Proposal: Trade Rumours and Proposals: Part XXXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
Mandy

soo......if methot ends up with as many points as Kuba had last year can we never talk about this again given Methot is far better at every other aspect of the game of hockey than Kuba?
boy i sure hope methot can replace the 3,3,2 and 6 goals Kuba scored with his 'higher' skill level.

Karlsson has looked worse? and its related to methot?? now that's fascinating given they are both on pace for more points than their last year counterparts EK and Kuba.
karlsson has bobbled some pucks early on but im pretty sure its not methot holding his stick.
methots far more aggressive style of play is much better suited for our team and for being EK's partner. he's much better skater than Kuba (or Bryan allen for that matter)

Is someone actually complaining Methot? That dude has been a stud, he is big, can hit, fight, skates well and doesnt make many mistakes, smart with the puck. I know it has only been 3 games but he has been our most consistent player.

zeddyp

Feb 18, 2012
Toronto
Brian Lee played 15:13 & 13:25 in his two games in Tampa and is a -1 and took 4 penalties, he is already been a healthy scratch - anybody who misses him now is in denial.

I wasnt too up to date when it came to prospects back then...(and I know this is a horse thats been beaten past death) but...was there any legitimate reason someone would take Lee over Marc Staal? ...and no drugs dont count

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I wasnt too up to date when it came to prospects back then...(and I know this is a horse thats been beaten past death) but...was there any legitimate reason someone would take Lee over Marc Staal? ...and no drugs dont count

There was a legit reason: John Muckler's Alzheimers.

And people are still bashing Lee? We lost him for nothing and are searching for a defensive minded depth D to play the right side and we STILL bash him. C'mon. We could actually use him right now instead of starting Benoit tonight.

OMadahey

Nov 21, 2012
capital city

Man o man. Judging 18 year old kids,comparing who's gonna be better in 3-5 years is tough. Its even tougher with defencemen. I didn't follow hockey back then. But lee was probably a better defencemen then stall was at the ripe old age of 18.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
It's funny how everyone always talks about how we should have picked {insert the best choice in hindsight} in drafts.

I am not ashamed to admit that I really really really wanted Jack Skille in that draft and was angry beyond belief when Chicago took him one pick before we drafted.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
There was a legit reason: John Muckler's Alzheimers.

And people are still bashing Lee? We lost him for nothing and are searching for a defensive minded depth D to play the right side and we STILL bash him. C'mon. We could actually use him right now instead of starting Benoit tonight.

I'm happy with Benoit right now.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Man o man. Judging 18 year old kids,comparing who's gonna be better in 3-5 years is tough. Its even tougher with defencemen. I didn't follow hockey back then. But lee was probably a better defencemen then stall was at the ripe old age of 18.

Lee was never and will never will be as good as Staal. Lee was a giant reach at #9. Anyone with a copy of the Hockey News' draft edition could have made a better pick than the Sens there. Mucks only employed 3 amateur scouts back then...

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I'm happy with Benoit right now.

Same. He's done a good job in a limited role, but I can't help but think we could squeeze more minutes out of the bottom pairing if we had a mobile stay at home guy with experience to play with Wiercioch or Borocop. Phillips and Gonch are going to wear down quickly.

What would prefer to have: nothing or Brian Lee on a very cheap contract to be a 6/7 Dman? :dunno:

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
It's funny how everyone always talks about how we should have picked {insert the best choice in hindsight} in drafts.

I am not ashamed to admit that I really really really wanted Jack Skille in that draft and was angry beyond belief when Chicago took him one pick before we drafted.

I wanted Kopitar because THN ranked him 5th haha.

R2010

May 23, 2011
Lee was never and will never will be as good as Staal. Lee was a giant reach at #9. Anyone with a copy of the Hockey News' draft edition could have made a better pick than the Sens there. Mucks only employed 3 amateur scouts back then...

Bryan Murray and the rest of the staff wanted Marc Staal as well. Same with Chara over Redden.

General Granny*

The Edmonton Oilers have interest in backup G Ben Bishop, but the Senators aren’t ready to make a move. They want to see how Bishop performs once he starts playing — which could be as early as Friday vs. Tampa Bay — and if the market increases once Vancouver Canucks G Roberto Luongo is dealt.

Garrioch article.

Big game tonight for Bishop, hopefully he comes through.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

Same reason we chose Redden over Chara - Muckler identified blueline transition as the #1 prioirty in the New NHL - he went and got Corvo, Preissing so he thought small NHL Dman would thrive and he drafted Lee.

Blueline transition is still the #1 priority in the NHL, we see this with Karllson, Lidstrom, Pieternagelo - we just chose the wrong player in a big way

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Bishop and Zibby for Yandle?

Value is probably there. If we're going burn up valuable assets like Zibanejad, I'd prefer to get someone who's more physical and borderline elite in their own zone. Also, preferably a right shot. I'm a big fan of Yandle though, not sure we need his talents with Karlsson, Wiercioch, and Ceci in the mix.

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
Value is probably there. If we're going burn up valuable assets like Zibanejad, I'd prefer to get someone who's more physical and borderline elite in their own zone. Also, preferably a right shot. I'm a big fan of Yandle though, not sure we need his talents with Karlsson, Wiercioch, and Ceci in the mix.

Yandle is better than everyone on our d not named Karlsson. I'd do a Cowen + Bishop + Peumple for him. The guys is fantastic out there.

Saying that I think right now if we could pry him away for essentially just Zibby then I make that deal. Zibby will be a star but Yandle instantly takes us up a notch in contention.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Yandle is better than everyone on our d not named Karlsson. I'd do a Cowen + Bishop + Peumple for him. The guys is fantastic out there.

Saying that I think right now if we could pry him away for essentially just Zibby then I make that deal. Zibby will be a star but Yandle instantly takes us up a notch in contention.

I wouldn't trade Cowen alone for Yandle. We need Cowen more than Yandle. Plus Yandle wont be traded for anything but a top 6 center.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I wouldn't trade Cowen alone for Yandle. We need Cowen more than Yandle.

Same. Yandle is currently a better player and probably will be be for the foreseeable future, but Cowen fills a big need for Ottawa. Can't be trading from an area of weakness. I'd rather trade our first round pick in this fantastic draft than Jared Cowen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad