Proposal: Trade Rumours and Proposals: Part XXXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011
1. So let me get this straight.... Now that Anderson has solved our endless goaltending issues we should trade him for skaters because he's worth a ton? Here's something to consider; he's worth more to us than any team we'd trade him to.

2. As for trading some of the young prospects who have yet to play in the NHL, or turn 20, I think the most prudent course of action is to evaluate them and keep the best one's for ourselves. No one is going to give us a star for our unproven talent, even two or three of them together, so again, they are worth more to us than anyone else at this point. I for one would be annoyed to trade Noesen or Puempel before giving them a shot, only to watch them blossom elsewhere.

3. The great myth that UFA's don't like us is a great myth... ;) The reason why we don't get the top guys is that we don't offer them as much cash as the insane teams dealing cap circumventing, signing bonus ladden contracts. Our organization has an excellent reputation league-wide, if Melnyk gives the OK and Murray competes dollar for dollar with other suitors we will be able to sign top names.

2) ...Turris for Rundblad

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Turris was pretty close to a disgruntled bust in Phoenix.

That was an excellent example of a blue chip prospect for a reclamation project. Not exactly a prospect for a star, though one day Turris may be a star.

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011
Turris was pretty close to a disgruntled bust in Phoenix.

That was an excellent example of a blue chip prospect for a reclamation project. Not exactly a prospect for a star, though one day Turris may be a star.

Turris was far from a bust ..he was mismanaged and badly rushed

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Turris was far from a bust ..he was mismanaged and badly rushed

More like he was rushed and badly mismanaged. ;)

I love his play and liked the trade at the time, but any way you slice it, he was looking like a bust for a 3rd over all pick, and his stock was extremely low given his performance, and his seemingly poor attitude. It was a shrewd move/gamble by Murray.

Looking at him today, Phoenix does not make that trade, or certainly some other team offers a much better package as he's looking like he may close in on his potential.

At the time however, we traded one of the best young players not in the NHL, and a second round pick, for a struggling young player who we hoped would get back on track with a change of scenery.

All in all, not at all a good example of trading our unproven prospects for other teams' star players, but indeed a good example of possible future trades that I would be in favour of, provided they were backed by the Murray's and not just HF posters ;)

Legend Killer

Nov 15, 2007
Really cause I think the talent is there he just needed the right situation..

I think he can get there. Maybe not a star but an above average 2nd line C if he plays behind Spezza and has solid linemates, like an Alfie.

Its taken him sometime to get to where he is now but I dont think you can call a guy who has never scored 30 points a star, yet.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Talent or not, if you put Turris up next to all the 3rd overall picks since 2000, you could probably group him amongst the busts.

2012 Alex Galchenyuk C
2011 Jonathan Huberdeau
2010 Erik Gudbranson
2009 Matt Duchene
2008 Zach Bogosian
2007 Kyle Turris C
2006 Jonathan Toews
2005 Jack Johnson
2004 Cam Barker D
2003 Nathan Horton
2002 Jay Bouwmeester
2001 Alexandr Svitov
2000 Marian Gaborik

Only players I wouldn't take over Turris: Svitov, Barker

Players I'd say I'd be hesitant to trade Turris for based on team needs: Bouwmeester, Horton

Players for who the jury is still out: Gudbranson, Galchenyuk, Huberdeau.

When you put him in that light, you could say Turris is a bust, especially considering the talent in his draft year + expectations the world had of him.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Smith is pretty much an ideal bottom six player on a cup contender.

Smith, Condra, O'Brien are all perfect bottom 6ers on a cup contender. What are you smoking? Not everyone can score 20 goals. There is a thing called penalty killing. It's pretty important.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Yeah, I guess I was thinking of 03 while talking about 07.

And Johnson is a top pairing Dman, regardless of what team he plays for. He's achieved more and shown more ability to reach his potential in his career than Turris has.

Same goes with Bouwmie. He's hit a bit of a rut in Calgary but he showed his abilities in Florida. We're still waiting for Turris to really solidify his ability as a 2nd line centre, let alone 1st line.

Meanwhile Gudbranson is still a prospect. He's 3 years younger than Turris and is just starting to come into form.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Yeah, I guess I was thinking of 03 while talking about 07.

And Johnson is a top pairing Dman, regardless of what team he plays for. He's achieved more and shown more ability to reach his potential in his career than Turris has.

Same goes with Bouwmie. He's hit a bit of a rut in Calgary but he showed his abilities in Florida. We're still waiting for Turris to really solidify his ability as a 2nd line centre, let alone 1st line.

Meanwhile Gudbranson is still a prospect. He's 3 years younger than Turris and is just starting to come into form.

LA fans were more happy that Johnson was gone than they got Carter. Hes absolute garbage defensively.

For Bouwmeester it depends on which one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad