Proposal: Trade Rumours and Proposals: Part XXXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Where are all the other teams getting these good players when prospect dont become anything? Magic? Probably hax.

arglebargle

Feb 27, 2008
Zibby is a reliable 2 way player but he's offensively challenged doesnt engage seems too hold back ..

He's also holding his own in the NHL at 19. I agree that he was disappointing before the NHL season but he's been pretty impressive so far.

CarknerCountry

Jun 20, 2010
I'm still waiting for Karlsson and Cowen to have an impact on our lineup. I dunno if there's any hope for Turris.

Of course they do all three would be untouchable to me...But again Zibby,Silf,Ceci,Lehner,Noesen,Puemple,Bishop,Wier, our First if we traded two it would not set us back as much as you might think...Look at the Runblad deal to some on here he had better tools then Karlsson dont make me look it up and post it here...Again im not saying trade Zibby for a 30+ player or our first...But someone who will be with the rebuild and is proven...

wilfred

Jan 13, 2010
New Bunswick
The funny part of this argument is both sides are saying the same thing. Nobody is saying trade all our depth for 1 player or keep all our prospects and never make a trade.

If the right deal comes along that makes the team better going forward then make the deal.

CarknerCountry

Jun 20, 2010
The funny part of this argument is both sides are saying the same thing. Nobody is saying trade all our depth for 1 player or keep all our prospects and never make a trade.

If the right deal comes along that makes the team better going forward then make the deal.

this

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Of course they do all three would be untouchable to me...But again Zibby,Silf,Ceci,Lehner,Noesen,Puemple,Bishop,Wier, our First if we traded two it would not set us back as much as you might think...Look at the Runblad deal to some on here he had better tools then Karlsson dont make me look it up and post it here...Again im not saying trade Zibby for a 30+ player or our first...But someone who will be with the rebuild and is proven...

I don't know that anyone really disagrees with this (or what youve been saying) in anything other than timing.
IMO right now would absolutely appalling timing.
As early as this summer though is a different matter.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
ROR,perry or a yandle are patches ok lol

Without injuries would ROR or Yandle really be discussed?

Perry is not a patch but acquiring him beyond risky. More than likely we will be throwing away prospects/picks for a round 1 loss or less.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa

O'Rielly is injured when we'd need him immediately, Perry is a free agent. Yandle is another LH defenseman... What exactly is it that you want to add to the team? A goal scoring RW, a selke calibre center or a slick puck moving D? What is your vision of the team? How can we ensure we make the playoffs without our offensive leader and not mortgage the future? You seem to be lacking perspective and direction.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

ROR certainly isn't a patch. Guy is legit, and I certainly wouldn't mind seeing a "Spez-Turris-ROR" depth down the middle. With Spezza's back problems, it sure would be nice to have ROR serve as our "Penguins-era Jordan Staal" 3rd line C who is talented enough to be a legit #2 guy. I mean, we play our 3rd line as much as we do our 2nd anyways. We roll our lines evenly enough that ROR wouldn;t get lost on the 3rd line (or 2B line, as it usually ends up being).

Perry might be, depending on his contract status (whether he's hell-bent on testing the market or not).

Yandle is certainly not a "Patch", but I don't think he'd be an ideal fit here. I love the guy, but if I'm spending $5.25mil/year for 3 years after this one, I'd rather get a more complete guy. Don;t get me wrong, I'd take Yandle if we could get him at below-market value, but if I'm paying full-price, I'm probably targeting someone else.

CarknerCountry

Jun 20, 2010
Without injuries would ROR or Yandle really be discussed?

Perry is not a patch but acquiring him beyond risky. More than likely we will be throwing away prospects/picks for a round 1 loss or less.

Sad part is even without the injuries..Murray stressed we needed another top four d-man and top 6 forward....It will be the same thing next year...Hey im for going with the rebuild if thats the true case..Then why did people take my head off when i said we should deal Anderson? His value is high and would bring back a good player and pick.

Philoops

I am Potato
Jul 19, 2011
Canada
I agree... I think Andy is the one to be traded... At the end of the season, resign bishop and trade Anderson for a great return.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
I'd just like to point out how nostalgic it is seeing CarknerCountry and Wilfred posting on the same page! That's awesome!!!

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
1. So let me get this straight.... Now that Anderson has solved our endless goaltending issues we should trade him for skaters because he's worth a ton? Here's something to consider; he's worth more to us than any team we'd trade him to.

2. As for trading some of the young prospects who have yet to play in the NHL, or turn 20, I think the most prudent course of action is to evaluate them and keep the best one's for ourselves. No one is going to give us a star for our unproven talent, even two or three of them together, so again, they are worth more to us than anyone else at this point. I for one would be annoyed to trade Noesen or Puempel before giving them a shot, only to watch them blossom elsewhere.

3. The great myth that UFA's don't like us is a great myth... ;) The reason why we don't get the top guys is that we don't offer them as much cash as the insane teams dealing cap circumventing, signing bonus ladden contracts. Our organization has an excellent reputation league-wide, if Melnyk gives the OK and Murray competes dollar for dollar with other suitors we will be able to sign top names.

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011
He's also holding his own in the NHL at 19. I agree that he was disappointing before the NHL season but he's been pretty impressive so far.

Never said he wasnt playing good I said he holds back he needs too become more offensive ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad