Proposal: Trade Rumours and Proposals: Part XXXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
What does Da Costa bring that nobody else on the roster or prospect pool does?

We don't have a single prospect that brings something that nobody else on the roster or prospect pool does other than maybe Zibanejad... and Lehner if you count goalie fights.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
BOGO is the defenseman that would be a great fit here ,now we just need to convince wpg that he isnt really a fit there :naughty:

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
You don't know who DaCosta is do you. Im not saying he's amazing but you're underrating him. Our best player in Binhamton. 2nd line center potential and is not far from it.

EDIT: Never seen Bennys post. We on da same boat g.

I'm not complaining about Da Costa, I love the guy. However, if he's the biggest piece in a trade for Yandle, then I don't see them pulling the trigger.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
thats not what im saying. I just meant hes not the only one with great vision, as he asked wat does he bring that no one else does.

Yes, to get a roster spot you need to either be better than someone else in your position/role, or bring something to the team that no one, or only 1 or 2 players bring. Da Costa doesn't have that quality in my opinion. He has been one of my favourite on Bingo, but it would be better for everyone if we traded him for assets we could use and he got to play for an NHL team that could use him

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
thats not what im saying. I just meant hes not the only one with great vision, as he asked wat does he bring that no one else does.

Sure, but you could say that about any of our prospects or players vs any other team's prospects or players. One guy or another brings something to the roster.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Yes, to get a roster spot you need to either be better than someone else in your position/role, or bring something to the team that no one, or only 1 or 2 players bring. Da Costa doesn't have that quality in my opinion. He has been one of my favourite on Bingo, but it would be better for everyone if we traded him for assets we could use and he got to play for an NHL team that could use him

Best we keep him around in case of the extremely likely scenario that Spezza gets injured. If he comes up and plays well in the #2 spot, his value skyrockets.

Its also a pretty wild assumption to think he can't play the wing.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Best we keep him around in case of the extremely likely scenario that Spezza gets injured. If he comes up and plays well in the #2 spot, his value skyrockets.

Its also a pretty wild assumption to think he can't play the wing.

I never said he couldn't play the wing, however is he ahead of Zib, Stone, Michalek, Silf, Latendresse, or even a guy like Greening who demonstrated last year he can play top 6 is needed? He might be ahead of Zib and Stone, but for how long? They are 19 and 20 while Da Costa is 23. And how far off are natural wingers Noesen and Puempel?

dan1el

Oct 16, 2011
BOGO is the defenseman that would be a great fit here ,now we just need to convince wpg that he isnt really a fit there :naughty:

I agree completely, we don't have any moveable pieces that would bring him back though.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Unbelievable puck-control and play-making ability. Outside of Spezza, no one can touch him in those 2 attributes.

Fair enough (at least for puck control, I think you are underrating Silf's potential as a playmaker), but is it worth giving up the assets that the player who gets knocked off he roster brings? I don't see him replacing anyone in the top 6 now, and we have some other potential top 6ers in the prospect pool, so I say no

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I never said he couldn't play the wing, however is he ahead of Zib, Stone, Michalek, Silf, Latendresse, or even a guy like Greening who demonstrated last year he can play top 6 is needed? He might be ahead of Zib and Stone, but for how long? They are 19 and 20 while Da Costa is 23. And how far off are natural wingers Noesen and Puempel?

Sorry for putting words in your mouth, but that was a logical conclusion to draw form the previous post.

Right now Da Costa is definitely outplaying Zibanejad and Stone. I don't think anyone can really argue that. He's dominating the A right meow. The others are playing well but not close to the same level. Now they do have NHL frames which will play into management's decisions, so I won't pretend like that's not an issue, but IMO Stone's skating is as much of an issue as Da Costa's size (neither big problems with their elite HIQ).

As far Greening is concerned, his 37 points on our top line with a top 5 NHL scorer is proof enough for me that he should NOT be near our top 6. I know that's not a popular opinion as there are still pie eyed optimists that see him as a future top 6 power forward, but I don't even think the guy should be on the 3rd line. Terrible hands and he's soft as a baby's arse.

Puempel is pretty far off.

Latendresse hasn't done anything to suggest he's a long term top 6 option, though I'm hopeful.

Michalek only has one year on his contract after this one :(

Noesen is guy I'm really hopeful for but he'll excel in a bottom 6 role to begin his career and realistically he'll need at least a year in the A.

Da Costa is not yet a luxury we can't afford.

EDIT: Oh yes. Silfverberg! There's a pretty large hole upcoming in our top 6... hoping he can adequately fill it.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Fair enough (at least for puck control, I think you are underrating Silf's potential as a playmaker), but is it worth giving up the assets that the player who gets knocked off he roster brings? I don't see him replacing anyone in the top 6 now, and we have some other potential top 6ers in the prospect pool, so I say no

I watched every game. I was an enormous advocate of Silfverberg's playmaking ability while everyone noticed him just for his shot. With that being said, DaCosta has made passes I could only Spezza ever pull off. His saucer passes on full-stride through defenders is a thing of magic. He also makes passes you would never expect. Silfverberg doesn't come close, nor anyone in our prospect pool in terms of passing like DaCosta.

Iamok

Oct 20, 2010
Because 1 game means so much...

Either way, Bishop doesn't have that much value to begin with.

The Fuhr*

Because 1 game means so much...

Either way, Bishop doesn't have that much value to begin with.

Well the Sens fanbase has been telling every one on the trade board that Bishop would return a top four D

I would not give anything more then a mid rd pick for Bishop... Looks like a guy with a career .900sv. % in the NHL

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I know it is hindsight now but would have been better to play Andy and then have Bishop go against the caps.

Lightning are the highest scoring right now and caps are one of the lowest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad