Proposal: Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread: Frozen, The Vegas Musical..... Draft 6/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Not really, he was still pretty useless, he just fought a couple times. He retired in January, let him make it official.

I thought he was much better down the stretch than during most of the rest of the year. Several game winning goals, he made a difference on the powerplay, he provides leadership, and he's not afraid to do what needs to be done for his team.

It could be argued he's done I guess, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him put up a solid 40 point season where he also adds a bunch of intangibles.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I thought he was much better down the stretch than during most of the rest of the year. Several game winning goals, he made a difference on the powerplay, he provides leadership, and he's not afraid to do what needs to be done for his team.

It could be argued he's done I guess, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him put up a solid 40 point season where he also adds a bunch of intangibles.

I know I like the leadership of guy who always chased dollars then quit last year because Colorado was bad. Quality Leadership there.

He's done, Let him make it official. Jagr would be great, Iginla and Doan, no LOOK Forward, not backward.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
I know I like the leadership of guy who always chased dollars then quit last year because Colorado was bad. Quality Leadership there.

He's done, Let him make it official. Jagr would be great, Iginla and Doan, no LOOK Forward, not backward.

LOL ok. Differing views. No problem.

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
I love how just about every player brought up in this thread gets labelled as useless, done, dreadful, awful by at least somebody. :laugh:

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
I love how just about every player brought up in this thread gets labelled as useless, done, dreadful, awful by at least somebody. :laugh:

Yeah, I mean they all might be crap, but chances are at least one of them will have an okay year somewhere in the future. But it's a Tuesday morning during the offseason - what else do us future GMs have to discuss in the wide world of internet hockey!?

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Bear and 1st for Kovalchuk
Eberle for Barrie
Sign Russell/Alzner
Sign Bonino

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
So how would we rate the following? Obviously some guys would cost more to acquire:

1. Faulk
2. Barrie
3. Hamonic
4. Vatanen
5. Dumba
6. Tanev
7. Trouba
8. Alzner
9. Pysyk
10. Russell

1. Trouba- Still don't think he wants to play in Canada, but a quality young defender who brings a lot to the table.
  2. Faulk- I want to put him at 1, he looks the part of a #1 d-man when you watch him, but he just isn't effectively limiting high quality scoring chances and that's important.
  3. Tanev- Simply one of the best defensive d-men in the NHL, underappreciated cause he brings so little offense and isn't very physical, but still highly effective at what he does best.
  4. Barrie- Few d-men contribute as much offense at even strength as him.
  5. Hamonic- A truly terrible season for him, but based on past seasons has shown to be a quality physical defensive d-man. Enough track record to gamble on the bounce back.
  6. Alzner- Brings many of the same things to the table that Russell does, but I think he is better defensively by a good margin, offensively inept though.
  7. Dumba- I don't like d-men with low hockey IQ, but he is young and toolsy. The potential for growth is here and his big point shot will help you while you wait for it.
  8. Pysyk- He's young and analytics like him, he's trending in the right direction, I also like how calm he seems moving the puck.
  9. Vatanen- He brings offense to the table, but it dried up on the 1st year of a new deal and doesn't have the track record of a Hamonic to be as confident in a bounce back season. Defensively he seems underwhelming if the offense isn't there he's a #5 d-man.
  10. Russell- The numbers despise him, but he finds a way to be effective. I think of him as a great teammate and high quality 4/5 tweener d-man, who is a premiere shot blocker.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
I don't see how eberle doesn't end up in Vegas for a dman. Especially with Vegas confirming they'll have too many d men and will need forwards.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Maybe Hamonic had a poor 2016-17 season because of the off-ice issues that caused him to request a trade in the first place persisted as a distraction all season?

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
vegas is going to draft a number of dmen tomorrow. They will be forced to make trades or lose them to waivers in the fall. They are actively shopping for waivers exempt players. There are almost no decent waiver exempt players available to them in the ED

We are lucky enough to have 3 pretty decent defence prospects who are waiver exempt this fall - Bear, Jones and Mantha. IMO, any of those 3 would have significant value to LV, probably more than another late first round pick this year as you cannot have too many guys in the system at the exact same stage of progression.

This may be our ticket to a 2nd pairing RHD

Deplorable Lenny

Mar 2, 2017
British Columbia
I'd take a chance with Iginla if we're looking for a veteran. He was good for LA. He was awful on the Avs, but on a team as bad as that you can't really judge fairly.

He did score at just under a 40 point clip if he averaged that out for a full season with LA.

Plus he hit and fought. He seemed really hungry to chase the cup.

Surely wouldn't be a bad 12th or 13th forward with some leadership.

I would take him for less than 1M.

Even if he didn't play well and he sat in the press box until he retired. Seeing him in a Oilers jersey would make flames fans go nuts. That in itself would almost be worth it. :laugh:

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
If the Oilers could get their hands on Manson and Staal, I'm not opposed to the Ebs for Barrie swap. Then add Williams and Sharp. We should be set. Any other pieces we can add at the deadline

RuneMcEres

Seasons in the Abyss
Oct 24, 2006
Bergen, Norway
I'd take a chance with Iginla if we're looking for a veteran. He was good for LA. He was awful on the Avs, but on a team as bad as that you can't really judge fairly.
I'd say he was LA's best player down the stretch, actually. Iginla to the Oilers would be very cool. Gives us another hardass in playoffs also.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Man, I can't wait for tomorrow. Mainly to hear how much the Isles had to give away to protect their players and get bent over on a Duchene trade. I feel Vegas might have called about Eberle and told Chia to hold onto him because they knew they'd have too many dmen and knew the Oilers could use one. That's my guess in this.

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.

i think it's because people are doing the "we'll settle for this guy because we can't afford anything else" thing again and are singling out the very old guys they figure nobody else wants. we can do better guys!! with Ebs traded at either full price or at a discount, there would be some good cash left over for a guy like Williams. granted he'll be 36 when the season starts so signing him to a 3 year deal is risky if the wheels suddenly fall off but this guy continues to get the job done during the regular season as well as the playoffs and with apologies to Eberle fans, he's the kind of productive playoff experienced pro we need in order to make a serious cup run.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I don't see how eberle doesn't end up in Vegas for a dman. Especially with Vegas confirming they'll have too many d men and will need forwards.

A lot of good RW's available, not to many centers. Id be very surprised if RNH isn't moved despite all the news coming out about Eb's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad