Rumor: Trade Rumors & Proposals Thread III | Friedman on Petry: "This One Will End Soon"

Status
Not open for further replies.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Interesting. Ideally we would move Petry and something for a centre. Columbus is loaded with them.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
We're probably getting offered a 2nd rounder for him, and MacT doesn't see that offer happening at the deadline with how poor our team will play this season. He'll sell "high" because we'll have a 2nd in a "deep" draft.

It was gross writing that out, but I could see it being completely true. I wouldn't even be surprised.

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
We're probably getting offered a 2nd rounder for him, and MacT doesn't see that offer happening at the deadline with how poor our team will play this season. He'll sell "high" because we'll have a 2nd in a "deep" draft.

It was gross writing that out, but I could see it being completely true. I wouldn't even be surprised.

Honestly, at this point there's nothing that we should be surprised by. This organization continues to baffle the lot of us. It's time to acknowledge things are not going to change, and maybe start looking elsewhere for quality hockey to watch/follow.

Rafters

Aug 10, 2003
Medicine Hat
Visit site
Petry is a good dman , but another player that is easy to play against, I could see the Oilers wanting to move him for the right package. He does a lot of the right things and has a good toolbox, but he does not have the aggression needed to play consistently physical and still makes bonehead defensive plays as well......might be part of the culture change needed.....we have too many similar type of dmen ...we need some that can knock a player on his ass when needed and stick up for teammates

Last edited:

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Honestly, at this point there's nothing that we should be surprised by. This organization continues to baffle the lot of us. It's time to acknowledge things are not going to change, and maybe start looking elsewhere for quality hockey to watch/follow.

The last part is futile. We're never going to cheer for another team and that's the sad truth. We're stuck with this, because at some point or another, whether born into it or a casual glance over turned into an infatuation, we've become thoroughly attached to this team. Well, I can speak for everyone, but at least I know that I'll be devoted to this piece of garbage until the end of my lifetime.

I'll probably have to take up Yoga or something to counter act my patronage to this team.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Petry is a good dman , but another player that is easy to play against, I could see the Oilers wanting to move him for the right package. He does a lot of the right things and has a good toolbox, but he does not have the aggression needed to play consistently physical and still makes bonehead defensive plays as well......might be part of the culture change needed.....we have too many similar type of dmen ...we need some that can knock a player on his ass when needed and stick up for teammates

The issue is that out of all the Dmen we have, why single out Petry? It's not like Nikitin or Ference have been any better. Sitting our RHD Petry also leaves us with a D that will have one LHD playing on the right side...

Ultimately, you're right though. Petry is not a player to get worked up about. He's a 2nd pairing guy who moves the puck okay. He doesn't do much else.

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
The last part is futile. We're never going to cheer for another team and that's the sad truth. We're stuck with this, because at some point or another, whether born into it or a casual glance over turned into an infatuation, we've become thoroughly attached to this team. Well, I can speak for everyone, but at least I know that I'll be devoted to this piece of garbage until the end of my lifetime.

I'll probably have to take up Yoga or something to counter act my patronage to this team.

No, you're right. But I've definitely gained a growing interest in other teams around the league. My passion will never be similar to what it is for the Oilers, but I've started really enjoying watching the other 29 teams playing.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
No, you're right. But I've definitely gained a growing interest in other teams around the league. My passion will never be similar to what it is for the Oilers, but I've started really enjoying watching the other 29 teams playing.

I can't agree more to this. I'm watching a Leafs/Avalanche game, and I'm fully involved. I hate both teams, but it's nice watching hockey that doesn't aggravate me every few minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad