Rumor: Trade rumours/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Hilarious that it even got to this point. However I gotta say you had to see it coming.

All 3 of our big UFAs, unsigned, untraded, and still playing, less than one week from the trade deadline, at 31st in the standings.

That is f***ing bonkers.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Hilarious that it even got to this point. However I gotta say you had to see it coming.

All 3 of our big UFAs, unsigned, untraded, and still playing, less than one week from the trade deadline, at 31st in the standings.

That is ****ing bonkers.
this is the Ottawa Senators

Reactions: inthewings

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012

That is ****ing bonkers.

Cody Ceci still needs a new contract, and I'm terrified he just might get it.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017

That is ****ing bonkers.
All part of the master plan!

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

That is ****ing bonkers.
That really is insane.

If we dress these guys in the remaining games, we are literally a gong show. That would be so stupid, so dumb. "Integrity of the game" be damned, there's a point (we reached it long long ago) where the state of the franchise needs to be put above "integrity"

Artanis

Dec 1, 2011
Ottawa
That really is insane.

If we dress these guys in the remaining games, we are literally a gong show. That would be so stupid, so dumb. "Integrity of the game" be damned, there's a point (we reached it long long ago) where the state of the franchise needs to be put above "integrity"

A part of me wants them to get injured (nothing serious), not traded because of said injury, and then just laugh at Dorion due to him being stupid.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Jets fan here , don't yell at me .:laugh: Roslovic has been on our 2nd line since Ehlers got hurt so about 5 weeks , he definitely has talent but is a work in progress . If you guys get him i think you would be pretty happy , although losing Stone would suck big time for you guys . I feel for you guys because your basically in this situation because your owner is such a cheap bastard . We had a cheap owner for Jets 1.0 and look where that got us . Anyway if you have to lose Stone maybe he could help us win a Cup and some of you become Jets fans for the playoffs . Hope a trade works out for both teams. :thumbu:

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

That is ****ing bonkers.

The organization that turned the winter classic into a selfish rant from the owner, has turned the Lebreton project into a spectacle; brought us we will make him an offer on July 1st, Can't convince any of their star players to stay, Brought us the Randy Lee show, and the Hoffman debacle .. is worried about preserving the integrity of the game... I think its more like;

PD: Should we sit these guys?
Euge: Do we have to pay them if we sit them?
PD: Well yah haha, I think so.
Euge: We pay them to play, play them

Reactions: toivy and Upgrayedd

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
I think the debate for the elite guys would be why give a "discount" when any funds "saved" clearly hasn't and won't go back into the team, so the decision comes down to be overpaid and never really aim or achieve any type of success or take a reasonable offer but be in a competitive situation for the majority of their careers, I believe both guys are more concerned with winning and thus will make the right choice and move on, I will be happy for them when they move on and don't care if really anything is returned because in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter as long as Eugene owns and operates the team.

I may have missed something here but I didn’t have anyone taking a discount. Have Duch and Stone making 9 million each, Chabot with 7 on hiss next contract, White at 3 million.
All our highest end payers are then signed longtrm and we are at $61 million.
That leaves 25 million or so for any other increases over the next 3-4 yrs, or any higher end signings.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018

That is ****ing bonkers.

You have a darker sense of humour than I do, my friend

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Jets fan here , don't yell at me .:laugh: Roslovic has been on our 2nd line since Ehlers got hurt so about 5 weeks , he definitely has talent but is a work in progress . If you guys get him i think you would be pretty happy , although losing Stone would suck big time for you guys . I feel for you guys because your basically in this situation because your owner is such a cheap bastard . We had a cheap owner for Jets 1.0 and look where that got us . Anyway if you have to lose Stone maybe he could help us win a Cup and some of you become Jets fans for the playoffs . Hope a trade works out for both teams. :thumbu:

Everything sucks big time for us. Run of the mill cheapness I can understand. We've always been a smaller market team, so thriftiness has been a part of this teams modus operandi forever.

What we're seeing here is active self-destruction at the hands of a man who intends to squeeze every last dollar out of this franchise before leaving a withered husk for whoever comes next. Or if he gets his way (however unlikely it is), move the team to another town and slowly burn through any good will there.

So yeah, we ain't really doing so well at the moment.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

Sens don't need Roslovic. Package has to include Niku and a 1st. 3rd piece should be Poolman. If a forward has to be the 3rd piece, I'd rather get Vesalainen than Roslovic

Tkachuk, Brown, Batherson, White, Norris, Chlapik, Balcers, Formenton, Crookshank, Pageau, Tierney, Paul, Luchuk, etc... there's no shortage of young forwards in the system and there's only 12 spots. Only high end forwards (like Stone and Duchene) should be added...

But what do I know? Karlsson was traded for 3 forwards, 2 picks and a bottom-pairing D-man, when the best pieces should have been young D-men.

PS : Jets are already my 2nd team, so if Stone is re-united with Scheifele, the competition will get fierce between Sens and Jets for me.

Reactions: Jets 31

Sensators

Sep 15, 2009
I want pecan as a throw in. He has been very smart and good when I've watched him. There is potential there

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Tavares told the Isles he wanted to stay, Duchene never did that. He just did the usual lip service while Tavares apparently told the Isles not to trade him.

There’s nothing wrong with what Duchene did. It’s not his fault we’re the worst-run organization in North American sports.
Agree
‘’Tavares us’’ is a bit of a reach

Reactions: Upgrayedd

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Anyone here follow @iamhockey1 on Twitter? I don't know how to post a tweet in here so have a look. Dude broke the Matthews extension before quite a few insiders. He tweeted that Stone is gonna re-sign a 5 year extension 9.5 AAV. He probably is just another Eklund but who knows maybe it's a glimmer of hope.
Now that Elliott Friedman has basically confirmed exactly this report, anyone else wanna rip on @iamhockey1?? Or rip on the "5 year offer"?? Instead of calling the guy who reported it a bunch of nasty names, maybe lets wait for some further context. Or lets rip on the organization who wants a guy to take 5 years instead of the 8 he should get.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Now that Elliott Friedman has basically confirmed exactly this report, anyone else wanna rip on @iamhockey1?? Or rip on the "5 year offer"??
You mean the report where Friedman says 10.5 x 5 and that it was just a rumour?

Yes, I will rip on him. He's a hack, and I actually can't believe anyone would put any thought into him. Wasn't Stone set to announce that according to that jabroni? He had the exact same tweet on February 5th as well, maybe he will be right if he puts it out there a few more times.

If you retweet him and follow him, he might get some new info! 100 retweets by 12pm and he'll send out some new hits fron from his various league wide sources!

Last edited:

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
I can't believe we let a talent like Stone get to UFA status. People might groan and be upset about the Karlsson debucle but this is way worse to me personally. Kinda the same way I felt when we let Mike Fisher go. Fisher, like Stone, was my favourite player on the team hands down.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I can't believe we let a talent like Stone get to UFA status. People might groan and be upset about the Karlsson debucle but this is way worse to me personally. Kinda the same way I felt when we let Mike Fisher go. Fisher was my favourite player on the team hands down.
Karlsson was huge blow the team today is so much worse than last year lol

karlsson last year was still coming back from injury and we are by far the worst team in the league now

Both are unacceptable loses imo

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
I may have missed something here but I didn’t have anyone taking a discount. Have Duch and Stone making 9 million each, Chabot with 7 on hiss next contract, White at 3 million.
All our highest end payers are then signed longtrm and we are at $61 million.
That leaves 25 million or so for any other increases over the next 3-4 yrs, or any higher end signings.

Was just using your post as a jumping off point, nothing related to the validity of your numbers. my point kind of got lost by my own doing lol, the basic is that I believe both Stone and Duchene value winning and being in a supportive competitive situation 100x more than the exact yearly $ figure just by judging of what we know publicly about their respective characters.

Easy for me to say but I like to believe at the end of a hypothetical NHL career I would personally prefer say 60 million whilst generally having a competitive career even if never achieving the cup versus 100 million without really ever getting a sniff at a championship.

Reactions: Wondercarrot

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Karlsson was huge blow the team today is so much worse than last year lol

karlsson last year was still coming back from injury and we are by far the worst team in the league now

Both are unacceptable loses imo

and the logic doesnt exist

there was no need to trade karlsson before the season started, its not like san joses offer was too good to be true

karlsson would have added another 8 to 10 points to the team overall at least, we would have had more fans in the seats (which eugene would have loved) and we would have been completely running the trade deadline market if we went with our route of being too cheap to resign anyone

we legitimately traded him out of spite and rushed it. it was idiotic even if you are on the side of believing that karlsson is the biggest asshole of all time or that this is a real rebuild and not about saving money

Reactions: HSF and Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa

That is ****ing bonkers.

Lol, never forget!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad