Rumor: Trade rumours/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
pierre-dorion-and-matt-duchene.jpg

https://www.tsn.ca/insider-trading-...x-winger-flames-interested-in-stone-1.1256807

A lot of people believe that if the Winnipeg Jets go after anyone it will be a centre, but that might not necessarily be the case.

Darren Dreger: We know (Winnipeg Jets GM) Kevin Cheveldayoff wants to add a forward, if there is an improvement, if there’s a better centre available on the market then he’s going to consider that, but they are OK with Bryan Little as the number two centre in Winnipeg.
Top priority would be adding a top-six winger.

Now they have the Ottawa Senators coming into town at the end of the week and it is an interesting week here in Winnipeg because the Jets play three times and the Moose play three times, so there is a lot of hockey in this building.

It is expected that (Ottawa Senators GM) Pierre Dorion is going to come in well in advance of that game on Saturday, so he’ll do some scouting of the Winnipeg Jets organization. Mark Stone, a Winnipeg native, would be a great fit for the Jets, but what’s the asking price if he hits the market? Cheveldayoff is willing to be aggressive, I wouldn’t say he wants to go all in, especially if it means having to mortgage his future entirely.

Pierre LeBrun: We’ve talked before that the Vegas Golden Knights would be a team that would have interest in Mark Stone, the (Golden Knights assistant GM) Kelly McCrimmon connection, but what I would say is, watch out for the Calgary Flames as well.

Now Brad Treliving, the (Flames) GM, has not made any serious inquiries with all the rentals, he’s analyzing the market and trying to figure out how he’s going to game plan it, but I believe for sure that the Flames, when the time is right, if Stone is made available by the Ottawa Senators will inquire to see what it will take to get him in their lineup. So, some Canadian contenders perhaps clashing in terms of the services for Mark Stone.

The X-factor always in these last couple of weeks before the deadline is injuries, we figure the Bruins will be a buyer, but does the David Pastrnak injury add to the urgency?

Bob McKenzie: I would think it does, now general manager Don Sweeney of the Boston Bruins said on Tuesday that it doesn’t change anything, but what else are you going to say? You don’t want to tell people or advertise that we’re really desperate, we just lost a first-line scoring winger on a team that was already looking for a second-line scoring winger or a third-line centre.

Here’s the thing with Pastrnak’s injury, the Bruins say they’re going to reevaluate it in two weeks, you know that is? That’s NHL team speak for he’s going to be out longer than two weeks and in my books that team speak gets translated as two-four weeks, maybe even four-six weeks, we don’t know, but certainly more than two weeks.

Columbus remains one of the most intriguing teams, a playoff team, yet also with the situation of big name UFAs: Bobrovsky and Panarin. Not much of a goalie market, so let’s focus in on Panarin, what’s the game plan here?

LeBrun: Several teams have phoned on Panarin and the Blue Jackets continue to evaluate the offers that are on the table and the scenarios that could unfold. Here is the important thing to remember, they are going to be a buyer and a seller if all goes well for them and it’s a delicate situation. What they’re weighing is, their best offer on Panarin at the end of the day, has to outweigh what they’re will to pay to replace him in their lineup, because they want to win this year as well.

I can tell you a name, they have interest in Matt Duchene if and when the Ottawa Senators make him available. So, what they get for Panarin in a separate deal has to outweigh what they would pay for Duchene in terms of the outlying asset that would remain alive after those two deals. Otherwise, if it’s a wash, why trade Panarin? Why not make him your own rental? That’s what the Blue Jackets are grappling with right now.​

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013

_______

Dreger shares latest sentiment on Senators’ pending UFAs

It’s coming down to crunch time for the Ottawa Senators when it comes to their pending unrestricted free agents.

Darren Dreger had a Monday afternoon radio hit on Edmonton’s TSN 1260.

The Insider was asked if it’s fair to say that if it could all work out, the Senators would love Mark Stone and Matt Duchene to stay. The real quandary is whether or not the players themselves want to stick around.

“That’s a great question if the players want that,” said Dreger. “And I think you’re right, I think Ottawa would love to have the ability to sign all three of those guys - Stone, Duchene, and Dzingel. It’s unlikely. I don’t see any way that they get all three signed, and I think that it’s a bit of a longshot that they two of the three. Some who I trust think that all three might be walking.

We’re going to find out sooner than later.

“It feels like something may go down this week. And that might be something as little - although it’s significant - as one or both of the big boys in Stone and Duchene just coming clean and saying, ‘Look, we’re not signing here. We’re going to go to the market or at least we’re open to be traded. We understand the Ottawa Senators can’t let us walk into unrestricted free agency, but we’re just not signing here.’

“Now, whether that happens with both of those guys this week, one of those guys this week, we’re going to have to wait and see. But when you’re this close to the February 25 trade deadline and you’re trying to maximize the return for two star players, then I feel like Pierre Dorion and the Ottawa Senators are going to need as much time as possible to try and manufacture the greatest return.”

_______

Bob McKenzie TSN 1200 Feb 12th Pre-Game spot: https://www.tsn.ca/radio/ottawa-1200/mckenzie-future-of-sens-ufa-s-still-up-in-the-air-1.1256740

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Tkachuckycheese

Oilers/Sens
Feb 2, 2016
So what was all this Fish Stick talk earlier? Nothing happened other than Dorian going to be in Winnipeg for most of the week.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Realistically what is Ceci trade value?

We know it's not a 1st++....maybe we can work back from there.....

Minimum a 2nd round pick. That's the floor. There aren't a lot of defenseman out there as rentals, and it has to be considered that if a team doesn't like Ceci at 4.3M next year, they don't have to qualify him. They can trade for him with the intention of using Ceci as a rental.

I think he'll go for a 2nd and an okay prospect. I hope for a late 1st from a team like Tampa Bay, but my gut tells me if a 1st was on the table he'd be gone by now.

Reactions: Moose97

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
10 day deadline isn't exactly a thing according to Bobby Mack . Pretty much saying sens are already doing their scouting and determining what's out there

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
lol. he still doesn't know if they will sign or not. what bullshit. he should have known a month ago and should have already worked out trades for them. 10 days is nothing for dorion. he's gonna mess this up so bad.

Reactions: Sureves

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
lol. he still doesn't know if they will sign or not. what bull****. he should have known a month ago and should have already worked out trades for them. 10 days is nothing for dorion. he's gonna mess this up so bad.

His last ditch effort will be handing Matt Duchene a crumpled up paper after next practice asking "Will you sign with me, check yes or no"

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
lol. he still doesn't know if they will sign or not. what bull****. he should have known a month ago and should have already worked out trades for them. 10 days is nothing for dorion. he's gonna mess this up so bad.
By the looks of it he already has. Big time.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
If anyone still defends this **** org after they trade Stone, I'm going to start using the ignore function.

Yeah, but the team needed to trade Stone, because he's secretly a bad person and has been the real problem all along, but we're not going to tell you that until he's gone, or if you're really lucky we'll tell you in a really obscure and roundabout way like 16 hours before we actually trade him in an effort to lead the story, either via a hastily-written Ottawa Sun editorial piece penned by some ancient retired reporter who hasn't written for the paper in like 4 years so it's weird that he wrote this one article all of a sudden and the whole thing makes no sense, or in an interview with Zack Smith in an Build-A-Bear hat warehouse with Nick Ruszkowski.

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
Yeah, but the team needed to trade Stone, because he's secretly a bad person and has been the real problem all along, but we're not going to tell you that until he's gone, or if you're really lucky we'll tell you in a really obscure and roundabout way like 16 hours before we actually trade him in an effort to lead the story, either via a hastily-written Ottawa Sun editorial piece penned by some ancient retired reporter who hasn't written for the paper in like 4 years so it's weird that he wrote this one article all of a sudden and the whole thing makes no sense, or in an interview with Zack Smith in an Build-A-Bear hat warehouse with Nick Ruszkowski.

Dying

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012

I saw Mark Stone at a grocery store in Kanata yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Coffee Crisps in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->