Trade Rumors & Proposals Thread V: Kane you believe it? Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viggo Mortensen

Gandalf the Grey
Dec 14, 2008
Gondor
Montreal media probably salivating at the idea of Kane with a Habs jersey, they will finally have some gossip to report.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
E.Kane(LW/PWF) would give the Habs a capable LW to take Galchenyuk's 2nd line LW spot, enabling Alex to play center. Giving the Habs great depth at center with size, skating & offence, our Top Six would be competitive with the top contending playoff teams, and be able to match their physicality. This will cost the Habs a couple of high end prospects, a LW probably JDLR, a goalie, Zach Fucale, and a roster player to take some of the bite out of his $5.25 mil Cap Hit.

If the Habs land Kane, they should bare down on getting one RD like Toronto's Cody Franson(UFA), Tyler Myers(RD), Buffalo or Keith Yandle(RD)Arizona, to play the 2nd pairing on RD behind PK Subban. Depending on who goes back the other way, the Habs will be the team to beat in the East and one of the favorites to win the SC, IMHO.:nod:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I just don't know about this guy. He just seems to evoke drama everywhere. You could argue that of many players in Montreal through the years but Kane seems to bring it on himself. Imagine him coming here and taking another photo of himself on the phone sitting on a wad of cash. It's circus enough around here without adding fuel to the fire. There's also talk of offseason surgery for him...

I wouldn't give up anything of significance for him.

GeoStride87

Feb 23, 2013
He's such a phenomenal player. On the ice, comparisons to a young iginla aren't far off. As a fan, you'd love to see him play for your team.

It's the off ice stuff that scares me. If he can be had for a discount, I suppose you could take a chance on him and chalk up the off ice stuff to a young player simply needing to mature. Also, the wrist injury is of concern.

Dreger also mentioned that the Habs have interest in Kane.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I am not willing to give up too much but he would be a fantastic guy to have.

At most id give up Fucale and a 1st and cap dump(DD). I hope he is like Seguin when he was with the bruins.

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gallagher

Kane-Galchenyuk-PAP

Prust/DD-Eller-Sekac

Bournival-Malholtra-Thomas/Weise

Last edited:

Chacal667

Jul 14, 2012
Montreal
I don't like the title, I think we need an upgrade on D more than on O, to have a 41yo guy on our second pair should say something, we don't have a lot of talent in that position in our prospect pool, so before we trade all our best assets for Kane I say that we should fix our D before.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I don't like the title, I think we need an upgrade on D more than on O, to have a 41yo guy on our second pair should say something, we don't have a lot of talent in that position in our prospect pool, so before we trade all our best assets for Kane I say that we should fix our D before.

I hope you know we have the best GA/GP in the entire league. I love the Gonchar and Beaulieu line, a veteran who has so much talent , and a young D who is learning from this guy is the perfect combination. Habs will get top 3 D man off-season not to worry.(Hoping to god for Mike Green he would be fantastic as a free agent) Our offense on the other hand is horrible 22nd for GF/GP yikes! Definitely time to get good offense if we want to win the cup.

Habitant#1

Feb 15, 2006
Brisbane
Incidentally Jets need L side defensemen and wingers. Ideally that can help the playoff push this season

Something around Emelin + Sekac?
They'd need to take on salary, very few teams could take him otherwise.
I'd rather part with Andrighetto or Thomas but I think they'd want some youth that can contribute immediately.

Chacal667

Jul 14, 2012
Montreal
I hope you know we have the best GA/GP in the entire league. I love the Gonchar and Beaulieu line, a veteran who has so much talent , and a young D who is learning from this guy is the perfect combination. Habs will get top 3 D man off-season not to worry.(Hoping to god for Mike Green he would be fantastic as a free agent) Our offense on the other hand is horrible 22nd for GF/GP yikes! Definitely time to get good offense if we want to win the cup.

we have McCaron, Sherbak, Sekak, and a lot of secondary prospect such Reway, Hudon, Andrighetto, but we have absolutely nothing that could be close to a top 4 D in our prospect pool, it's nice to dream about a good D that we could get from free agency but if you look closer the next year is a poor year in that regard, Gonchar is freeking 41, he wasnt a regular with the Stars, we need an upgrade and fast, our Defense look terrible, GA/GP ??? are you kidding me, the only reason for that is Carey Price and the system's coach where every player play defensively in unity of 5.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Incidentally Jets need L side defensemen and wingers. Ideally that can help the playoff push this season

Something around Emelin + Sekac?
They'd need to take on salary, very few teams could take him otherwise.
I'd rather part with Andrighetto or Thomas but I think they'd want some youth that can contribute immediately.

Alot of teams can and will get him if we are offering this. Emelin has a NTC so don't even try him.

Id give Tinordi/Eller(Winnipeg would love either one) , DD, cap dump, and a 1st. Wouldn't mind throwing Bournival either.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
we have McCaron, Sherbak, Sekak, and a lot of secondary prospect such Reway, Hudon, Andrighetto, but we have absolutely nothing that could be close to a top 4 D in our prospect pool, it's nice to dream about a good D that we could get from free agency but if you look closer the next year is a poor year in that regard, Gonchar is freeking 41, he wasnt a regular with the Stars, we need an upgrade and fast, our Defense look terrible, GA/GP ??? are you kidding me, the only reason for that is Carey Price and the system's coach where every player play defensively in unity of 5.

First off I agree with McCaron, Sherback and Hudon I completely disagree Andrighetto, why is everyone acting like he is the next Kane he will be a third liner at most. Others can and will develop into what we are looking for, but we are 22nd, are we not trying to win the cup.

Second not sure if you heard off Tinordi and Thrower and anyone can get top 6 in free agency, maybe even a top 4 so not to worry about that. Gonchar`s contract ends this year we are not resigning him he will probably retire so it's not like we have him for the next few years.

Finally yes Price is saving our defense a lot but he is not the only reason for our GA/GP. Have to give credit to our D time to time the way they played against Arizona and Buffalo is not really helping my case, but it's not like we do not play defense whatsoever. Love how people don't recognize when they do good stuff.
I love Price he is the best goalie in the world with no questions about it, but the opponents are not shooting from positions that are very dangerous often.

Chacal667

Jul 14, 2012
Montreal
Our defense suck !!! I mean we play a good defensive system that include our fowards, they play in unity of 5, but beside Subban and Markov, the other actors* that we call our defenseman, clearly suck !, yea I have to say that I'm impressed with Beaulieu but he's a rookie and Gonchar is 41yo, maybe if we had a better D corps, Therrien could change the system a little bit so the GF could increase.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
How has Gonchar not been great for you? We absolutely robbed Dallas with that trade. And the best way for Beaulieau to learn is to play alongside of someone who has been here for a while. And Gilbert and Emelin are doing OK.

Chacal667

Jul 14, 2012
Montreal
How has Gonchar not been great for you? We absolutely robbed Dallas with that trade. And the best way for Beaulieau to learn is to play alongside of someone who has been here for a while. And Gilbert and Emelin are doing OK.

As much as I like what Gonchar have done till he became an habs, he shouldn't be in our top 4.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
If beaulieu can be as good as Gonchar was in his prime that would be fantastic. Those two make a perfect line, and to make sure he is going to grow more we can either sign or trade for another veteran to teach Beaulieau.

Aceekay

Oct 9, 2011
Victoria
If beaulieu can be as good as Gonchar was in his prime that would be fantastic. Those two make a perfect line, and to make sure he is going to grow more we can either sign or trade for another veteran to teach Beaulieau.

He will never be as good as gonchar, and I'm a big Beaulieu fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad