Rumor: Trade Rumors & Proposals Thread | Hey Kenny You Can Wake Up Now, Your 6 Month Nap Is Over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
The Oilers have had some low times with McDavid here, but imagine they had signed Peter Forsberg to mentor him and then kicked him off the team? We'd still be hearing about that.

Reactions: North

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
There has been a number of rumors that the Oilers have been scouting all of the Montreal Canadiens goaltenders. Just wondering what everyone thinks. Should the Oilers make a trade for one of the Habs goalies if so who and what will or should the Oilers give up for them?

As I stated--Oilers asked about one of the goalies and the habs wanted to bend the oilers over the boards and ram a hockey stick sideway

The last "Ask" from the habs was reportedly an unprotected 1st, Bouchard and a prospect for Samuel Montembeault... I thought it was the wannabe vloggers spinning that but one of the TO radio stations said they heard the same thing.

Teams are going to try and make the oilers bleed in any trade again.

Reactions: Vagabond

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
The Oilers have had some low times with McDavid here, but imagine they had signed Peter Forsberg to mentor him and then kicked him off the team? We'd still be hearing about that.
At least they signed him and Foligno.

I mean at the end of the day I don't know that I blame them so much over Perry turning out to be a bad apple. Guy is 38 and has really only been a dick on the ice. Don't remember anything off the ice with him before this.

I do still think they signed him to a very stupid dollar amount though

Reactions: Vagabond

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I think you have to try to sign Perry, even if it doesn't work out you have a Connor Brown-sized hole in the top-six right now.
Perry is a 4th liner, so expecting much more than that is unrealistic.

With that being said at least the guy has an identity. Something that can't be said for most of our bottom six.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Perry is a 4th liner, so expecting much more than that is unrealistic.

With that being said at least the guy has an identity. Something that can't be said for most of our bottom six.
I don't know who he was playing with in TB but he seemed to be kind of productive in a bottom-six role there. This team needs to be desperate, unless he did something horrific they should at least try to sign him.

Reactions: Mack a doodle doo

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Well now I feel stupid, although I didn't mind the Kane signing in Detroit.

While he definitely doesn't need the help, I forgot Debrincat was in Detroit lol. Those two were pretty darn good together in Chicago.

I don't know who he was playing with in TB but he seemed to be kind of productive in a bottom-six role there. This team needs to be desperate, unless he did something horrific they should at least try to sign him.
He was 4th liner role there too. One of the least used guys at even strength, but got some PP time and put up decent points given his contract

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I would take Perry, but I don't see the fit from his end. He's: (i) probably in his last season, so unlike when Kane signed here I doubt he cares about boosting his value; (ii) has gotten almost a third of his ice time on the PP this year, and he probably won't sniff top unit minutes here; and (iii) clearly seems to have a strong bias toward playing in US markets.

Maybe there's an outside chance you can sell him on competing for minutes with Leon/Connor, but I'm going to guess he ends up taking 800k to play on an American team like Vegas, LA, NY, or Boston.
At least Perry ended his career with a "Bang."

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions

I absolutely have time for this player

I still think a deal with the Jackets at some point this year makes a ton of sense. They’ve got a high priced goalie who’s also struggling and would maybe welcome a change of scenery in Elvis, and they’ve got a need for a bottom 6 C so might have interest in McLeod if the Oil decide he’s a moveable part. Just looking through the rosters and where both teams are in their outlook the next couple years it just makes too much sense not to see some kind of a deal happen.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I still think a deal with the Jackets at some point this year makes a ton of sense. They’ve got a high priced goalie who’s also struggling and would maybe welcome a change of scenery in Elvis, and they’ve got a need for a bottom 6 C so might have interest in McLeod if the Oil decide he’s a moveable part. Just looking through the rosters and where both teams are in their outlook the next couple years it just makes too much sense not to see some kind of a deal happen.
Absolutely agree, there really is a good chance the 2 organization get together on something, though it will be impossible for the Oilers to flip a defenseman out there, because they're already top heavy there (atleast contract wise)

As far as Chinahkov, I really think it could be a chance to grab a guy who might be able to do more in a better situation.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Absolutely agree, there really is a good chance the 2 organization get together on something, though it will be impossible for the Oilers to flip a defenseman out there, because they're already top heavy there (atleast contract wise)

As far as Chinahkov, I really think it could be a chance to grab a guy who might be able to do more in a better situation.
When the news broke about them wanting to move a dman I was wondering about maybe some kind of Elvis+Peeke for Campbell+McLeod+futures deal to push Vinny down to being the #7 here but he’s looked pretty good lately so that’s probably a less pressing spot to fill.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
When the news broke about them wanting to move a dman I was wondering about maybe some kind of Elvis+Peeke for Campbell+McLeod+futures deal to push Vinny down to being the #7 here but he’s looked pretty good lately so that’s probably a less pressing spot to fill.
Maybe see if you can get Boqvist out of there, there might be more player in him than is being shown in CLB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad