Rumor: Trade rumours/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 7): (Mod warning post #521)

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
The Senators have shown interest in Sanheim before. They wanted Sanheim and a 1st for Hoffman last trade deadline. The Flyers apparently balked at that ask.

It'll be interesting to see what Hoffman goes for if he is dealt by the Panthers. Even if they don't get a home run return for him, they'll almost certainly profit from a (future at the time) 2nd, a 4th and a 5th.

If the Panthers are serious about adding both Bobrovsky and Panarin prior to the trade deadline, Hoffman+Brassard would be a good starting point if the Blue Jackets are invested in winning now rather than getting futures. Hoffman is no Panarin, but he replaces some of the offense lost with dealing Panarin, and he's signed for two more seasons. Florida clears cap/salary for a potential Panarin extension. Even if Panarin won't sign in season, it gives Florida the upper hand by allowing them access to the 8th year for Panarin.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
I think this is the likely cause. I truly believes he enjoys it here but the Sens don't have what it takes to offer him to stay whether that be a contract or a competitive team heading into the future as well making Duchene himself look money hungry so they are trying to make this process look as civil as possible. This is just my hunch.

Hopefully if he walks, there's an interest in getting an extension done now with another team.

Duchene is getting a big contract no matter what, but if he goes to another team and completely falls flat like he did for the first month or two of his time as a Senators, it might negatively affect his market value on July 1st. If he's able to get 9 or 9.5 million per season, front loaded, signing bonuses, over 8 years (not 7) via signing a deal in a trade to a team that appeals to him, that's a pretty sure fire bet to be close to the top end of his market value.

Duchene would have to get almost 11 million from a team on a 7 year term to match the amount of guaranteed money an 8 year 9.5M AAV contract would bring. While it's plausible he will still be in the NHL at 36 and get paid on a new deal for that 8th year, it's not guaranteed. Lots of top players drop off by then.

A longer contract also allows a greater opportunity for front loading money. If a team like Philadelphia, or Nashville, or San Jose (lol) comes in with a strong sign and trade offer, it probably presents an opportunity for Duchene to push July 1st up a few months, cash in, and get to participate in a playoff run right away. (Maybe not with PHI, but they are getting there)

Reactions: Alex1234

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Fact: I wouldnt post here if I thought it was a wasteland of pettiness.
Let alone 6 posts in the same page.

If we need to trade them I think we need to recoup some first(s)
Quality over quantity is a must
Wether PD can make it happen is another question

Reactions: Cosmix

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Fact: I wouldnt post here if I thought it was a wasteland of pettiness.
Let alone 6 posts in the same page.

If we need to trade them I think we need to recoup some first(s)
Quality over quantity is a must
Wether PD can make it happen is another question
Yes quality over quantity is a must. Totally agree.
We need a top 3 winger and a top 2 dman

Riceroni

Dec 14, 2018
Would you do this?

To Nashville:
- Duchene (extended)
- PIT 3rd 2019
- Tychonick

To Ottawa:
- Turris
- Fiala
- Tolvanen
- 2nd (becomes 1st if NSH makes SCF)

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Yes quality over quantity is a must. Totally agree.
We need a top 3 winger and a top 2 dman
Even if its only one top 10 pick per player (Stone and Duchene) then be it
But top talent is a must if we re-start from scratch to become a contender
No more multi pieces trade

Reactions: Icelevel and Cosmix

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Are all these leaks about Duchene deciding based on the "direction" of the team deliberate? From one or both sides.

Makes everybody look as good as possible if Duchene walks. The Sens didn't fail to retain him over money, he didn't leave over wanting the largest possible contract which is usually perceived as greedy by a lot of hockey fans. (Despite it being well within his rights)
Yeah this is exactly what I'm thinking and it's disgusting.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I think this is the likely cause. I truly believes he enjoys it here but the Sens don't have what it takes to offer him to stay whether that be a contract or a competitive team heading into the future as well making Duchene himself look money hungry so they are trying to make this process look as civil as possible. This is just my hunch.
Yeah it makes sense and isn’t dumb.

Reactions: Cosmix

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Would you do this?

To Nashville:
- Duchene (extended)
- PIT 3rd 2019
- Tychonick

To Ottawa:
- Turris
- Fiala
- Tolvanen
- 2nd (becomes 1st if NSH makes SCF)

Don't see the point in taking back Turris.

I could see something like....

-Matt Duchene (extended)
-Magnus Paajarvi
-Nick Paul or Justin Falk
-2019 5th Round Pick

-2019 NSH 1st Round Pick
-2020 NSH 2nd Round Pick
-2019 FLA 3rd Round Pick
-Eeli Tolvanen
-Dante Fabbro* (Or Nashville's 2020 pick in exchange for the conditional 2nd if he does not sign with Ottawa)
-Anthony Richard
-Nick Bonino or Craig Smith

Paajarvi is in there to add a bit of depth to the bottom end of Nashville's lineup since they'd be losing a roster forward with term in order to clear cap for a Duchene extension. Paul or Falk are pure contract dumps since Ottawa would be taking back three contracts. NSH probably wants a late pick back if they are giving up two picks from the same draft.

Fabbro would come with a condition. NHL rules already stipulate that because Fabbro was a 1st round pick, if he does not sign with the team owning his rights in 2020, that team would get a conditional 2nd round pick. That should be the 48th overall pick in the draft. The condition would be that if Ottawa does not sign Fabbro and that conditional pick is granted, Nashville has to swap their 2020 1st round pick for that 2020 2nd round pick.

Anthony Richard might be a bottom 6 NHLer one day. We can target him and then rave about how high our scouts were on him, and how he totally won't be the next Nick Paul.

I think a big hitch with Duchene to Nashville would be that they are very strict about signing bonuses and NMCs. I just can't see it working as a destination with an extension in place unless he just likes country music that much.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013

Kind of an awesome trade lol... 21 yr old former 3rd rounder

Probably just a money deal. Seems like a scenario where COL needed a depth forward who could play in the NHL, and we wanted to save money so we took on a contract dump.

2 way deal vs 1 way deal.

By my math, McCormick is still owed about 210k playing in the AHL. Beaudin is owed about 26k. I know nothing of Beaudin, but looking at his numbers I can't imagine a player who spent last year in the ECHL who has only 13 points this season was acquired with any expectation of him making the NHL ever.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Probably just a money deal. Seems like a scenario where COL needed a depth forward who could play in the NHL, and we wanted to save money so we took on a contract dump.

2 way deal vs 1 way deal.

By my math, McCormick is still owed about 210k playing in the AHL. Beaudin is owed about 26k. I know nothing of Beaudin, but looking at his numbers I can't imagine a player who spent last year in the ECHL who has only 13 points this season was acquired with any expectation of him making the NHL ever.

Beaudin was in ECHL due to Colorado sharing an affiliate with St. Louis. He is far from a blue chipper but he has potential. He is a somewhat similar prospect to Gabriel Gagne imo although he plays more of a reliable two-way game and doesn't have the weapon of a shot that Gabe has (so, not a stylistic comparison).

I wouldn't entirely write him off although I am not counting on him becoming much.

Reactions: danielpalfredsson

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
Im seeing there was a trade on my Instagram.... max mccormick for jean-Christophe beaudin (avs)

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Beaudin was in ECHL due to Colorado sharing an affiliate with St. Louis. He is far from a blue chipper but he has potential. He is a somewhat similar prospect to Gabriel Gagne imo although he plays more of a reliable two-way game and doesn't have the weapon of a shot that Gabe has (so, not a stylistic comparison).

I wouldn't entirely write him off although I am not counting on him becoming much.

Appreciate the clarification about the ECHL.

Again, going very on paper here. I won't pretend I know anything about the context of this guy so it's good to see some info shared. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad