Proposal: Trade Rumours and Proposals: Part XXXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topside

Jul 2, 2009
I would offer Bishop, Weirdcrotch, Zibanejad for Yandle

Phoenix gets a good fill-in and backup in Bishop, a young roster player with potential to replace Yandle, and our best prospect as payment for the upgrade from Weircioch to Yandle. We get an excellent defenseman and our top 4 would be set in stone for forever pretty much.

or

Bishop, Stone for Rundblad

Phoenix gets Bishop whose value is about a 2nd rounder, and Stone is the price to bump the value up to that of a mid first round pick, which is where Rundblad was valued before.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary

Phoenix gets a good fill-in and backup in Bishop, a young roster player with potential to replace Yandle, and our best prospect as payment for the upgrade from Weircioch to Yandle. We get an excellent defenseman and our top 4 would be set in stone for forever pretty much.

or

Phoenix gets Bishop whose value is about a 2nd rounder, and Stone is the price to bump the value up to that of a mid first round pick, which is where Rundblad was valued before.

Wouldn't trade Stone

Replace Weir with Da Costa

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa

or

Why is Ottawa trading their backup goaltender and one of their better forward prospects for a defenseman that is two to three years away from being helpful?

Cody Ceci plays the same position and is likely going to take the same amount of time to develop. If Ottawa is moving Bishop I would prefer that the teams take the approach of getting a player that actually helps Ottawa this season.

Dysentery

Ottawa Senators
Sep 14, 2011
New Brunswick
Brian Lee played 15:13 & 13:25 in his two games in Tampa and is a -1 and took 4 penalties, he is already been a healthy scratch - anybody who misses him now is in denial.

I watched one game where Tampa were trying to come back with a few minutes left, and they had the momentum, then Lee took a brutal penalty, game over.:laugh:

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
Really doubt the Murrays will reverse their decision with Rundblad. The guys gone for good.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
It just these trades that people are offering with the biggest piece being Da Costa.

Who the hell accepts that?

No one that's for sure at least not right now although DaCosta looks pretty good but his value isProbably very low as he was undrafted and he played very inconsistent in his 20 some game stint last year.

Berserker*

or

Stone will be a more valuable asset than Rundblad in the long run. Trading Stone at this point would be a bad idea.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
It just these trades that people are offering with the biggest piece being Da Costa.

Who the hell accepts that?

You don't know who DaCosta is do you. Im not saying he's amazing but you're underrating him. Our best player in Binhamton. 2nd line center potential and is not far from it.

EDIT: Never seen Bennys post. We on da same boat g.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
You don't know who DaCosta is do you. Im not saying he's amazing but you're underrating him. Our best player in Binhamton. 2nd line center potential and is not far from it.

EDIT: Never seen Bennys post. We on da same boat g.

agreed hes not far away from playing in the NHL. Hes already got NHL vision and passing. He also can dangles purdy good.

General Granny*

Guys stop making proposals, you should know by now that our prospects suck, their stats are terrible and have no value in the market, and no one wants Bishop on their roster.

We should just give up.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
He would sure be useful up in Ottawa right now playing on the 2nd line instead of having to slot in Daugavins imo.

Da Costa is a centre though, and Daugavins was far from bad in his role last year.

I really like the way Da Costa has played in Bingo, but he just has no future on this team. Looking down the middle Spezza and Turris aren't going anywhere for obvious reasons. Smith brings some valuable toughness, and has 5 years left on his contract anyways. While JOB is one of our better penalty killers (leads forwards in SH TOI per game, and overall) and plays well enough 5 on 5 to have the roster spot. If Spezza or Turris got injured then (not now, but in the future) Zibanejad could take their spot even though he will likely be playing wing. If Smith or JOB got injured then Regin could take their spot. Even if Da Costa moved to wing there likely won't be room in the top 6, and unless our other prospects do nothing, then there might not even be a spot on the 3rd line.

We might as well try and package Da Costa with Bishop

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
DA
FRICKEN
COSTA
trade spezza and turris, da costa be double shifting first and second lines when condra teaches him some stamina.
seriously, i wonder what kind of value da costa holds around the league. as much as i want to keep him, center is stacked (except for maybe that spot regin/o'brien are using, they're all locked up), and we aren't even trying him on the wing in bingo. he looks like he could be a second line center soon. what are we going to do with him?

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Da Costa is a centre though, and Daugavins was far from bad in his role last year.

I really like the way Da Costa has played in Bingo, but he just has no future on this team. Looking down the middle Spezza and Turris aren't going anywhere for obvious reasons. Smith brings some valuable toughness, and has 5 years left on his contract anyways. While JOB is one of our better penalty killers (leads forwards in SH TOI per game, and overall) and plays well enough 5 on 5 to have the roster spot. If Spezza or Turris got injured then (not now, but in the future) Zibanejad could take their spot even though he will likely be playing wing. If Smith or JOB got injured then Regin could take their spot. Even if Da Costa moved to wing there likely won't be room in the top 6, and unless our other prospects do nothing, then there might not even be a spot on the 3rd line.

We might as well try and package Da Costa with Bishop

This is purely based on your preferences though. If Turris were to get injured I'd have to think Da Costa would be the next best thing. And I'm sure he can adjust to the wing relatively well and can slot in on any of the 4 lines. He just needs to keep getting a bit stronger and he'll definitely have a future with the big club.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
This is purely based on your preferences though. If Turris were to get injured I'd have to think Da Costa would be the next best thing. And I'm sure he can adjust to the wing relatively well and can slot in on any of the 4 lines. He just needs to keep getting a bit stronger and he'll definitely have a future with the big club.

What does Da Costa bring that nobody else on the roster or prospect pool does?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino