Rumor: Trade rumours/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
What do you think Puljujarvi is worth?
Edmonton isn't dealing from a good position at all here with their reputation for either choosing the wrong player, not being able to develop them or calling them up too early. In that way it's difficult to figure out , the kid is only 21 in May still and was put in the NHL as an 18 year old.

Yakupov ended up returning Perino and a conditional third round pick but i don't think they're quite at that much of a discount yet for Puljujarvi.Maybe a mid to late 1st round pick or a 2nd rounder + b prospect?

Reactions: NB613

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
So many rumors around Stone its ridiculous.

As crazy as it sounds and im sure everyone will rake me over the coals on this one, but Tampa is trying to get Stone AND Ceci in a package.

All the big hitters that have been mentioned before are in on Stone and Duchene. Jets, Nashville, Tampa etc.

I will say it does feel like for some odd reason more teams in on those two guys then there ever really was in on Karlsson.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017

As crazy as it sounds and im sure everyone will rake me over the coals on this one, but Tampa is trying to get Stone AND Ceci in a package.

All the big hitters that have been mentioned before are in on Stone and Duchene. Jets, Nashville, Tampa etc.

I will say it does feel like for some odd reason more teams in on those two guys then there ever really was in on Karlsson.
No limited movement clauses let's everyone put in a bid for them.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Also for whatever reason for which i cannot explain, why is Dorion/Melnyk so insistent that we trade all our players west even if it means the return isn't as good as offers we've gotten from an Eastern team?

It completely baffles my mind. Its not like we are competing anyways as we seem to be in a perpetual rebuild. So who cares if former players beat up the Sens? Like who cares.

It seems so petty and completely ridiculous

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

While I'll be angry one way or another, if Stone goes to the Jets at least that's a team I can follow and cheer for when they inevitably win the cup with him in hand. They really could become my #1 team.

But Tampa? f*** Tampa.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

Aside from the no-trade list, I think teams are more likely to believe they can re-sign Stone, and at an easier price to fit under their cap.

Reactions: derriko

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver

What kind of package could we be looking at?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
[QUOTE="DJB, post: 156578523, member: 79171]I will say it does feel like for some odd reason more teams in on those two guys then there ever really was in on Karlsson.[/QUOTE]

Karlsson went for scraps. Two good prospects and a whole bunch of "meh".

I don't think it is strange to see more vultures start to circle around the still fresh carcass.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
While I'll be angry one way or another, if Stone goes to the Jets at least that's a team I can follow and cheer for when they inevitably win the cup with him in hand. They really could become my #1 team.

But Tampa? **** Tampa.

Word. I couldnt care less about the Sharks and Karlsson, and will never have more than a passing interest in them.

But Im almost excited at the thought of Stone landing on the Jets. I could very easily picture myself being a legit Jets fan while the Sens are still owned by Melnyk.

With their strong drafting and "challenging" markets, the Jets remind me a lot of the exciting young Senators team that was finding its way in the late 90's /early 2000's.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!

I think because Karlsson is elite, teams probably wouldn’t even bother trying to bid thinking he was untouchable...

Now teams have seen we’ll trade the best d in the league for scraps, everyone’s trying to go for our best players (knowing they won’t be expensive most likely).

HF Reader

Jan 20, 2018
Word. I couldnt care less about the Sharks and Karlsson, and will never have more than a passing interest in them.

But Im almost excited at the thought of Stone landing on the Jets. I could very easily picture myself being a legit Jets fan while the Sens are still owned by Melnyk.

With their strong drafting and "challenging" markets, the Jets remind me a lot of the exciting young Senators team that was finding its way in the late 90's /early 2000's.
It would be perversely gratifying to see people walking around Ottawa wearing Jets sweaters with the name "Stone".

richmh77

Jan 13, 2019

Ya that is crazy but if we break it down...
1st 2019/2020 (they don’t have their 1st in 2019 - it’s conditional in last years NYR deal) - so we could put the same condition then the Karlsson deal.
Sergachev (currently playing 3rd pair RD - which Ceci would replace)
Raddysh
Stephens
Conditional 2nd (if they don’t win the cup- the 2nd goes to NY so basically the reverse of the 1st round pick above.)
Callahan (retained)

Would have to be a substantial package.

Because I’m sure Jets or Vegas could outbid. Also I personally think it’ll get too rich for Tampa and they may just settle for Ceci alone.

Also.... I rather see Stone on the Jets but man if he goes to Tampa ... Toronto doesn’t stand a chance and would be awesome to listen to Leafs fan when they lose 4 straight in the 2nd round. Lol

JonnyMacSen

2nd round Chlapik!
Nov 4, 2009
Ottawa, ON

But Tampa? **** Tampa.

Trading Stone to Tampa would help ensure the Leafs don't get out of the East in the playoffs, I'm on board with that, in fact I'm in favor of trading Ceci to TO for the same reasons :naughty:

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

None of our current trade bait players carry the health risk that Karlsson carried. I was of the opinion at the time that the franchise couldn't take that health risk and it certainly seems that there wasn't a lineup of GMs ready, willing and able to take that risk either.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
None of our current trade bait players carry the health risk that Karlsson carried. I was of the opinion at the time that the franchise couldn't take that health risk and it certainly seems that there wasn't a lineup of GMs ready, willing and able to take that risk either.
Why do you assume it's health risk that scared teams away? Always seemed to me that teams were unwilling to commit trading the required assets for a player that wasn't willing to extend. There were plenty of teams that were interested in him if the rumours were accurate (los Vegas, TB, SJ, Dal ect), just not giving up the assets for a guy that could walk in Jul.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

But Tampa? **** Tampa.
Jets fan coming in peace , if we get Stone from you and you want to become new Jets fans , you can come on our board anytime you want . :thumbu:

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Why do you assume it's health risk that scared teams away? Always seemed to me that teams were unwilling to commit trading the required assets for a player that wasn't willing to extend. There were plenty of teams that were interested in him if the rumours were accurate (los Vegas, TB, SJ, Dal ect), just not giving up the assets for a guy that could walk in Jul.

The health risk was real, regardless of whether people here wish to acknowledge it. He had a very unique surgery with no comparable to assess comeback time or even if it was fully possible.

Even as a one year rental...if the perception was that EK was 100% the offer quality would have been better. NHL GMs throughout the history of the league have amply demonstrated that they cannot contain themselves and someone would have offered up a buffet of high end returns. That didn't hapoen.

So you're left having to accept that what we received was all he was worth as a one year rental which would really mess with the board's perception of his value or you can accept that it was a risk adjusted return.

Reactions: Xspyrit

GoSenatorsGo

Nov 9, 2007
I know I’m probably talking crazy here, but what if this is a giant game of chicken by Stone and his agent, waiting till the 11th hour, making Dorion and Melnyk sweat to drive up his numbers.
Wishful thinking but maybe not as crazy as some may think.

Reactions: Clayonator

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I know I’m probably talking crazy here, but what if this is a giant game of chicken by Stone and his agent, waiting till the 11th hour, making Dorion and Melnyk sweat to drive up his numbers.
Wishful thinking but maybe not as crazy as some may think.

You could be right and competative people want to win, but winning in this case means Melnyck having to sign a cheque for $70 million to keep Stone and that will never happen as long as Melnyck can Harvest body organs from his fanbase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad