Proposal: Trade Rumours and Proposals: Part XXXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
so adding to the list of guys there's no way in hell we're getting(why? because management does not want these types of personalities/failures around),

Subban
MPS
Rundblad
Ovechkin

keep em coming

KAPOW

has no rispeck
Nov 12, 2008
at home
so adding to the list of guys there's no way in hell we're getting(why? because management does not want these types of personalities/failures around),

Subban
MPS
Rundblad
Ovechkin

keep em coming

i wouldn't call rundblad a "personality" or "failure". he just wasn't ready defensively and opened a window for us to get a more important piece.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Mandy

That speaks more to Karlsson's ability than Methot/Kuba's. Methot was bad in CBJ and looks good next to Karlsson. Theoretically, a guy like Bryan Allen would have looked nice as well. Could have signed him in free agency.

Methot is not an upgrade to last year's Kuba. Kuba was better offensively, played the PP and could actually shoot the puck.

If EK's job is easier, why has he looked worse?

Kuba brought a calming presence back there, and his higher skill level contributed to the massive amount of offense Karlsson put up.

soo......if methot ends up with as many points as Kuba had last year can we never talk about this again given Methot is far better at every other aspect of the game of hockey than Kuba?
boy i sure hope methot can replace the 3,3,2 and 6 goals Kuba scored with his 'higher' skill level.

Karlsson has looked worse? and its related to methot?? now that's fascinating given they are both on pace for more points than their last year counterparts EK and Kuba.
karlsson has bobbled some pucks early on but im pretty sure its not methot holding his stick.
methots far more aggressive style of play is much better suited for our team and for being EK's partner. he's much better skater than Kuba (or Bryan allen for that matter)

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Rundblad is apparently being mistreated in Phoenix (some of the Phoenix faithful are saying). He supposedly played very well in his one NHL game this season, and has been progressing well in the AHL but they demoted him anyway (which he was pretty unhappy about apparently).

If Smith is out long term wouldn't mind trying to angle for Rundblad back. :)

Also anyone advocating for Ovechkin? God no. Just no. Please no. Would literally take any player in the league over Ovechkin on our team.

Wondercarrot

Jul 2, 2002
What would you guys pay for a return of Runblad?
and i agree, i used to love watching OV but i dont think i want him on the team....regardless of what we give up, i dont even really care about his salary.
im just not sure i want him on the team. I mean it seems crazy but it just feels like he'd suck all the air out of the room, the media would be a circus and all the focus would be on him - team success or failure would constantly end up being a discussion rightly or wrongly about ovechkin etc....

Then i sit here and think - surely if he came here he would dominate. the team is very cohesive, they all work hard, and the style of play seems to suit him etcetc...

Last edited:

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
and i agree, i used to love watching OV but i dont think i want him on the team....regardless of what we give up, i dont even really care about his salary.
im just not sure i want him on the team. I mean it seems crazy but it

Gonchar and Bishop

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
im just not sure i want him on the team. I mean it seems crazy but it just feels like he'd suck all the air out of the room, the media would be a circus and all the focus would be on him - team success or failure would constantly end up being a discussion rightly or wrongly about ovechkin etc....

Then i sit here and think - surely if he came here he would dominate. the team is very cohesive, they all work hard, and the style of play seems to suit him etcetc...

I would trade anderson for rubdblad and spezza, alfie for ovechkin.
Get er done, stanley cup here we come.

Wondercarrot

Jul 2, 2002
I would trade anderson for rubdblad and spezza, alfie for ovechkin.
Get er done, stanley cup here we come.

that's a joke right? i mean im sure it is but there's something about it that makes me think you might be serious.
surely you wouldnt seriously consider either of those trades....

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Bishop + for Rundblad would be awesome.

Doubt they'd move him. He's very good offensively it would be in thier best interest to move a very good defensive prospect for Bishop + a good offensive prospect.

Same difference but I don't see Ottawa going for Rundblad.

arglebargle

Feb 27, 2008
Also anyone advocating for Ovechkin? God no. Just no. Please no. Would literally take any player in the league over Ovechkin on our team.

His contract is really awful. 8 more years at a cap hit of ~$9.5 million. It's hard to make a case that even the best player in the league is worth that much, and Ovy has been getting steadily worse over the last few years.

If I were the caps I'd be considering using the amnesty buyout on him if he continues to struggle this year.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I am the one that brought Ovy. I wasn't suggesting we trade for him. I was asking with the way he is playing right now and the way he played before would you take a chance on him? Everyone just needs to breathe.

arglebargle

Feb 27, 2008
I am the one that brought Ovy. I wasn't suggesting we trade for him. I was asking with the way he is playing right now and the way he played before would you take a chance on him? Everyone just needs to breathe.

I would if I could get him on a favorable contract, but with the new cap numbers his current contract is inhibiting even if he plays like he did 4 years ago.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Brian Lee played 15:13 & 13:25 in his two games in Tampa and is a -1 and took 4 penalties, he is already been a healthy scratch - anybody who misses him now is in denial.

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
Brian Lee played 15:13 & 13:25 in his two games in Tampa and is a -1 and took 4 penalties, he is already been a healthy scratch - anybody who misses him now is in denial.

If he is in the line-up tonight he will probably play like an All-Star. Bomb from the point beating Bishop on the first PK. Book it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->