Trade Rumors & Proposals Thread V: Kane you believe it? Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
I just don't know about this guy. He just seems to evoke drama everywhere. You could argue that of many players in Montreal through the years but Kane seems to bring it on himself. Imagine him coming here and taking another photo of himself on the phone sitting on a wad of cash. It's circus enough around here without adding fuel to the fire. There's also talk of offseason surgery for him...

I wouldn't give up anything of significance for him.

its not talk anymore. he's just been put on IR. wrist surgery i believe.

and like you, i think the habs could do without the nonsense that comes with him

Gamble80

Sep 23, 2014
Jeez, we finally have a huge, tough Defensive Defenseman in our system, who SHOULD be playing with the big club right now, and every other poster on these forums wants to trade him off...I just don't get it?!

If Tinner goes the next day people will be on here complaining we're too soft...I don't get it.

HabsChik*

Kane's on IR, may need shoulder surgery. Not his wrist.

Now can we please find a true goal scorer to add to this team PLEASE !

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
@DarrenDreger: Evander Kane should learn full extent of shoulder injury today and whether surgery is required. Obviously, outcome impacts trade avail.

Guess we will know today when he gets traded.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Jeez, we finally have a huge, tough Defensive Defenseman in our system, who SHOULD be playing with the big club right now, and every other poster on these forums wants to trade him off...I just don't get it?!

If Tinner goes the next day people will be on here complaining we're too soft...I don't get it.

There are 2, but people want to run Emelin out of town also.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
its not talk anymore. he's just been put on IR. wrist surgery i believe.

and like you, i think the habs could do without the nonsense that comes with him

It's his shoulder that is getting an MRI.

He's such a phenomenal player. On the ice, comparisons to a young iginla aren't far off. As a fan, you'd love to see him play for your team.

It's the off ice stuff that scares me. If he can be had for a discount, I suppose you could take a chance on him and chalk up the off ice stuff to a young player simply needing to mature. Also, the wrist injury is of concern.

Dreger also mentioned that the Habs have interest in Kane.

Kane is not really similar to Iginla, except maybe size and the fact that they play wing. Kane doesn't have Iginla's shot or finish, but he is faster. His style and size is closer to Sekac than Iginla, with better habs and more physicality. I don't see him ever being a 50 goal or 90+ point guy.

If a team trades for him expecting Iginla they will overpay and be disappointed. He's a good 2nd liner who could put up as much as 55-60 points if all goes well. Obviously the off ice stuff is a big cloud over him and his career.

I don't like the title, I think we need an upgrade on D more than on O, to have a 41yo guy on our second pair should say something, we don't have a lot of talent in that position in our prospect pool, so before we trade all our best assets for Kane I say that we should fix our D before.

People get too caught up in size and age here. Gonchar is doing the job, who cares if he is 20 or 48. Obviously the age is a factor in watching his workload late in the year, but if he is doing the job, he's fine there.

Eller for Kane

I think Winnipeg laughs you off the phone. With his current contract, Eller doesn't have a ton of value.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger · 51m51 minutes ago
Evander Kane should learn full extent of shoulder injury today and whether surgery is required. Obviously, outcome impacts trade avail.

Dannyhab

Feb 5, 2010
The most likely outcome is Kane will be traded in the off season after having surgery.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Alot of teams can and will get him if we are offering this. Emelin has a NTC so don't even try him.

Id give Tinordi/Eller(Winnipeg would love either one) , DD, cap dump, and a 1st. Wouldn't mind throwing Bournival either.

Wayy too much.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I think they will want to replace Kane immediately if a trade happens soon. Sekac would probably be one piece going to Winnipeg if we went after him.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
If Kane is available, i would be the first in line. The off-ice issues don't bother me one bit mainly because MTL got the players and the organization to straight him out.

BUT....with teams who would like to make big changes like Toronto/Edmonton with some very talented players that might be available, we would have to give too much.

I could easily see a trade around Kane/Eberle, Kane/Kessle, Kane/Yandle, Kane/O'reilly.
Thinking we could have him for spare parts and long shot draft picks won't be possible IMO.

It would've to start with a Gallagher, Scherback or Sekac AT LEAST and adding up from there....

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
Kane is a great player but I can't really see MB trading for him. He makes a lot of sense for the roster, but he's missing a key component and it's an intangible that starts with a "ch"

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Would be a great addition to our top 6 and shouldn't cost alot....why do you think MB wouldn't even consider?

most likely help,

but MB needs to focus on a top 6 guy that is around more then 1 year,
price must be asking for better scoring support, for sure:nod:

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal

We also got Emelin that I really like, just wish he could be a little bit more consistent.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
It would be pretty foolish for the Jets to trade Kane right now.

best case scenario for them is to wait until deadline, or if he needs surgery, trade him in the offseason when all of this drama has somewhat subsided

Now about Kane and his perceived attitude issues...I don't know, it sure seems like the guy needs to mature a little, but he's also 23yrs old and if he hasn't reached a certain maturity level, I think the Jets organization is partly to blame.

I mean the very idea that he's immature, yet they're ok with his teammates throwing his clothes in the shower (something my 3yr old does when he doesn't want to take a bath) just seems very bizarre to me.

I think the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle...a team with a stronger organizational and leadership structure should probably pounce on the opportunity.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Would be a great addition to our top 6 and shouldn't cost alot....why do you think MB wouldn't even consider?

Because as other posters pointed out, Jagr was "willing" (dunno to what extent) to join Montreal and play next to Plekanec when he returned to the NHL, and Montreal, as far as we know, did not offer him a contract. Maybe he was using Montreal as leverage to get more money... I don't know. Similar scenario every contract year thereafter. Why would MB decide NOW, when Jagr has slowed down, to trade for him?

No chance in my opinion that we go after Jagr.

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
Anyone else think the Jets handled this whole Kane situation stupidly?

They held onto him for way too long and now everyone knows they have to trade him because the kid hates playing in Winnipeg. They're trading him for a position of weakness and I don't think they'll get fraction of what he's truly worth, especially considering he hasn't reached his full potential.

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
Let's say that Kane needs a season ending surgery.

Would you still trade for him?

His price would be very low considering the situation and anyway we're not serious contenders yet.

The Jets would ask for immediate help to make the playoffs.

I'd do it.

Id take a step back for this season in order to be better in the next couple seasons.

Kenny Powders

Apr 6, 2005
Laval
Because as other posters pointed out, Jagr was "willing" (dunno to what extent) to join Montreal and play next to Plekanec when he returned to the NHL, and Montreal, as far as we know, did not offer him a contract. Maybe he was using Montreal as leverage to get more money... I don't know. Similar scenario every contract year thereafter. Why would MB decide NOW, when Jagr has slowed down, to trade for him?

No chance in my opinion that we go after Jagr.

Everyone thought Jagr was finished.

With Hindsight it's pretty easy to say it was a bad decision not to go hard for him.

Even if he slowed down, he would still be one of our best forward and a great mentor for our young players (Galchenyuk and Sekac)

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Let's say that Kane needs a season ending surgery.

Would you still trade for him?

His price would be very low considering the situation and anyway we're not serious contenders yet.

The Jets would ask for immediate help to make the playoffs.

I'd do it.

Id take a step back for this season in order to be better in the next couple seasons.

If you look at our lines from practice, you'll see that we have taken a step back this season. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad