WC: WC: 2024 Team Sweden Roster Talk

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
So much bad on defense. Pettersson and Heed get a 2/5 the rest 1/5. Don’t get me wrong it’s incredibly well organized so the Czechs aren’t creating a lot but still the individual performances are so-so.

Last edited:

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
What does Hallam see in Berglund? The guy is barely a SHLer

I think he and Sellgren were in it to fill out the roster on a well designed defense pairing. But with no chance to make it to the WC. Today Hallam probably thought a NHL:er would play to the right but not. Enter Sellgren.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Two not so impressive performance, but two wins. At that is not nothing.

Hallams teams have struggled to score, I hope all the talents that is being added can rectify that. But it feels like Hallams system is sacrificing a lot of offence for a tight defence.

I think Holtz is at risk of being cut, he hasn't been particularly visiable and considering he is and offensive winger and Raymond and Kempe are coming in, I don't like his chance

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Now I understand Hallam...I think.

Johansson - Eriksson Ek - Raymond
Burakovsky - Nylander?- Kempe
Zetterlund - Lundeström - Nyquist?
Nygård - Johansson - Friberg
Olofsson - Sörensen
Zibanejad/Pettersson?

Hedman - Karlsson
Brodin - Dahlin
Nemeth - Pettersson
Ekholm/Forsling/Lindholm - Heed/Bengtsson

Gus/Wally/Ersson

Last edited:

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Now I understand Hallam...I think.

Johansson - Eriksson Ek - Raymond
Burakovsky - Zibanejad/Nylander/Pettersson - Kempe
Zetterlund - Lundeström - Nyquist?
Olofsson - Sörensen

Hedman - Karlsson
Brodin - Dahlin
Nemeth - Pettersson
Ekholm/Forsling/Lindholm - Heed/Bengtsson

Gus/Wally/Ersson
Oh God seing Johansson in the top 6 hurts my eyes. Likely excellent in the bottom six since he supposedly still has his wheels.

Playmaker82

May 2, 2023
Norway
With Arvidsson:

Arvidsson - Eriksson Ek - Raymond
Burakovsky - M.Johansson - Kempe
Zetterlund - Lundeström - Holtz
Nygård - L.Johansson - Friberg

Without Arvidsson:

Burakovsky - Eriksson Ek - Raymond
Olofsson - M.Johansson - Kempe
Zetterlund - Lundeström - Holtz
Nygård - L.Johansson - Friberg

Only "weakpoint" is C.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Oh God seing Johansson in the top 6 hurts my eyes. Likely excellent in the bottom six since he supposedly still has his wheels.
I am interested to see how Hallams used MoJo. He has mainly played wing the latest seasons, but considering the strength of our wingers and weakness at C, I can see him playing C: JEE - MoJo - Lundeström - Johansson

Reactions: EK47

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
I am interested to see how Hallams used MoJo. He has mainly played wing the latest seasons, but considering the strength of our wingers and weakness at C, I can see him playing C: JEE - MoJo - Lundeström - Johansson
It’s actually not impossible having a fast center isn’t dumb. But I still don’t know how that line is gonna work if your center is incapable of distributing the puck properly like I’ve seen wild fans claim Johansson is nowadays.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Marcus Johansson was injured throughout the season, and was pretty terrible for 3/4 of the year. I will say, at the very end of the season, he had two good games in a row to finish out, where he looked fast and confident with the puck like last year. So maybe there is hope, and rest can also only have helped him. But yeah, I wouldn't want to rely on him in the top 6 for an actual best on best at any point in his career.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden

RV to rehab instead, understandable. Also a UFA, so...

EK47

Feb 7, 2013

Yeah. He only played fifteen games and came back like a month ago. He’s probably sore as all hell. Still hoping for Nyquist, had a brilliant season has a ton of experience and they could use his playmaking skills.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006

Probably end up in the bottom six. Depending on result and how fast reinforcements in top 6 arrives. But him, Eriksson Ek and Boldy had some chemistry early in the season on the Wild. Undrar om Sam sett likhet mellan Raymond och Boldy.

Last edited:

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006

But with 270 miljoner SEK intjänade innan skatt. That is 135 miljoner efter skatt och med uppgången på Nasdaq minus levnadsomkostnader säkert minst 200 millar. Could hire best rehab coach in the world.

Wi can bara börja dreama where man åker på semester då (then).

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Hopefully Nylander comes now if he's healthy enough.

Already news in Finland: - "Kalle-vi Nyyy-landeri hoppa målis på ny-a platsen". Frågetecken. Men bananerna är redo!

Right now Sam can't get all of Nylander, Nyquist and Mika or Elias P later. That would mean:

Burakovsky - Pettersson - Nylander (bra kedja, där!)
Kempe - Eriksson Ek - Raymond
Zetterlund - Lundeström - Nyquist
Sörensen - Johansson - Olofsson

Or will it be seven defensemen? Which means that Ekholm, Hampus Lindholm or Forsling will never come. I know, calm just calm. Industrialized countries problems.

Blir det fjärdekedjan som bryts eller Sörensen, europas (Ryssland är Asien nu) bästa forward som får gå?

Last edited:

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Fus looks even better at center and he’s never even been listed as a center.

Bad goaltending there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad