Rumor: Trade Rumors & Proposals Thread | Hey Kenny You Can Wake Up Now, Your 6 Month Nap Is Over

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
Does anybody even trust Holland to make a good move? Sam Lafferty has 6 points in a bottom 6 role lol. I am not counting our EN bottom 6 point, so he has 6X the points as our whole bottom 6....

Could have had him for the great Deharnais!

Tre was desperate to get rid of him to get Reaves LMAO

Reactions: Duke74

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
@Bryanbryoil
Saros is a UFA in 2025/26 and his cap hit until then is very reasonable considering what the team is getting.

Bouchard is a very good offensive dman...hard to see him go but I am more interested in winning a cup in the McDrai window than I am about what may happen in 2026.
I would do a deal involving Bouchard and getting back Barrie and Saros in a heartbeat.

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
We are also not going anywhere whatsoever with Cody Ceci being on your top pair

Nurse has been talked about to death too. You will never have a true #1 dman here while he is here because you cannot pay a #1 any money now

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
@Bryanbryoil
Saros is a UFA in 2025/26.

Bouchard is a very good offensive dman...hard to see him go but I am more interested in winning a cup in the McDrai window than I am about what may happen in 2026.
I would do a deal involving Bouchard and getting back Barrie and Saros in a heartbeat.
Me too. What is the add To Bouchard?

I think a first, probably one of Holloway, Borgault, or Akey, a roster player and maybe Borberg?

does the cap work if Campbell says, or, does campbell need to be moved?

• Haha
Reactions: ManByng

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
@Bryanbryoil
Saros is a UFA in 2025/26 and his cap hit until then is very reasonable considering what the team is getting.

We'd have Saros for this season and next and we'd still have gaping holes on D. Without knowing the extent of the injuries on our team, I wonder if we even try going all in this year? If Connor's injury isn't going away any time soon and the same for Ekholm, we'd need prime Hasek to get us to the SCF. We must improve, but do we give up arguably our best piece under 25 years of age? I'd rather not.

Reactions: Louis Cypher

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
We are also not going anywhere whatsoever with Cody Ceci being on your top pair

Nurse has been talked about to death too. You will never have a true #1 dman here while he is here because you cannot pay a #1 any money now
We need to upgrade the D and goal. That way we give the new goalie a legit shot without him getting shellshocked by how piss poor our defense is.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Me too. What is the add To Bouchard?

I think a first, probably one of Holloway, Borgault, or Akey, a roster player and maybe Borberg?

does the cap work if Campbell says, or, does campbell need to be moved?
Good question.
I think that Campbell has to be moved to make it work.
In the previous Rumors thread I suggested something around Campbell, Bouchard and McLeod and additional prospects/picks.

Maybe @Bryanbryoil can move some of the posts from the previous thread into this one. :D

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Good question.
I think that Campbell has to be moved to make it work.
In the previous Rumors thread I suggested something around Campbell, Bouchard and McLeod and additional prospects/picks.

Maybe @Bryanbryoil can move some of the posts from the previous thread into this one. :D
Would change the OP and I'm under the weather so no more added work for me :)

Reactions: guymez

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
We'd have Saros for this season and next and we'd still have gaping holes on D. Without knowing the extent of the injuries on our team, I wonder if we even try going all in this year? If Connor's injury isn't going away any time soon and the same for Ekholm, we'd need prime Hasek to get us to the SCF. We must improve, but do we give up arguably our best piece under 25 years of age? I'd rather not.
Barrie would almost certainly have to be a part of this deal and IMO he is an upgrade defensivly over Bouchard and at least as good offensively.
So I dont really see a gaping hole at all on D.
I think the D gets better actually because you can play Barrie with Nurse and move Ceci down.

If Connor is in fact injured though then obviously changes a lot. Depending of course the severity of the injury.
With a slightly upgraded defense and significantly better goaltending then resting Connor becomes more likely especially if the team can buy into play defence for a change.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Does anybody even trust Holland to make a good move? Sam Lafferty has 6 points in a bottom 6 role lol. I am not counting our EN bottom 6 point, so he has 6X the points as our whole bottom 6....

Could have had him for the great Deharnais!

Tre was desperate to get rid of him to get Reaves LMAO
Woody likely blocked that trade like he did the Gudas for Desharnais last year

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Barrie would almost certainly have to be a part of this deal and IMO he is an upgrade defensivly over Bouchard and at least as good offensively.
So I dont really see a gaping hole at all on D.
I think the D gets better actually because you can play Barrie with Nurse and move Ceci down.

If Connor is in fact injured though then obviously changes a lot. Depending of course the severity of the injury.
With a slightly upgraded defense and significantly better goaltending then resting Connor becomes more likely especially if the team can buy into play defence for a change.
Completely disagree on this. Bouchard is a much better shooter and is at least as good of a passer.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Completely disagree on this. Bouchard is a much better shooter and is at least as good of a passer.
Yes for sure Bouchard is a better shooter but Barries passing is as good if not better IMO.
Barrie averaged almost 0.69 ppg in 190 games while in Edmonton.
Bouchard has averaged 0.53 ppg in 174 games not including his first 2 seasons on the team. in those 2 seasons he played ,limited games in limited roles.
Barrie is also a better defender which is why he can play with Nurse and Boucahrd cant.
Also...putting Barrie on Nurses pairing and Ceci on Ekholms pairing makes the defence better than it is now.

Dont get me wrong I am not thrilled about the possibility of losing a young player like Bouchard. He is a really good offensive talent. The irony in what i am suggesting is that I thought that the team could afford to trade Barrie because I thought that Bouchard would be able to fill in offensively.

I just think that this team absolutely cant afford to miss the playoffs and they need a quality #1 goalie badly.

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
@Bryanbryoil

Can’t hit like enough times on this one

Reactions: guymez

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Yes for sure Bouchard is a better shooter but Barries passing is as good if not better IMO.
Barrie averaged almost 0.69 ppg in 190 games while in Edmonton.
Bouchard has averaged 0.53 ppg in 174 games not including his first 2 seasons on the team. in those 2 seasons he played ,limited games in limited roles.
Barrie is also a better defender which is why he can play with Nurse and Boucahrd cant.
Also...putting Barrie on Nurses pairing and Ceci on Ekholms pairing makes the defence better than it is now.

Dont get me wrong I am not thrilled about the possibility of losing a young player like Bouchard. He is a really good offensive talent. The irony in what i am suggesting is that I thought that the team could afford to trade Barrie because I thought that Bouchard would be able to fill in offensively.

I just think that this team absolutely cant afford to miss the playoffs and they need a quality #1 goalie badly.
Nah man I disagree. Bouchard is a much better passer than Barrie. His breakout passing is the best on the Oilers.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
Teams don't go from the highest scoring team at the end of the season to one of the lowest scoring teams to start the season by losing 2 bottom six guys they got mid season. Something is up and its not the roster.

I like Woody but right now feels like the 20 game skid we were on with Tippet.

Nah man I disagree. Bouchard is a much better passer than Barrie. His breakout passing is the best on the Oilers.
One of the best in the league.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
He may have a better stretch pass...Ill give you that.
The thing is Barrie was key in generating offence at 5x5 and especially the PP at a higher rate then Bouchard.

Reactions: AT14C

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
The thing is Barrie was key in generating offence at 5x5 and especially the PP at a higher rate then Bouchard.
I agree on that but Bouchard is still young and he has way more potential than he's shown.

But.... We want to win now and we are desperate. If this can help us get Saros and help our blue line, I'm all for it

Reactions: guymez and Oil53

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
How much do the Oilers add to Bouchard to get Saros?

forget Campbell and Barrie for the moment.

• Haha
Reactions: ManByng

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

“We will see where this goes, including if the #Oilers look at one major trade to deal with multiples issues. For example, a goalie and a defenceman. Or, a goalie and a depth forward with some edge. Another thing to remember: Canada’s on a lot of no-trade lists.”

• Love
Reactions: McTonyBrar

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011

“We will see where this goes, including if the #Oilers look at one major trade to deal with multiples issues. For example, a goalie and a defenceman. Or, a goalie and a depth forward with some edge. Another thing to remember: Canada’s on a lot of no-trade lists.”

No one wants Campbell.

The only teams who I think might consider it would be SJ and Philly. Both are at the beginning of their rebuild. But it’s going to cost a pretty penny.

I doubt that teams like Montreal, Chicago, Anaheim etc would even consider it because they don’t want their teams held down for 3 years.

Probably gets bought out in the offseason.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018

Pretty much what he said on Oilers Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad