Rumor: Trade Rumors & Proposals Thread III | Friedman on Petry: "This One Will End Soon"

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
If Petry is moved ...I'm sure we could find another RH dman needing a change of scenery for cheap.....Larsson,Schenn,Franson...

If they can somehow swap Petry+ for Larsson I'd be OK with it. But realistically that isn't happening, it'll be for a longshot prospect and/or picks.

Eirhead*

I think you're kidding yourself if you expect a good NHLer for Petry. MacT is going to give him away. Just like he gave away Ladislav Smid.

Even I'll admit Petry is better than Smid. And you are probably right that we'll get peanuts for him. I'm just saying, if there's an NHL center available, I'd be ok with the trade.

There's always option 3... Phantom injuries for Hall, Draisaitl back to the minors, and a brand new shiny center next summer.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
I'm not comparing Petry's value to Boycuck's, but depending on how different teams value Petry it could be a similar situation to Boychuck. I know that Petry isn't as good as him.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Petry is going to land you maybe two 3rds or a 2nd + 5th or something.

A top 4 D-man.

Whoever lands him is going to acquire the equivalent of what Chicago got when they acquired Oduya.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Something around Petry and the Schenn bros?

Even with Luke Schenn being an awful hockey player. No way. Not unless there is a big add from Edmonton. And I don't even think particularly highly of Brayden either.

Meanwhile off topic, Derek Roy is looking pretty good for the Preds. I remember a lot of thought in the off-season that the Oilers were too good for Derek Roy.

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
We are screwed... Petry is probably fed up with the organization and is going to walk at the end of the season in free agency..I have a feeling that it was Petry who wanted the 1 year deal this summer and not Edmonton... Edmonton is going to trade him at the deadline or just before for a draft pick like Dreger said.

Nice asset management Edmonton, lose your best defence man for basically nothing...

How many players has KLowe and his **** show slapped in the face? To name a few:

Comrie?
Souray?
Penner?
Maracin?
Petry?

Gee, I wonder why top rate players don't want to come to Edmonton. KLowe is the worst manager in the history of prosports, and getting worse. Katz is ****ing Harold Ballard. MacT is Grima Wormtongue.

We are screwed for 20 more years, or at least until these guys get so old, the are relieved from their positions from natural causes.

Holy over-reaction Batman ;)

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Tell that to the oilers management. Its quite obvious you don't ****ing trade your best d man on the team for picks and prospects, while substantially making your blueline worse as it is right now. Clueless.
Did something similar with Smid last year. Didn't even bother shopping him if what Friedmann says is true.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Julie Petry @petryules · 36m 36 minutes ago

Mind boggling is the only way to describe today. Lots of head scratching going on, but reminding myself it is all part of God's plan.

Petry's wife ^

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton

Mind boggling is the only way to describe today. Lots of head scratching going on, but reminding myself it is all part of God's plan.

Petry's wife ^

Wonder if Yahweh will be ok with Petry's wife worshiping Lowe/Mact/Eakins.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
How many players has KLowe and his **** show slapped in the face? To name a few:

Comrie?
Souray?
Penner?
Maracin?
Petry?

Gee, I wonder why top rate players don't want to come to Edmonton. KLowe is the worst manager in the history of prosports, and getting worse. Katz is ****ing Harold Ballard. MacT is Grima Wormtongue.

We are screwed for 20 more years, or at least until these guys get so old, the are relieved from their positions from natural causes.

Holy over-reaction Batman ;)
Wait, what?

I thought free agents weren't signing here because of our fans.:sarcasm:

SeriousBusiness

T.Hall da man
Oct 5, 2003
Dreger was wondering if it might just be a pick back. If so, why trade him in the first place? Why trade him at the start of the season?

Isaak16

The Universe Is Here
May 7, 2013
Alberta
To be honest I don't mind them moving Petry. He is a decent player but he will not be worth his sticker price next summer and I also don't anticipate much improvement going forward. The problem with this player will always be his hockey sense and his assertiveness. I don't see those things changing. He has the physical tools to be a consistent 10g-40a guy on the back end with good defense, unfortunately he seems to have neither the understanding nor the 'get-up-and-go' to fully access those things.

My hope is only that they are able to fill a hole if they move him. Preferably they package him with a forward to get an upgrade on the back end while downgrading at forward, but redistributing their assets to fill their holes (backends, packages, assets and holes.... whoops).

Eberle and Petry would be the most likely scenario to me but I could understand a package with Yakupov instead.

Pablo Aimar

Nov 28, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site

Petry's wife ^

god's plan is punish Oiler fans by making sure the team is continuously run by stupid morons. Tambo begat Mac T and Eakins. And we thought it couldn't get worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad