Rumor: Trade Rumors & Proposals Thread III | Friedman on Petry: "This One Will End Soon"

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBush*

No they should re-sign him, silly. Not trade him away for some marginal picks (which is all his value would be in a trade).

Oh ya, that's plan A. But get it done quick
Then start looking into plan B when he doesn't resign

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
So they should just let him walk at the end of the season?

I think it's better as a fan to see the Oilers try to compete. The only way Petry should be dealt is if it's the deadline and the Oilers are out of it. They just scratched him ffs, he's and Oiler and an impending UFA he's not worth what his ability is.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Or

To Buffalo:

Eberle
Petry

To Edmonton:

Myers
Foligno

I would do that. Not sure they would. Most Buffalo fans don't seem too keen on acquiring Ebs. They have Eberle-lite with Matt Moulson.

I still think an Eberle-Bjugstad deal has potential. Possibly add Campbell from their end and a 2nd from our side.

McDeathbyCheerios*

If Petry and/or Eberle is getting traded:

1. No Draft picks
2. No Potential
3. No wingers

Hopefully a quality return IF it happens
I'm okay if the deal is for a top 2 dman and a bottom six winger comes back to balance things out

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I would do that. Not sure they would. Most Buffalo fans don't seem too keen on acquiring Ebs. They have Eberle-lite with Matt Moulson.

I still think an Eberle-Bjugstad deal has potential. Possibly add Campbell from their end and a 2nd from our side.

Buffalo needs to start building for 4-5 years down the road. Moulson could be gone by then but Eb's will still be in his prime. I could also see Petry resigning there as it's close to his home in Michigan and he'll still be young enough to make a difference in 5 years.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
So what are you giving the first round pick for...Rinaldo?
Eberle is certainly worth Couturier, Petry is worth Simmonds.....
Please don't go on the main trade board. I'm not sure if you really know nothing about Simmonds or just highly overrate Petry. Probably both

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
So what are you giving the first round pick for...Rinaldo?
Eberle is certainly worth Couturier, Petry is worth Simmonds.....

In what world is Petry worth Simmonds? In fact, i'd bet that Simmonds has more value than Eberle to be honest.

There's less than zero chance that Philly makes that trade but then again, Philly has made some unconventional moves in the past so who knows.

ElFossum

Nov 19, 2013
Saskatoon SK
smh at the people who think Petry is worth simmonds.... woah boy youre in for many upset people if you say that outside of these forums lol

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
Chris Nichols ‏@NicholsOnHockey 58s58 seconds ago
Friedman on Petry: "This one will end soon. I have a feeling he'll be traded." #Oilers

Via caley on the trade board.

sighhhh. This one is gonna sting, I know it.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Chris Nichols ‏@NicholsOnHockey 58s58 seconds ago
Friedman on Petry: "This one will end soon. I have a feeling he'll be traded." #Oilers

Via caley on the trade board.

sighhhh. This one is gonna sting, I know it.

Damn it. They are going to get a pick and play it off like it's a win for the team and that Petry wasn't the right fit.

We might as well get used to being a laughingstock forever.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
please be an upgrade at centre; otherwise, why bother trading him this early?

Maybe Petry gets dealt for a gritty winger like Foligno from CBJ or Smith-Pelly from the ducks and it opens the door to ship out Eberle/Perron/Yak for a C or D. This team needs a major shake up.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Maybe Petry gets dealt for a gritty winger like Foligno from CBJ or Smith-Pelly from the ducks and it opens the door to ship out Eberle/Perron/Yak for a C or D. This team needs a major shake up.

An upcoming UFA won't fetch much. -shrugs-

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint

We've tried and failed to emulate a team that starts with a C, ends with an O, and has hicag in the middle. Love the avatar mate. :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad