Proposal: Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread: Frozen, The Vegas Musical..... Draft 6/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDraekke

5-14-6-1
Jan 19, 2006
Edmonton
Didnt the league come out and say for teams not to announce or leak out any trades until they're official on wed? Maybe I misread that

I think the question people have about your post is this:

The league did indeed say this... what has caused you to ask this question, because nothing has been leaked?

Why

Jan 15, 2014
Edmonton
I think the question people have about your post is this:

The league did indeed say this... what has caused you to ask this question, because nothing has been leaked?

Just the stuff with the islanders apparently having side deals. Or is that OK cause its speculation and nothing official?

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Didnt the league come out and say for teams not to announce or leak out any trades until they're official on wed? Maybe I misread that

There hasn't been any trades. Only rumors. Staple even posted this tweet when talking about Isles potential trade:

And this:

This isn't confirmed in the slightest. Even Staple has no clue what the hell is going on.

McDraekke

5-14-6-1
Jan 19, 2006
Edmonton
Just the stuff with the islanders apparently having side deals. Or is that OK cause its speculation and nothing officialm

Oh well there are rumours for several teams that have deals in place... I think the point is that the NHL didn't want any actual names or assets or any official announcements until they do the big reveal.

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
Chia already said it would be done after McDavid's. Don't expect anything until at least July.

And if he does get offer sheet'd Chia will have some explaining to do.

I understand his thinking of trying to get McDavid to sign for less and then signing Drai, but if he signs an offer sheet that all goes out the window along with any cap management.

North

Jun 25, 2009
There hasn't been any trades. Only rumors. Staple even posted this tweet when talking about Isles potential trade:

And this:

This isn't confirmed in the slightest. Even Staple has no clue what the hell is going on.

But...but Snow tells Staple stuff, even though Snow doesn't leak info, according to previous discussion with some Isles fans.

Cam98

Jun 24, 2009
And if he does get offer sheet'd Chia will have some explaining to do.

I understand his thinking of trying to get McDavid to sign for less and then signing Drai, but if he signs an offer sheet that all goes out the window along with any cap management.

If Draisaitl wants to be in Edmonton and wants a cup, he would know better than to sign an off-sheet that can screw up our cap management.

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
If Draisaitl wants to be in Edmonton and wants a cup, he would know better than to sign an off-sheet that can screw up our cap management.

Yah but you also have short career with potential for career ending injuries. Guys really very very rarely take discounts.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
But...but Snow tells Staple stuff, even though Snow doesn't leak info, according to previous discussion with some Isles fans.

Yeah Staple IMO is the next Eklund. Like wtf? How does he know what Vegas or other teams OUTSIDE of the Isles are discussing? I call BS on ANYTHING he reports.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
So how would we rate the following? Obviously some guys would cost more to acquire:

1. Faulk
2. Barrie
3. Hamonic
4. Vatanen
5. Dumba
6. Tanev
7. Trouba
8. Alzner
9. Pysyk
10. Russell

North

Jun 25, 2009
Yah but you also have short career with potential for career ending injuries. Guys really very very rarely take discounts.

He may not take a discount but he's not going to make a ton more than a guy like Scheifele. In fact that's around where his contract should fall.

North

Jun 25, 2009
So how would we rate the following? Obviously some guys would cost more to acquire:

1. Faulk
2. Barrie
3. Hamonic
4. Vatanen
5. Dumba
6. Tanev
7. Trouba
8. Alzner
9. Pysyk
10. Russell

It really depends on what you want them for. Defensive ability or offensive ability.

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
He may not take a discount but he's not going to make a ton more than a guy like Scheifele. In fact that's around where his contract should fall.

Sure unless someone blows his socks off with an offersheet.

Look I am not saying that he will or is going to sign one, but I just feel Chia could back himself into a corner by refusing to get him signed when he is still not eligible for an offer sheet.

Cam98

Jun 24, 2009
Sure unless someone blows his socks off with an offersheet.

Look I am not saying that he will or is going to sign one, but I just feel Chia could back himself into a corner by refusing to get him signed when he is still not eligible for an offer sheet.

if Chia would think Draisaitl would get an offer sheet or that Draisaitl would sign one, he would get a deal done before July 1.

There is nothing to worry about, Draisaitl will likely sign around 6.5-7m for 5-6 years.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North

1. Faulk
2. Barrie
3. Hamonic
4. Vatanen
5. Dumba
6. Tanev
7. Trouba
8. Alzner
9. Pysyk
10. Russell

If I was Edmonton, I'd take Barrie and try to trade with Vegas for Manson, De Haan or someone else. Even if it's just Barrie, that's a win. I think we need Barrie as he would be our upgrade on Russell and can get us more points 5 on 5. Could you imagine how many more points he'd get feeding McDavid up the puck? I mean McDavid's primary points are 5 on 5 with his blazing speed.

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Barrie
Reinhart-Benning

When Sekera returns:

Klefbom-Larsson
Sekera-Barrie
Nurse-Benning

That IMO is a Top 10 defense.

jeg

Jun 16, 2015

1. Faulk
2. Barrie
3. Hamonic
4. Vatanen
5. Dumba
6. Tanev
7. Trouba
8. Alzner
9. Pysyk
10. Russell

This is how i would line them up for most desired to least. Alzner is maybe a bit low but i know hes getting Paid so dropped his rank. Not a Tanev fan either.
1. Trouba
2. Faulk
3. Hamonic
4. Dumba
5. Barrie
6. Vatanen
7. Pysyk
8. Alzner
9. Russell
10. Tanev

Status
Not open for further replies.