traded because it doesn't matter. Haggling over whether it's better to get Jansen Harkins instead of Michal Spacek or whoever is largely irrelevant.

The key issue for me is that the Ottawa Senators are now a team that players don't want to play for. If we can't retain our own homegrown talent [Karlsson, Stone, Dzingel, etc.] then we're ****ed, so why care at all? Until that gets fixed I couldn't care less about what 3 or 4 pieces of garbage that Dorion hand picks out of the Winnipeg bargain bin.

Feels so bad man.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Please post the jets fan saying hey can get chabot if they add roslovic.

Sure...

To be honest, I hope it's not overpaying for a high end rental. The Jets can't lose the plot in terms of their future. Now, if they can find a way to get Chabot in a big deal (maybe including Connor and or Roslovic), we might be onto something.

Reactions: BarberPole9

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Okay the brown thing is kind of wierd. The B-Sens have NO comment on the scratching and are re evaluating whatever “it” is and will comment after the re evaluation

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Garrioch says Vegas is pushing extremely hard for Stone and would like an extension done as well.

Also says Winnipeg is heavenly involved and would like a deal done as soon as possible.

Adds that Ottawa is still trying to sign all three.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Okay the brown thing is kind of wierd. The B-Sens have NO comment on the scratching and are re evaluating whatever “it” is and will comment after the re evaluation

Stone with an extension plus Brown for Laine and Niku!

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Garrioch says Vegas is pushing extremely hard for Stone and would like an extension done as well.

Also says Winnipeg is heavenly involved and would like a deal done as soon as possible.

Adds that Ottawa is still trying to sign all three.

Dorion better be sober enough to start a bidding war so help me God.

Reactions: TCB and gab6511

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Nobody said he's bad. You completely missed the point. Ottawa has a similar prospect in Wolanin to go along with Lajoie and Chabot. I personally don't see how Niku fits in.
theahl.com/niku-defenseman-ahl-eddie-shore-award

Niku joins Justin Schultz (2013) as the only rookies in the 60-year history of the Eddie Shore Award to win the honor.

He is def an upgrade potential wise over Lajoie and probably wolanin (though I really like him )

I can see how we def have depth on the left side but it is never a bad thing to add a prospect like that if it's him vs a lesser forward prospect

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Dorion still pushing the young player/prospect/pick/conditional pick ask.

Going to guess by this time tomorrow (or in a few days...) it's Stone to WPG for Roslovic/Niku/2019 1st/Conditional 2020 Pick (I'd hope 1st, but might be 2nd).

Unless they plan to do these kinds of extensive scouting/meetings with each team in on Stone, this WPG thing is either a sign that a deal has to be close, or it's a very public front to try and get Vegas or other teams to panic.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010

Going to guess by this time tomorrow (or in a few days...) it's Stone to WPG for Roslovic/Niku/2019 1st/Conditional 2020 Pick (I'd hope 1st, but might be 2nd).

Unless they plan to do these kinds of extensive scouting/meetings with each team in on Stone, this WPG thing is either a sign that a deal has to be close, or it's a very public front to try and get Vegas or other teams to panic.

If we have to trade Stone, I could live with this deal.

What would we want from Vegas? Brannstrom? Hague? 1st? Glass.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

They don't have the travel budget to go to every team that's in on Stone.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
If we have to trade Stone, I could live with this deal.

What would we want from Vegas? Brannstrom? Hague? 1st? Glass.

I have a very hard time coming up with an idea of what to expect from Vegas for an unsigned Stone.

I'd guess Hague/????/2019 1st/Conditional Pick. They do not really have any young NHL players like Roslovic who have high value, but aren't on that higher type tier where they'd obviously be off the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad