Rumor: Trade rumours/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 7): (Mod warning post #521)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Okay let's get some deadline predictions. Do the stay or do they go, and if so where do they end up

Duchene
Stone
Ceci
Dzingel
Anderson
Ryan
Boedker
Tierney
Smith
Paajarvi
Pageau

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Can you tell me who you think is not a good soldier in Belleville?
Just curious

Sorry, I cannot. You have to have access to the room, the bus, etc...

The closest Hong we have is how the guys are treated by the organization, and how the staff talks about them.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
So you didn’t go back and listen to it did you?

Your ranting aside I’d be genuinely interested to hear how Mendes was able to make the conclusions he did based on what PD actually said, tone and all.

Perhaps something off air was said, or perhaps Mendes write the article off memory.

I am staunch in my assessment that a reasonable person could not listen to that interview and come to that conclusion based on what Dorion said, not without a massive dose of purposeful bias, as you have exhibited.

Seriously, go have a listen. I don’t care that your mad at the guy, lord knows it his mantle to wear, but his playoff stuff is just plain silly based on what he said in his interview.
I listened yesterday after reading the article and this is my opinion. How many times do I have to say that the playoffs were not mentioned after all, but even if he only meant not meeting lower expectations my opinion of that is still a pile of doody that shouldn't have been said and he deserves to be jumped on for even bringing it up. My opinion is that he was meaning competing for the playoffs, not just overachieving low expectations. That can be inferred by the simple fact that if we were doing much better, pretty much every team other than 2 or 3 right now are technically competing for the playoffs. You can patronize me all you want if you don't agree, but I think what I think and you quoted me looking to engage. I know where you stand on this team and don't really care to come over to that side where incompetence at this level is simply excused. This is just more tone deaf bs from the team and they should be called out for it. I guess that CBC interview was too much for them that they're at the point of full control over interviews or nothing, but even with that they still find a way to come out looking bad.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau

Your ranting aside I’d be genuinely interested to hear how Mendes was able to make the conclusions he did based on what PD actually said, tone and all.

Perhaps something off air was said, or perhaps Mendes write the article off memory.

I am staunch in my assessment that a reasonable person could not listen to that interview and come to that conclusion based on what Dorion said, not without a massive dose of purposeful bias, as you have exhibited.

Seriously, go have a listen. I don’t care that your mad at the guy, lord knows it his mantle to wear, but his playoff stuff is just plain silly based on what he said in his interview.

Who really cares exactly what was said, Dorion was asked why his team fell off a cliff and he blamed injuries, which we all, except you obviously, know is wrong. This team fell off a cliff because the roster Pierre Dorion assembled is terrible.

Someone is this organization needs to be held accountable for the ridiculous decision making that has been going on.

Maybe next time someone could ask Dorion for his explanation on the Ceci for Hall one for one trade that was stopped by the owner.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I listened yesterday after reading the article and this is my opinion. How many times do I have to say that the playoffs were not mentioned after all, but even if he only meant not meeting lower expectations my opinion of that is still a pile of doody that shouldn't have been said and he deserves to be jumped on for even bringing it up. My opinion is that he was meaning competing for the playoffs, not just overachieving low expectations. That can be inferred by the simple fact that if we were doing much better, pretty much every team other than 2 or 3 right now are technically competing for the playoffs. You can patronize me all you want if you don't agree, but I think what I think and you quoted me looking to engage. I know where you stand on this team and don't really care to come over to that side where incompetence at this level is simply excused. This is just more tone deaf bs from the team and they should be called out for it. I guess that CBC interview was too much for them that they're at the point of full control over interviews or nothing, but even with that they still find a way to come out looking bad.

The three injuries to our best players coincided with our 8 game skid.

Mendes sets up the question by saying essentially that we were playing well above expectations until December happened, and asks PD his opinion. PD says that key injuries contributed to a big skid that dropped down the standings, but that he didn’t want to fully blame injuries because all teams have them. He mentions that the depth couldn’t keep them at the same level.

He doesn’t at all talk about making the playoffs, nor did he blam injuries for the team’s current fate. He seemed mildly disappointed with the standings, but also happy with the way some key kids have developed. It was basically the kind of interview that you would want and expect from your GM at the start of a rebuild. He goes on to talk about how guys are developing in Belleville, talks about Norris, about Anderson, and gives a real good assessment of how he’s not going to discuss ongoing player negotiations in the media, somethingost of us disliked about BM when he was GM.
In better days we would respect that PD is respecting the process and not discussing any of it.

If you were a fan that was out for blood and demanding heads to roll, this would not feed you, and you would pan it. Looking for ways to additionally chriticize the GM for things he didn’t say would be an added bonus.

I know you’re unhappy, and I know I won’t change your tune. Trust me I’m not trying to in general.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
It was basically the kind of interview that you would want and expect from your GM at the start of a rebuild.
It was basically the kind of interview that you would want and expect from your GM, thus the pre-scripted, pre-approved lob ball questions probably written by Dorion himself.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Who really cares exactly what was said, Dorion was asked why his team fell off a cliff and he blamed injuries, which we all, except you obviously, know is wrong. This team fell off a cliff because the roster Pierre Dorion assembled is terrible.

Someone is this organization needs to be held accountable for the ridiculous decision making that has been going on.

Maybe next time someone could ask Dorion for his explanation on the Ceci for Hall one for one trade that was stopped by the owner.

Except he didn’t blame injuries, he in fact said that he didn’t want to blame injuries because all teams go through it. He essentially blame the teams depths inability to fill in to the same level. He in no way looks to avoid personal blame.

Ceci for Hall is an unsubstantiated rumour, with little evidence on how it came and went either way, why would any reporter work a dime ask such a silly question beyond if there was any legitimacy to it. I think you need to invest in a jumbo salt grinder while following trade rumours.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Except he didn’t blame injuries, he in fact said that he didn’t want to blame injuries because all teams go through it. He essentially blame the teams depths inability to fill in to the same level. He in no way looks to avoid personal blame.

Ceci for Hall is an unsubstantiated rumour, with little evidence on how it came and went either way, why would any reporter work a dime ask such a silly question beyond if there was any legitimacy to it. I think you need to invest in a jumbo salt grinder while following trade rumours.
It was Ceci for Hall one for one.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
It was basically the kind of interview that you would want and expect from your GM, thus the pre-scripted, pre-approved lob ball questions probably written by Dorion himself.

Huh? I suspect you didn’t give it a listen either. Cuts into your social movement time.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
If I’m not mistaken, the team has pretty close to a full and healthy line up now.

How has it been going?

Well we haven’t lost 8 straight if that’s what you’re getting at. No one expected us to be a bubble team, and the unexpected good play to start the year was great to enjoy, it’s a shame you missed it.

It’s also fair to say that we shouldn’t be 31st overall when we’re playing to our skill levels. Bottom 10 works for me.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
The three injuries to our best players coincided with our 8 game skid.

Mendes sets up the question by saying essentially that we were playing well above expectations until December happened, and asks PD his opinion. PD says that key injuries contributed to a big skid that dropped down the standings, but that he didn’t want to fully blame injuries because all teams have them. He mentions that the depth couldn’t keep them at the same level.

He doesn’t at all talk about making the playoffs, nor did he blam injuries for the team’s current fate. He seemed mildly disappointed with the standings, but also happy with the way some key kids have developed. It was basically the kind of interview that you would want and expect from your GM at the start of a rebuild. He goes on to talk about how guys are developing in Belleville, talks about Norris, about Anderson, and gives a real good assessment of how he’s not going to discuss ongoing player negotiations in the media, somethingost of us disliked about BM when he was GM.
In better days we would respect that PD is respecting the process and not discussing any of it.

If you were a fan that was out for blood and demanding heads to roll, this would not feed you, and you would pan it. Looking for ways to additionally chriticize the GM for things he didn’t say would be an added bonus.

I know you’re unhappy, and I know I won’t change your tune. Trust me I’m not trying to in general.
If you feel that injuries had anything to do with where we are, you're entitled to that opinion. Mine is that we overachieved early on and that if anything, the losing streaks we've had are much more indicative of the teams true performance. This is a last place team with everyone healthy and playing to the best of their abilities imo. Pointing to depth being an issue is silly when many players themselves ahead of our depth don't belong on an NHL roster either, and certainly not in the roles many were put in.

Your opinion is that he didn't blame injuries. My opinion is that he brought it up exactly for that reason, he just chose to try to follow it up with, "but its not an excuse." If that's the kind of interview you want, great, but not me. As discussed in the sports radio thread, there are so many questions and debates to be had that other GM's put themselves out there for, and most of them are non confrontational items that Dorion used to spend time discussing on that very station.

Again, you say it's a bias or an agenda, and I say it's simply an honest evaluation of management at the highest level of pro sports and each of their pr incidences. Your line of thinking is very much in the minority, as indicated by a recent poll here and even among the media, so I feel alright about my position. I hold them to a higher standard than you do, I'm not happy with them just doing their best, that's all. Mike Milbury also did his best, but he doesn't deserve anything but to be the butt end of jokes, it's just the way pro sports works when you fail, and they've done that 10 times over here.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Huh? I suspect you didn’t give it a listen either. Cuts into your social movement time.
Yep, listened just fine. Seems to me that the army you and your friends have built in here has a huge population of like 4, but keep trying though. You are far out numbered by my "social movement" that is pretty much the rest of HFBoards other than your 4.

Handles1919

Jul 27, 2016
ottawa
Well we haven’t lost 8 straight if that’s what you’re getting at. No one expected us to be a bubble team, and the unexpected good play to start the year was great to enjoy, it’s a shame you missed it.

It’s also fair to say that we shouldn’t be 31st overall when we’re playing to our skill levels. Bottom 10 works for me.
thats not surprising youre the most oblivious poster here

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017

This team is easily the worst in the NHL and played well above their heads at the start of the season. The posters who chose to consider that hot streak meaningful sure let their emotions get in the way of a reaslistic analysis and look mighty silly in hindsight.

And as a helpful update the Sens have lost 4 in a row, with a beat down looming tonight.

Artanis

Dec 1, 2011
Ottawa

PD Did say the main factor we didn't make the play-offs was due to injuries, or implied it.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Yep, listened just fine. Seems to me that the army you and your friends have built in here has a huge population of like 4, but keep trying though. You are far out numbered by my "social movement" that is pretty much the rest of HFBoards other than your 4.

Eh, it’s a fine 4, though I’m just fine standing on my own. You siding with my opinion doesn’t make me feel any better about it buddy.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
If you feel that injuries had anything to do with where we are, you're entitled to that opinion. Mine is that we overachieved early on and that if anything, the losing streaks we've had are much more indicative of the teams true performance. This is a last place team with everyone healthy and playing to the best of their abilities imo. Pointing to depth being an issue is silly when many players themselves ahead of our depth don't belong on an NHL roster either, and certainly not in the roles many were put in.

Your opinion is that he didn't blame injuries. My opinion is that he brought it up exactly for that reason, he just chose to try to follow it up with, "but its not an excuse." If that's the kind of interview you want, great, but not me. As discussed in the sports radio thread, there are so many questions and debates to be had that other GM's put themselves out there for, and most of them are non confrontational items that Dorion used to spend time discussing on that very station.

Again, you say it's a bias or an agenda, and I say it's simply an honest evaluation of management at the highest level of pro sports and each of their pr incidences. Your line of thinking is very much in the minority, as indicated by a recent poll here and even among the media, so I feel alright about my position. I hold them to a higher standard than you do, I'm not happy with them just doing their best, that's all. Mike Milbury also did his best, but he doesn't deserve anything but to be the butt end of jokes, it's just the way pro sports works when you fail, and they've done that 10 times over here.

I’m pretty sure he said that injuries played a part in the 8 game slide in December, because they coincided, but said that injuries can’t be blamed as all teams have them.

Without those injuries we’d likely be plodding along bottom 10 somewhere, but we don’t have the talent depth to take those hits right now because we’re choked full of new players and kids.

Nowhere did PD make any excuses, nor does he say that we should be much better we are. I can extrapolate that he doesn’t think we’re 31st over all when healthy, and neither do I, but we don’t have the depth yet, as the kids are developing.

I think this has run its course, some people just can’t have nice things right now, like listening to an interview and taking it for what it is. The funny thing is that he gave lots of information about his thoughts and put our kids, but here we are hours later talking about somethi he didn’t say.

Honestly, take the last word, I’m done. :)

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Can you provide proof that it wasn't??

I don’t have to, that’s not how this works.

Your making a bold claim and using it as a fact with which to bash PD over the head with.

I’m simply pointing out that it’s not a fact but a rumour, and typically we don’t condemn people over unsubstantiated stuff like that.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
I don’t have to, that’s not how this works.

Your making a bold claim and using it as a fact with which to bash PD over the head with.

I’m simply pointing out that it’s not a fact but a rumour, and typically we don’t condemn people over unsubstantiated stuff like that.

Dreger came out and said it was almost a done trade 1 for 1, go ask Dreger to substantiate the claim. If it's coming from Dreger, it's very likely to be credible.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
This BS about it being a buyers market seems to be an illusion.....Brian Boyle gets a 2nd rounder.....

Reactions: derriko
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad