Trade Rumors & Proposals Thread V: Kane you believe it? Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
I heard Petr Svoboda on 690 this morning. He said Jagr has been more then willing to come to Montreal as a UFA but Bergevin was just not interested, prioritizing youth.

MT would embarrass us and put him on the 4th line after 2 weeks.

MB should focus on getting grinders because MT can't get the most of skill players like PAP,Briere,Vanek,Gilbert and all the other non-grinders acquisitions.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Kane is not worth Eller, Tinordi and a 1st

I'd do Eller and a 1st though

yeah not a big fan of moving tinordi, but eller + ( either a 1st or one of our dead end prospects) would be okay but even with the bottom falling out Kane's value, I think that the jets pass.

If the Jets decide to part ways, I think the most likely option is he gets shut down this season, goes under the knife and is traded in the offseason. that or he gets traded to the sabres ( doesnt play this season) to help with the super tank and ends up starting next season with a high draft pick.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
I heard Petr Svoboda on 690 this morning. He said Jagr has been more then willing to come to Montreal as a UFA but Bergevin was just not interested, prioritizing youth.

And we have been waiting years for the Habs to give the young players a chance, so we can't really complain. I just wish he would give Tinordi that same confidence but his time will come, most probably next year with Gonchar, Weaver and Allen all gone .

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
The only way you trade Eller is when DLR is ready.

Not if we are using Galchenyuk as a center and trading Eller for a winger.

I'm not convinced Galchenyuk really doesn't want to play center. He is not a natural winger like Patch is. He is the type of player who could play at all position without too much trouble.

Therrien wanted DD back at center. He asked Glachenyuk if he wanted to play wing and Galcheyuk as a young guy not wanting to create any trouble said yes.

Galchenyuk looked happy at center to me. Did not look like he had any trouble playing there.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Kane has LaFleur status in Montreal, lol. Have any of you actually watched him play?

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Lol,

Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Desharnais is a center trio that will be eaten alive in the playoffs.

Why would you do that trade?

Which line will take the tough assignments?

Plekanec is 10x better than Eller defensively and offensively, he's always taking the tougher assignments.

Again, what is it with people overrating that much Eller. He's a usefull 3rd line center, that's it. He's not elite defensively, far from it, and doesn't have the hockey IQ to be a Top 6 scorer.

I like Eller has our 3rd line center, but if we need to trade him in order to get a first line scorer, I wouldn't hesitate 1 sec to trade him.

HabsDieHard*

Not if we are using Galchenyuk as a center and trading Eller for a winger.

I'm not convinced Galchenyuk really doesn't want to play center. He is not a natural winger like Patch is. He is the type of player who could play at all position without too much trouble.

Therrien wanted DD back at center. He asked Glachenyuk if he wanted to play wing and Galcheyuk as a young guy not wanting to create any trouble said yes.

Galchenyuk looked happy at center to me. Did not look like he had any trouble playing there.

Dude, whether they are using Galchenyuk to replace Eller or not.

A 5 foot 7 poor 2 way center.

A 20 year old center.

And Plekanec.

Is not a trio that is going anywhere in the playoffs.

You need 2 guys to take the tough minutes.

And Malhotra cannot and will not be that guy.

Do you really think Galchenyuk is going to succeed playing with limited OZ starts and the 3rrd level wingers that ELler gets right now?

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
And has regressed three years in a row.

Bingo. Not sure what is appealing about a 5.5MM, 50 point player that doesn't show up for games when his feelings get hurt. It's not like he's a 70 point guy with issues, he's a 50 point guy with issues.

HabsDieHard*

Plekanec is 10x better than Eller defensively and offensively, he's always taking the tougher assignments.

Again, what is it with people overrating that much Eller. He's a usefull 3rd line center, that's it. He's not elite defensively, far from it, and doesn't have the hockey IQ to be a Top 6 scorer.

I like Eller has our 3rd line center, but if we need to trade him in order to get a first line scorer, I wouldn't hesitate 1 sec to trade him.

Except that Kane wouldn't be a 1st line scorer on this team because he's nowhere near the player Pacioretty is.

He also hasn't scored at a 1st line rate in a couple of seasons.

No one is saying Eller is a Selke candidate. But whether you want to trash on him or not, he has been used in a defensive role this season.

Even if it is the secondary defensive role (though plenty of nights Therrien has matched Eller against a line like the Stamkos line) those are still tough defensive minutes that need to be filled.

And who out of Galchenyuk/Desharnis can fill them?

Neither.

Anyone who needs this explained to them really should just find a new sport to follow.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Dude, whether they are using Galchenyuk to replace Eller or not.

A 5 foot 7 poor 2 way center.

A 20 year old center.

And Plekanec.

Is not a trio that is going anywhere in the playoffs.

You need 2 guys to take the tough minutes.

And Malhotra cannot and will not be that guy.

Do you really think Galchenyuk is going to succeed playing with limited OZ starts and the 3rrd level wingers that ELler gets right now?

Well Kane is not a move to make us win this year so ... the guy is not at 100% and will likely need surgery this summer to be.

IMO we are not winning this year no matter what. I would prefer to see a move good for the next 2 years.

mrcontractor*

Its official Kane is out 4-6 months with shoulder surgery, so that's that.

Now people are going to focus on Myers lol

HockeyRumors&Trades ‏@HockeyRandT · 10m10 minutes ago
Josh Gorges and Tyler Myers are not on the ice at #Sabres practice. All other players are accounted for while... http://fb.me/3OvD654AW

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
I don't like the title, I think we need an upgrade on D more than on O, to have a 41yo guy on our second pair should say something, we don't have a lot of talent in that position in our prospect pool, so before we trade all our best assets for Kane I say that we should fix our D before.

We are the best in the league in gaa but we cant score a goal to save our life!!! I prefere having Gonchar in my top 4 then having Weise on my top line!! Price can compensate for our weakish defense and the stats are showing it but he cant do anything for our offensive problems!!

HabsDieHard*

Well Kane is not a move to make us win this year so ... the guy is not at 100% and will likely need surgery this summer to be.

IMO we are not winning this year no matter what. I would prefer to see a move good for the next 2 years.

The same issue will be prevalent next year.

And the longer this team waits to "contend" the closer they are to Plekx and Markov not being marquee players anymore.

Who will replace Plekanec as the teams' go to defnesive 2 way center in a couple of years?

I find it bizarre how so many people are content to look down the road 2-3 years, when replacing Markov and Plekanec will be next to impossible in that time frame.

HabsDieHard*

Amazing watching people fail to appreciate the value of a big, defensively reliable 3rd line center.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
The worst possible thing for a guy like Kane would have been to come to a city like Montreal.

Jack Bourdain

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 25, 2008
GM Marc Bergevin constantly emphasizes character, and you guys think he would trade for Evander Kane?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad