Rumor: Trade rumours/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 7): (Mod warning post #521)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artanis

Dec 1, 2011
Ottawa
Beaudin was in ECHL due to Colorado sharing an affiliate with St. Louis. He is far from a blue chipper but he has potential. He is a somewhat similar prospect to Gabriel Gagne imo although he plays more of a reliable two-way game and doesn't have the weapon of a shot that Gabe has (so, not a stylistic comparison).

I wouldn't entirely write him off although I am not counting on him becoming much.

He's also only 21, so that's good. Has some more time to grow.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
So Boyle fetches a 2nd, Dzingel atleast getting that now. Sounds good to me.

Sure, but would you be happy with a 2nd for Dzingel? I'd be disappointed personally.

Dorion's ask is a 1st per Garrioch.

With the talk about there being renewed interest in OTT extending him, could that be a consequence of the Senators not wanting to deal him in a weak market, and offers being soft? I wonder the ask being a 1st means the Senators would abandon all interest in extending him if someone stepped up with that offer. If there's a concrete ask and Dzingel is still here, it probably means that nobody has stepped up and offered that yet.

Reactions: NB613

Artanis

Dec 1, 2011
Ottawa
Sure, but would you be happy with a 2nd for Dzingel? I'd be disappointed personally.

Dorion's ask is a 1st per Garrioch.

With the talk about there being renewed interest in OTT extending him, could that be a consequence of the Senators not wanting to deal him in a weak market, and offers being soft? I wonder the ask being a 1st means the Senators would abandon all interest in extending him if someone stepped up with that offer. If there's a concrete ask and Dzingel is still here, it probably means that nobody has stepped up and offered that yet.

No I would also be requesting a 1st if Boyle gets a 2nd, kind of helps the cause for asking for a 1st.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
I think it's a very good trade. Save money (you're welcome Euge), and you get a free shot at a struggling prospect with potential. Only traded away someone who doesn't have a spot in your lineup and wouldn't have in the future. There's not really anything at risk here.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
So Boyle fetches a 2nd, Dzingel atleast getting that now. Sounds good to me.

Teams looking to add C depth. Big body vet with playoff experience that can win face offs... vs a speedy little scoring winger. I do not see the correlation from a value perspective. Teams looking to add top 6 or 9 speed and scoring vs teams looking to add 4th line C depth

Artanis

Dec 1, 2011
Ottawa
Teams looking to add C depth. Big body vet with playoff experience that can win face offs... vs a speedy little scoring winger. I do not see the correlation from a value perspective. Teams looking to add top 6 or 9 speed and scoring vs teams looking to add 4th line C depth

He's a 4th liner, and he returned a 2nd.
Dzingel is a top 6 who can actually score, he easily fetches more.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
He's a 4th liner, and he returned a 2nd.
Dzingel is a top 6 who can actually score, he easily fetches more.
I don't disagree with that.. but .. I don't see the relationship between Boyle and Dzingel.. the market would be completely different for those 2 players. Do I think Dzingel is worth more than a 2nd .. I sure do.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
If duchene is getting traded it’s hard to find a better spot for him than Nashville.

1st, tolvanen, and sissons?

I don’t know.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
If duchene is getting traded it’s hard to find a better spot for him than Nashville.

So their 1st, tolvanen, and sissons would be good enough for me.

Is that with no extension? Extended I'd want more. Maybe switch Scissons with Fabbro.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Remember when we were idiots for not liking McCormick because the pros thought he deserved a one way contract.

We should stop trying to make it seem like PD thought this guy was going to be a regular NHLer

He was given pretty minor reward money for being a good soldier for the AHL team. He was brought up as a 4th liner filler several times, as a nod from The big club and also on the off chance that he seriously stepped into a 12/13 role player.

His money has zero effect on the team budget, and is the type of move that helps the club’s image for guys toiling in the minors. Boro also got similar treatment and has been able to carve out a little NHL career.

Nice little trade, turns an expiring asset into a renewed one.

Reactions: derriko

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Is that with no extension? Extended I'd want more. Maybe switch Scissons with Fabbro.
Extended switch sissons for fabbro yes
That would be fine.(Just doesn’t look like a Dorion trade anymore)
Otherwise unextended I would expect sissons to be flipped. I don’t know

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
No, I remember everyone was unanimous that it was a bad signing

I think the nicest thing about that signing came from me, when I suggested that "at least a 1-way at league minimum isn't crippling to the team, so if it fails like everyone expects it to, then it won't affect other decisions the team has to make", or something like that.

Even those of us who were trying to find a silver lining knew it was a bad deal.

Reactions: BondraTime

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Extended switch sissons for fabbro yes
That would be fine.(Just doesn’t look like a Dorion trade anymore)
Otherwise unextended I would expect sissons to be flipped. I don’t know

Colton Sissons is exactly the type of roster player I would expect back .. Mediocre . Tierney, Boedker, Sissons. White, Tkachuk, Paajarvi, Smith, Pageau, a couple more rookies making the team... that's what we are looking at imo

Reactions: Icelevel

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
There's absolutely no mention of playoffs in the Scanlan article and the Mendes article is simply a recap of his interview with Dorion, which you can listen to if you like and Dorion never once mentioned playoffs so to concluded "He actually expected us to challenge for the playoffs and blames injuries, this man is delusional" is grasping at thin air more than anything else. Ecspecially when Dorion himself set the bar very low coming into the season.

Let's not forget there's still 10 weeks remaining in the season, I dont know about you but coming into the season I expected the team to perform better in the second half so lets see how it all plays out before we get into finishing in last or not. Of course the events that transpire this month will go along way in how the team performs the rest of the way but that's besides the point when talking about Dorion 'expecting the team to challenge for playoffs'.

Dorion has already been criticized for setting Ithe bar low so of course months later he has to be criticized for being unrealistic. I do think it was unnecessary to mention injuries but I do think Anderson, Duchene and Chabot going down all around the same time did play apart in the team falling down the standings, that's not to say they weren't overachieving before those injuries.
I did listen to the interview after I'd read the recap and I had taken it the same way as Ian did and I certainly wouldn't say it's grasping at thin air as he is the one out there making the disingenuous comments saying his club underachieved due to injuries leaving it open to interpretation, and their affiliated reporter then put it in print on the network most people go to for their sports news, but I won't double down as you're correct he didn't technically say playoffs, it was just a statement using injuries as an excuse for their performance in general. He obviously incited anger with his comments at the STH meeting according to the Scanlan article, so again, I'm not alone with feeling his comments are infuriating and another example of not taking responsibility for putting together the worst roster in the league. He's out of touch with where his team is at and for connecting with the fan base if he's pointing to injuries, that's not at all what this is. They are exactly where we all predicted and all he should be doing is being the one out here taking ownership for where they are, not bringing up injuries as an excuse at both interviews.

Perform better in the 2nd half? That seems like a strange assumption. Not at all would I assume that. I think I, like many others, assumed the opposite and that the team would overachieve for a couple months as we saw and then start to hit a wall as we're seeing these last couple months. This is just a team performing to its capabilities. I expect them to finish the season losing at a rate about what they've been doing the last couple months and consider the first couple months the exception here.

You're entitled to your opinion, but imo he only has himself to blame for all the bad pr, he just brings himself out there and does it to himself over and over again and these last two stories are another prime example. All he should be doing is taking responsibility for this mess, not blaming injuries.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I did listen to the interview after I'd read the recap and I had taken it the same way as Ian did and I certainly wouldn't say it's grasping at thin air as he is the one out there making the disingenuous comments saying his club underachieved due to injuries leaving it open to interpretation, and their affiliated reporter then put it in print on the network most people go to for their sports news, but I won't double down as you're correct he didn't technically say playoffs, it was just a statement using injuries as an excuse for their performance in general. He obviously incited anger with his comments at the STH meeting according to the Scanlan article, so again, I'm not alone with feeling his comments are infuriating and another example of not taking responsibility for putting together the worst roster in the league. He's out of touch with where his team is at and for connecting with the fan base if he's pointing to injuries, that's not at all what this is. They are exactly where we all predicted and all he should be doing is being the one out here taking ownership for where they are, not bringing up injuries as an excuse at both interviews.

Perform better in the 2nd half? That seems like a strange assumption. Not at all would I assume that. I think I, like many others, assumed the opposite and that the team would overachieve for a couple months as we saw and then start to hit a wall as we're seeing these last couple months. This is just a team performing to its capabilities. I expect them to finish the season losing at a rate about what they've been doing the last couple months and consider the first couple months the exception here.

You're entitled to your opinion, but imo he only has himself to blame for all the bad pr, he just brings himself out there and does it to himself over and over again and these last two stories are another prime example. All he should be doing is taking responsibility for this mess, not blaming injuries.

So you’re saying that he didn’t mention the team making the playoffs this year in his interview.

I mean isn’t it a fact that the team played worse when three of our best players went down? Is it a coincidence that it coincides with the only time we went on a massive losing skid this year?

There is what PD said, and then there is what you’re interpreting. Common sense would dictate that he feels like the team would be around where his pre season expectations were, not at the absolute bottom of the league, or making the playoffs for that matter.

Somehow you’ve become one of the leaders in the charge to ‘interpret’ everything and anything in a way that allows you to bash PD, no matter how much of a stretch it may be.

This line of reasoning is straight up rediculous. The man never mentioned making the playoffs, but don’t let that get in your way...

Reactions: MrCraigAnderson

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Colton Sissons is exactly the type of roster player I would expect back .. Mediocre . Tierney, Boedker, Sissons. White, Tkachuk, Paajarvi, Smith, Pageau, a couple more rookies making the team... that's what we are looking at imo
Fun

Handles1919

Jul 27, 2016
ottawa
So you’re saying that he didn’t mention the team making the playoffs this year in his interview.

I mean isn’t it a fact that the team played worse when three of our best players went down? Is it a coincidence that it coincides with the only time we went on a massive losing skid this year?

There is what PD said, and then there is what you’re interpreting. Common sense would dictate that he feels like the team would be around where his pre season expectations were, not at the absolute bottom of the league, or making the playoffs for that matter.

Somehow you’ve become one of the leaders in the charge to ‘interpret’ everything and anything in a way that allows you to bash PD, no matter how much of a stretch it may be.

This line of reasoning is straight up rediculous. The man never mentioned making the playoffs, but don’t let that get in your way...
they had the one 8 game losing streak, had 2 5 game losing streaks and have lost 4 in a row as of today.

the teams been on a massive losing streak all season

Reactions: Liver King

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
What would it take to get Dougie Hamilton from the Canes? He's only 25 and if the Sens manage to re-sign Stone and Duchene, couple that with a new coaching staff, things could in fact turn around pretty quickly.

Dzingel and Ceci for Hamilton?

Deal Boedker and Smith at the deadline for picks (some retention if necessary)

Re-sign Nilsson to a 1 or 2 years deal (or another good goalie if available)

Ryan-Duchene-Stone
Tkachuk-Brown-Batherson
Formenton-Pageau-White
Balcers-Tierney-Chlapik

Chabot-Hamilton
Wolanin-Jaros
Lajoie-DeMelo
Boro/Harpur

Anderson
Nilsson

I personally think what he said was a long way from saying he thought they were a playoff contender and I do think losing their #1 C/D/G played a part in their 8 game losing streak. But take it as an opportunity to dump on him if you want, seems people don’t need much of a reason around here anyway. After all yesterday was a whole day of discussing Brandon Dubinsky for the dumbest reason.

I didn't really follow the conversation but well it's the internet, can't expect much, people criticize a lot but often are not even good at criticizing. I'm often dumbfounded by the futility of some of the reviews I read on IMBD for example.

Anyway, I listened to Dorion and the part that was talked about. He didn't say the things I have read in this thread. He said they were in a playoffs hunt before December 1st (which is factual) and that the train fell off the rails when they got those simultaneous injuries. He felt that they could have stayed in the mix if not, which is possible but we'll never know. I Don't see any problem with what he said and I'm really not a PD supporter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad