Rumor: Trade Rumors & Proposals Thread III | Friedman on Petry: "This One Will End Soon"

Status
Not open for further replies.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Then you don't flipping trade him.

Tell that to the oilers management. Its quite obvious you don't ****ing trade your best d man on the team for picks and prospects, while substantially making your blueline worse as it is right now. Clueless.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I hate the people running this organization. Man it's frustrating being a fan of this team.

Petry for magic beans in 3.... 2.... 1....

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Foligno is an upcoming UFA too. I would think a bonafide top 4 RHD would fetch a 2nd-3rd line tweener regardless of the term on his contract.

Whatever happens, if the return isn't something that will help the team right away, then its just plain stupid.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
I hate the people running this organization. Man it's frustrating being a fan of this team.

Petry for magic beans in 3.... 2.... 1....

If he is dealt for picks we should rightly get the pitchforks out. The only question is where do we mob up? Daryl's house? Kevin's? Craig's? All the neighbourhood Rexalls? Unless they plan to flip the picks immediately for a roster player from another team.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
To think we could've made a few deals in the off-season to shore up our blueline and middle. Why not just sell off every valuable piece of the team?

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
then you lose him for nothing

No. Then you keep a top 4 RHD for the season. Just because Dallas Eakin's is a ****ing moron doesn't mean that Jeff Petry isn't still easily one of this teams top 4 d-men.

Rather lose him for nothing in July than lose him for what will amount to nothing right now.

Brandel*

Trading him this early in the season serves absolutely no beneficial purpose. You're not going to get a premium return and it basically signals that the season is done.

well yeah, but no offence but i doubt you guys will make playoffs, might as well maximize the return. i mean you will get more now then in march, thats for sure. i can see why they'd do it. but yeah it probably would signal that unless another move is made prior. 2015 strong draft too lol ;)

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
well yeah, but no offence but i doubt you guys will make playoffs, might as well maximize the return. i mean you will get more now then in march, thats for sure. i can see why they'd do it. 2015 strong draft too lol ;)

I don't think we will make the playoffs but trading him for anything less than a 1st is just... well, stupid.

Eirhead*

Trading him this early in the season serves absolutely no beneficial purpose. You're not going to get a premium return and it basically signals that the season is done.

If we actually got an NHL center, I think that would be a good hockey trade.

We have organizational depth up the yin yang at defence. Not so much at center. Start playing those rookies Marincin, Klefbom & Nurse. Better to be seasoning the rookies this year with some NHL experience, than to keep delaying it and be bad for the next 2 to 3 years. Let's try to make playoffs sooner than later.

smackdaddy

x – Edmonton
Nov 24, 2006
B.C.
Wonder if this team remembered there's a trade deadline and you don't have to deal from a position of absolute weaknes in October.

Wait till trade deadline, work on signing extention, and if all else fails trade him. I feel as if they haven't even tried with Petry, that we're just giving up. WTF?

rasarhdasd

Apr 12, 2013
This management group has no idea how to identify talent, instead they pick favourites or base it on fitness instead of actual on-ice play. Ridiculous.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
There's nothing more Oilers than trading Jeff Petry. I remember when we signed Fayne and the rumor mill was ignited with Petry rumors from Friedman and Rishaug. So stupid... and so predictable.

I've come to terms with the Oilers talking themselves into move Petry. I'll say this, if you get a Boychuk type return, you take that. If someone's stupid enough to offer a 1st, you runaway laughing. That said, I fully expect a singular 2nd in return.

If they somehow salvage an NHL center out of this, I'll be shocked.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
If we actually got an NHL center, I think that would be a good hockey trade.

We have organizational depth up the yin yang at defence. Not so much at center. Start playing those rookies Marincin, Klefbom & Nurse. Better to be seasoning the rookies this year with some NHL experience, than to keep delaying it and be bad for the next 2 to 3 years. Let's try to make playoffs sooner than later.

If Jeff Petry returns an NHL roster player there's not a chance in hell it's anything more than a bottom 6 roster player. You're not getting a legit center man for him. You're getting a couple mediocre prospects or some mid round picks.

Eirhead*

If Jeff Petry returns an NHL roster player there's not a chance in hell it's anything more than a bottom 6 roster player. You're not getting a legit center man for him. You're getting a couple mediocre prospects or some mid round picks.

I'm ok with a 3rd line center. As long as he's a guy who can PK and taller than 5'9", IDC.

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
I have never been a huge Petry fan but I am scared to see what return is… even with my lowered expectations I'm sure I will still be very disappointment.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I'm ok with a 3rd line center. As long as he's a guy who can PK and taller than 5'9", IDC.

I think you're kidding yourself if you expect a good NHLer for Petry. MacT is going to give him away. Just like he gave away Ladislav Smid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad