Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals Thread 2013-2014 | Part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
That is interesting. I am thinking that Conacher may be too much to give up for a rental, given his age contract status and ability to fill on all three lines, but I would not get mad if he was moved. It may take that much to win the bidding war for Moulson.

As you know I am Conacher's biggest fan but I don't think he has been given a fair shake here. MacLean prefers other players, it happens, if that is the case best to cut bait and move on. While I think it would be a mistake I don't make the decisions. I don't understand how Murray and Melynk think we can compete for the cup in the next two years, I would be doing the opposite, dumping some of vets and playing the young guys more.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
What good does trading for Moulson do? 6 months from now we will have less assets(Puempel, Pageau, etc. gone), either no playoffs or a 1st round exit and no Moulson because hes to expensive to re-sign.

Bad move.

83DIZ65

Sep 8, 2011
halifax
If Im the Sens GM I do this:

RECOGNIZE THIS TEAM IS NOT ****ING READY TO COMPETE!!!!!

Then I do this:

Spezza for best offer available (Shop him hard wait till the draft if I have to return must include either a very high end young player or a top 10 pick or both if nothing is offered at that level re-evaluate at next years deadline.)
Michalek for a 2nd or 3rd at the deadline.
Phillips for a 2nd or 3rd at the deadline.
Neil for a 2nd or 3rd at the deadline.
Shop Anderson around if a good return is there take it.
Corvo for bag of pucks.

Continue the re-build.......but instead ****it lets take a 3quarters done rebuilding team call it finished blow up the rest of our rebuild to take a swing now and fail... then suck again because our pipelines empty and we cant afford to keep all these UFA's were gonna have because we had to compete now........*SIGH*

Worst part is that if we did this we'd do this we'd actually probably be better with all the additions by subtraction...... not counting spezza in that statement.. If he goes it has to be for an excellent return for it not to be a short term loss mind you a short term loss for long term gains is more then worth while.

Last edited:

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
What good does trading for Moulson do? 6 months from now we will have less assets(Puempel, Pageau, etc. gone), either no playoffs or a 1st round exit and no Moulson because hes to expensive to re-sign.

Bad move.

Can't disagree just going by what Murray said about competing for a cup in the next two years.

83DIZ65

Sep 8, 2011
halifax
K there's just no way... completely assuming there was sarcasm involved?

Wishfull thinking haha.... nah but to be honest the oilers problem is a lack of grit and expeariance.......this trade probably serves them fairly well but I know the value isnt there.

83DIZ65

Sep 8, 2011
halifax
Too much for Eberle

Greening and Kassian plus a 6th round pick at most

Now clearly that is sarcasm....:laugh:

Ive got it Kassian straight up for Ovechkin.
make-it-so-captain.jpg

Marty Straka

HFBoards Senior Citizen
Aug 11, 2009
Toronto, ON
In the Sun they had our Top 3 Targets as Moulson, Callahan, and Hemsky... I would definitely be all over Callahan I think he'd be perfect alongside Spezza.

83DIZ65

Sep 8, 2011
halifax
In the Sun they had our Top 3 Targets as Moulson, Callahan, and Hemsky... I would definitely be all over Callahan I think he'd be perfect alongside Spezza.

Callahan is a good two way guy and a dump and chase player hed fit much better with zibby then spezza

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013

callahan would be perfect, thats if we could extend him, rangers are going to want a fortune and the only way we should pay it is if we think he wont ask for a crazy contract and if we can actually afford that contract going forward since we have to lock up significant pieces of our core in the next year and a bit

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Rene Borque was made available league wide today. I'd do Greening straight across for him. Borque makes about 500k more but has a shorter term and more offensive upside

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Rene Borque was made available league wide today. I'd do Greening straight across for him. Borque makes about 500k more but has a shorter term and more offensive upside

Bourque is just more of the same, but I would move Greening RFN because of that contract. Way too much for a budget team.

Clarke

Aug 21, 2008
Toronto
Yeah to get Callahan it will likely cost a lot more than Moulson for likely the same result at the end of the year.. between the two i go with Moulson.

John Holmes*

If Im the Sens GM I do this:

RECOGNIZE THIS TEAM IS NOT ****ING READY TO COMPETE!!!!!

Then I do this:

Spezza for best offer available (Shop him hard wait till the draft if I have to return must include either a very high end young player or a top 10 pick or both if nothing is offered at that level re-evaluate at next years deadline.)
Michalek for a 2nd or 3rd at the deadline.
Phillips for a 2nd or 3rd at the deadline.
Neil for a 2nd or 3rd at the deadline.
Shop Anderson around if a good return is there take it.
Corvo for bag of pucks.

Continue the re-build.......but instead ****it lets take a 3quarters done rebuilding team call it finished blow up the rest of our rebuild to take a swing now and fail... then suck again because our pipelines empty and we cant afford to keep all these UFA's were gonna have because we had to compete now........*SIGH*

Worst part is that if we did this we'd do this we'd actually probably be better with all the additions by subtraction...... not counting spezza in that statement.. If he goes it has to be for an excellent return for it not to be a short term loss mind you a short term loss for long term gains is more then worth while.

Great post.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I really hope Murray is targeting players he believes we have a good chance of re-signing. We are not contenders. Adding an expensive rental like Moulson only makes sense for us if we re-sign him.

If we're going to destroy our prospect depth to acquire an asset that will help us win games, I'd much rather overpay and get a player with years remaining on their current contract. It would be smarter for us to trade for a player like Glencross (2.55M through 14/15) instead of a player like Callahan, who could very well gut our prospect pool and then go to the highest bidder (which won't be us) on July 1st.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com

Bad move.

I think the idea behind it is that we have more NHL ready players than spots right now. Leaving guys like Pageau in Bingo is more of a waste than trading them in the sense that in a trade at least we get something back that could help right now.

I don't know if I fully agree with this direction, but that is what has apparently been decided. It is hard to know how serious management is about the whole competing now thing when they have not made a single trade since Ryan in the summer. It could all just be smoke and mirrors, or they could be waiting to closer to the trade deadline to save some cash in transactions where the payroll goes up. At this point who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad