Rumor: Trade rumours/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
and the logic doesnt exist

there was no need to trade karlsson before the season started, its not like san joses offer was too good to be true

karlsson would have added another 8 to 10 points to the team overall at least, we would have had more fans in the seats (which eugene would have loved) and we would have been completely running the trade deadline market if we went with our route of being too cheap to resign anyone

we legitimately traded him out of spite and rushed it. it was idiotic even if you are on the side of believing that karlsson is the biggest ******* of all time or that this is a real rebuild and not about saving money
Yup good point. Hopefully one day Dorion or Karlsson will give us the low down on what really happened. Melnyk in all likelihood traded Karlsson out of spite or bad blood.

Reactions: billpo

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
we legitimately traded him out of spite and rushed it. it was idiotic even if you are on the side of believing that karlsson is the biggest ******* of all time or that this is a real rebuild and not about saving money
This is exactly what happened. Nevermind all that "he doesn't like to practice" garbage or the "bad in the room" takes, they were all just an attempt at damage control.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Eaves is on waivers. We should pick him up or try to trade Smith or Condon for him

Man, who was the poster I was debating with a few years ago, when I was trying to explain that Eaves' 2016-17 was a complete fluke and he'd never replicate it because he can't stay healthy enough to ever find the consistency to be good over a relevant period of time?

Anyways, I'm honestly surprised Eaves is on waivers to begin with. Last I heard, he's been dealing with a long-term illness with an unknown return date. Maybe this means he has a "clean" bill of health now?

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Man, who was the poster I was debating with a few years ago, when I was trying to explain that Eaves' 2016-17 was a complete fluke and he'd never replicate it because he can't stay healthy enough to ever find the consistency to be good over a relevant period of time?

Anyways, I'm honestly surprised Eaves is on waivers to begin with. Last I heard, he's been dealing with a long-term illness with an unknown return date. Maybe this means he has a "clean" bill of health now?
No clue about the first point but no argument here. I just think it would be nice because he is a good locker room vet, he would invoke nostalgia in the fanbase, he would help us to the floor, and even when he isnt scoring he's been a good 4th line player for a long time

As for his health, he has played 12 games this season and as far as I know is fully healthy. He has 1 pt in 5 games with San Diego and 0 in 7 games with Anaheim. I don't think he would contribute a ton but I think he could be worth grabbing for the above reasons. If we can swap Condon or Smith for him, all the better

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Looking at the exodus of talent leaving Ottawa in the last two years, makes me feel ill:
- Karlsson
- Hoffman
- Brassard
- Methot
- Turris
- Stone
- Duchene
- Dzingel
- Our 1st Round Draft Pick (likely Jack Hughes!)

What the f*** is going on? Smh

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I think we'll try to get Hossa's contract from Chicago.

They'll try to sell it as something more than "cheating the system" to the fans of course :laugh:

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Looking at the exodus of talent leaving Ottawa in the last two years, makes me feel ill:
- Karlsson
- Hoffman
- Brassard
- Methot
- Turris
- Stone
- Duchene
- Dzingel

What the **** is going on? Smh

If you're going to list the talent that has been traded, you have to at least be fair and consider the exciting talent we've added in those trades like Mikael Boedker and Dylan Demelo.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I think we'll try to get Hossa's contract from Chicago.

They'll try to sell it as something more than "cheating the system" to the fans of course :laugh:

I could see us going after Kovalchuk if him and the Kings mutually decide that he will retire again and go back to the KHL.

It's a 35+ contract, so if he retires there is no money owed, but the cap hit sticks for the entirety of the contract. Perfect situation for us.

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
- Karlsson
- Hoffman
- Brassard
- Methot
- Turris
- Stone
- Duchene
- Dzingel

What the **** is going on? Smh

They're trying to sink this bitch

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
I don’t get this fascination with Petan. Actually I do, it’s in the same vein as the Condra obsession. “Oh good advanced stats and hockey sense”....there’s a reason he isn’t playing. If he happens to be a throw in with any deal with make with WPG, cool. That’s all he is. A throw in.

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
I don’t get this fascination with Petan. Actually I do, it’s in the same vein as the Condra obsession. “Oh good advanced stats and hockey sense”....there’s a reason he isn’t playing. If he happens to be a throw in with any deal with make with WPG, cool. That’s all he is. A throw in.

If Winnipeg isn’t willing to part with either of of Vesa, Ros, in the case of Stone and Duchene or Appleton in the case of Dzingel they can kick rocks. God I hate that team and I do even more now with their low ball offers. I have way more faith in Nashville paying the piper.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
What do you think Dzingel goes for?? I would really look at Washington and in a deal similar to the Evander Kane trade.

Bowey+conditional 2020 2nd (if dzingel re-signs, or WSH makes it to the SCF, it turns to a 1st)

Bowey could be a steal, seems like a Jaros comparable. They might not pan out, but if we have 2 of them, at least our chances of 1 panning out as a #4D are doubled.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
If Winnipeg isn’t willing to part with either of of Vesa, Ros, in the case of Stone and Duchene or Appleton in the case of Dzingel they can kick rocks. God I hate that team and I do even more now with their low ball offers. I have way more faith in Nashville paying the piper.

why did u hate Winnipeg before this :P ? just curious

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Well he was also quite the junior player and he’s young

Reactions: Sensators

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
That really is insane.

If we dress these guys in the remaining games, we are literally a gong show. That would be so stupid, so dumb. "Integrity of the game" be damned, there's a point (we reached it long long ago) where the state of the franchise needs to be put above "integrity"
Agree

Gong show status has been reached months ago though

Shows how management care about the state of the franchise and the players themselves

Reactions: topshelf15
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad