Proposal: Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread: Frozen, The Vegas Musical..... Draft 6/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
This is how i would line them up for most desired to least. Alzner is maybe a bit low but i know hes getting Paid so dropped his rank. Not a Tanev fan either.
1. Trouba
2. Faulk
3. Hamonic
4. Dumba
5. Barrie
6. Vatanen
7. Pysyk
8. Alzner
9. Russell
10. Tanev

1. Trouba
2. Dumba
3. Hamonic
4. Barrie
5. Faulk
6. Vatanen
7. Tanev
8. Russell
9. Pysyk
10. Alzner

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Justin Williams and Patrick Sharp would be good gapstops for the next 2-3 years until Pulju and Slepy takes off

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
College free-agent Spencer Foo will decide next week if he wants to sign with hometown Edmonton Oilers

Question for anyone here. What's with this long, drawn out process of this kid deciding where he's going to play? Is there a specific time or day that he needs to decide?

I'm clueless about the process so just thought I'd ask.

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
Question for anyone here. What's with this long, drawn out process of this kid deciding where he's going to play? Is there a specific time or day that he needs to decide?

I believe union college has three semesters and the last one ends sometime in June. He wanted to finish the school year before making his choice.

Plus I think he wants to see how teams thin out after the ED.

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014

I think he is waiting till after the expansion draft just to see where the chips land.

Final 5 teams rumored to be: Edmonton, Vegas, Philly, Calgary, and Detroit.

I don't how high Edmonton will be up there. I think if they had already traded Eberle he would have signed but he might be concerned about JP and Eberle being ahead of him on the depth chart.

Quokka

Oct 17, 2012
Regina, SK

His college doesn't finish its last semester until June. He indicated his plan was always to decide at the end of June. It really only seems long because the Edmonton media started reporting on it once his hockey season was over.

On providing some clarity regarding the timing of how things will play out:

"Our school semester runs through the start of June. Then, I’ll be home within the first couple weeks of June and then I’ll probably start to figure things out before making a decision near the end of June."

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB

He's a UFA, so no real deadline.

Seems as though he has a few teams on the short list already (Philly, Detroit, Edmonton, Calgary, etc.). My guess is they just want to wait until expansion is over to see what all of the teams look like afterwards. Especially Vegas.

Likely trying to balance who can pay him and where he can get lots of ice time.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I think he is waiting till after the expansion draft just to see where the chips land.

I don't how high Edmonton will be up there. I think if they had already traded Eberle he would have signed but he might be concerned about JP and Eberle being ahead of him on the depth chart.

Why would an Edmonton kid choose to play in Calgary?

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
Why would an Edmonton kid choose to play in Calgary?

No RW depth?

He did the same tour there as in Edmonton and they are considered one of the finalists. So I am not sure what you are trying to say. I mean I certainly wouldn't but if it meant a chance at a better career I am sure I would think about it.

OILSLICK94

Mar 9, 2004
London Ontario

I think the fact this is dragging out, means the "hometown" kid doesn't want to face the pressure of playing at home. I bet he is going elsewhere which is a shame.

Rumor on the Main Boards saying its the Red Wings.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I think the fact this is dragging out, means the "hometown" kid doesn't want to face the pressure of playing at home. I bet he is going elsewhere which is a shame.

Why would you sign with the Wings, seriously, where do you think that team is headed.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013

It's not a rumour. The article just says Detroit is one of the teams on his short list.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Except Doan brings exactly nothing to the table.

He is done. Stay away.

Sure, that's a different discussion though.

If we're talking 'players we hate', Doan is not even in the same stratosphere as Kassian was. He was a guy who tried to decapitate an Oiler and then laughed about.

Oiler fans will come around on any player if they can play the sport properly.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
I still have to wonder if he's waiting to see if we move Eberle or not. If his condition on signing with Edmonton revolves around that, it would make the deal that much better.

Eberle + for top 4 dman and Foo

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Sure, that's a different discussion though.

If we're talking 'players we hate', Doan is not even in the same stratosphere as Kassian was. He was a guy who tried to decapitate an Oiler and then laughed about.

Oiler fans will come around on any player if they can play the sport properly.

That's not the issue at all. It's he can't play hockey anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad