Trade Rumours and Proposals: Part XXXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
This is the quietest rumour-filled trade deadline I have ever witnessed. Usually there are some rumors flying and sparking a full week before and keep on flying with 5-6 names.

The deadlines usually aren't as hyped as the rumors but if the rumors of this deadline are any indication, we might as well skip April 3rd.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Buffalo too, I'd say.

True, but a lot of their players aren't rentals. I could see them moving the likes of Vanek, Miller and Pomminville in the offseason or at the draft.

Certainly interesting that Zack Kassian was sent down to the minors. I doubt they move him but if they're looking for an upgrade on Ebbett we could offer up Da Costa and another prospect they'd be interested in.

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
True, but a lot of their players aren't rentals. I could see them moving the likes of Vanek, Miller and Pomminville in the offseason or at the draft.

Certainly interesting that Zack Kassian was sent down to the minors. I doubt they move him but if they're looking for an upgrade on Ebbett we could offer up Da Costa and another prospect they'd be interested in.

Since when were the Vancouver Canucks in the AHL? Or are we not talking about Buffalo anymore. CONFUSED.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012

Good point. I was thinking mostly of the Senators' needs more than the general deadline trade talk, but it's true we won't likely make noise until the draft. I'm still wondering what it would take to get Drew Stafford, but likely whatever the cost, it's too high for Murray's blood.

And I'd like (the other) Kassian very much. :nod:

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
As I just said in the post you quoted, he was sent down.

Yes, but you went from discussing a trade with Buffalo to randomly mentioning Kassian who no longer plays for them. I guess your transition to discussing Vancouver's (A non-seller) players was lost on me.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Yes, but you went from discussing a trade with Buffalo to randomly mentioning Kassian who no longer plays for them. I guess your transition to discussing Vancouver's (A non-seller) players was lost on me.

It was just a general thought. I don't like to make multiple posts if I don't have to.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
I like turtles

I'm imagining Rundlbad coming back to Ottawa. Gets into the locker room, says hi to everyone, then turns to Turris. "So... number 7, huh? Yeah, that's a nice number... jerk."

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Im really hoping we can somehow pick up Camalleri

Bishop + for Cammy

Da Costa + Greening for Kassian

Cammaleri-Spezza-Kassian
Michalek-Turris-Alfredsson
Latendresse-Zibanejad-Silfverberg
Condra-Smith-Neil
X:O'Brien, M Kassian

Methot-Karlsson
Cowen-Gonchar
Phillips-Wiercioch
X:Benoit, Bingo guys

Anderson
Lehner

I don't see too many holes on that club.

burf

Mar 27, 2012
Bishop + for Cammy

Da Costa + Greening for Kassian

Cammaleri-Spezza-Kassian
Michalek-Turris-Alfredsson
Latendresse-Zibanejad-Silfverberg
Condra-Smith-Neil
X:O'Brien, M Kassian

Methot-Karlsson
Cowen-Gonchar
Phillips-Wiercioch
X:Benoit, Bingo guys

Anderson
Lehner

I don't see too many holes on that club.

At this point in their careers, Kassian really doesn't bring anything more than Greening does. Might be different in the future, but right now he can't even hold down a spot on a team that's dressing a defenceman (Keith Ballard) as a 3rd line forward due to their lack of forward depth.

I'd rather stick Greening on Spezza's wing, where he proved himself more than capable the last 2 years, and keep Da Costa, than trade them both for an incredibly overrated prospect.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I like turtles

I'm imagining Rundlbad coming back to Ottawa. Gets into the locker room, says hi to everyone, then turns to Turris. "So... number 7, huh? Yeah, that's a nice number... jerk."

rund_zpsd19500c0.png

Will be fine

HockeySens

Feb 22, 2013
I like turtles

lol reminds me of dupuis and malkin vid

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Saw on Sun Twitter a rumor of Bishop for Glencross. Don't like it but Murray obviously has a connection with Glencross.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Could be worse

Definately and the bonus is that Glencross is signed for I think 2 more years to a relatively cap friendly price.

Bishop's value I think is going be higher around the draft or free agency when teams know who they have on their roster.

Flames are unlikely to add a pick but maybe they add in a 2nd and we move a 3rd.

Bishop + 3rd for Glencross + 2nd?

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Definately and the bonus is that Glencross is signed for I think 2 more years to a relatively cap friendly price.

Bishop's value I think is going be higher around the draft or free agency when teams know who they have on their roster.

Flames are unlikely to add a pick but maybe they add in a 2nd and we move a 3rd.

Bishop + 3rd for Glencross + 2nd?

I doubt we will get more out of them then just Glencross.

He is signed at $2,550,000 for 2 seasons after this.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
i proposed the flames fans here a package of bishop, our 2nd next year, regin, condra, and da costa for cammalleri and glencross. they said that package wouldn't net glencross alone.

anyway, bishop for glencross? i'd do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad