Rumor: Trade rumours/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

R2010

May 23, 2011
Jets fan coming in peace , if we get Stone from you and you want to become new Jets fans , you can come on our board anytime you want . :thumbu:

Jets are my 2nd team. I'd prefer Stone there than basically anywhere else. That being said - I want him resigned or you to lose significant assets to us when he is traded :P

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
Of course any trade that PD makes will have that extra “WTF piece” that he typically throws in that confirms that he got bent over!

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Let this be a lesson to Dorion about not getting things done in the off season. I bet if he had gotten pro active and worked on both duchene and stone for 9.5 x 8, we wouldn't be in this ridiculous position of losing 2 of our best 3 players.

Very Mickey Mouse shit.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Let this be a lesson to Dorion about not getting things done in the off season. I bet if he had gotten pro active and worked on both duchene and stone for 9.5 x 8, we wouldn't be in this ridiculous position of losing 2 of our best 3 players.

Very Mickey Mouse ****.

They don’t want to be here long term, no one does

Reactions: derriko

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
They don’t want to be here long term, no one does

Certainly not now, in the summer I think there was a chance of hammering something out. But I would bet good money that dorion played chicken with them trying to get it down to the 8 million range and lost.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Certainly not now, in the summer I think there was a chance of hammering something out. But I would bet good money that dorion played chicken with them trying to get it down to the 8 million range and lost.

Maybe, but one of the reasons they don’t want to be here is financial - if he offered them both $10 million over 8 years maybe they sign. But taking the Melnyck approach of low balling everyone is a losing strategy

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Read that @JD1

Karlsson didn’t come with the value we wanted because of the timing he was traded. It would have been a better idea to trade him closer to the deadline after he regained his full form. But surely there was risk considering he didn’t look that great the season before, coming back from his second major surgery.

Also, he would have returned more if he came with an extension but he was not ready to commit (and still hasn’t months later).

Still, 2 good prospects, a 1st, a 2nd, a young player like Tierney and another conditional 1st/2nd is a way better package that people on this board have painted... Imagine if the roles were reversed and we gave up White, Chlapik, a 1st, a 2nd, Pageau and another conditional 1st/2nd for a guy that we could walk as a UFA... heck, people still cry that we gave Silfverberg, a prospect with diminishing value and what was supposed to be a late-ish 1st for a guy that had 2 years before UFA. Or that we upgraded Turris to Duchene for a decent prospect, a 1st and a 3rd (sure that 1st became a prime asset now, but it shouldn’t have happened)

There’s a limit teams are ready to pay for an elite player when there’s no guarantee that they will have the player for more than a year (it eliminated a lot of teams from the bidding war, plus those who are already against the cap since we didn’t want to take much salary back, which always hurt the Sens in trades). Sharks have an aging core and went all in, the risk was very high for them, and still is.

Jets fan coming in peace , if we get Stone from you and you want to become new Jets fans , you can come on our board anytime you want . :thumbu:

Jets are my 2nd team and Stone is my favorite Sens so chances are high you’ll see me around if it happens

Last edited:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Very Mickey Mouse ****.
Well we may have been in this position just not with 9 days until the trade deadline

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Maybe, but one of the reasons they don’t want to be here is financial - if he offered them both $10 million over 8 years maybe they sign. But taking the Melnyck approach of low balling everyone is a losing strategy

And that's exactly what I think happened. Whether dorion was trying to be cute or Gene was too cheap, it's Mickey Mouse stuff from a Mickey Mouse organization

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Our only hope and its getting really faint is if a new owner comes in and signs our key players.....Iam not very optimistic at the stage

darnok

Mar 15, 2014

Very Mickey Mouse ****.
Neither is worth that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad