Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals Thread 2013-2014 | Part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
So the solution for a team struggling to make the playoffs is to trade its best goal scorer?

didn't say trade, im just pointing out what I have been seeing, and im not the only one. Anything is possible though.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
Leading scorer of a team not even in the playoffs right now in the East, Were not exactly a team of snipers

We are currently tied for 10th in scoring. 9 goals behind for the 6th place with two games in hand.

We have a pretty good offensive team.

all of these teams are stacked together regarding goals scored (10 goals diff. between first and last 151-141):

Toronto
NY Islanders
Tampa Bay
Columbus
Dallas
Colorado
Ottawa
Winnipeg
Phoenix
Washington
Boston
Philadelphia

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
didn't say trade, im just pointing out what I have been seeing, and im not the only one. Anything is possible though.

You're not the only one of what? Disgruntled fans that want to trade someone in a goal scoring dry spell?

Malkin wasn't scoring goals at the start of the season, he had scored 4 goals in 26 games. I guess you would trade him too?

Last edited:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Again, I didn't say trade bobby ryan.... im not the only one that has seen him play badly. I suggested this had to do with the Olympic Snub.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Agreed, I think Moulson should be the top target. Love that top 9, although the Spezza line is weak defensively.

The Spezza line was actually playing well defensively with Greening and Condra. Spezza will get his points on the Power Play. We need to be focused on winning, not "what's best for Spezza" all the time.:) Remember how well we played when he wasn't in the lineup ? That's not Spezza's fault it's MacLean's for focusing so much on "who's go to play with Spezza". I say Spezza is fine and he will create opportunities Greening and Condra/Stone. 9MM-Spezza-Zibby may have looked dangerous at the end of last game but once again where a -1. Simple math says if our lines come out even or plus we tend to win games.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
Again, I didn't say trade bobby ryan.... im not the only one that has seen him play badly. I suggested this had to do with the Olympic Snub.

You have the right to your opinion.

Just as an FYI though, including "I'm not the only one" is not as validating as you may think. For example, a person may say "I wrap tin foil around my head so the aliens can't read my mind, and I stand on the street corner and yell at people. And I'm not the only one." Yes, the "I'm not the only one" part is true, but no it does not mean that this is a particularly wonderful world view.

Anyway, Ryan has been fine. He has had loads of chances, but they are not dropping for him at the moment. Once a couple start to go in for him he may have a 3 or 4 goal game. Goal scorers are like that. I don't worry at all about him, and I wont worry about him unless he stops getting those chances.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012

Just as an FYI though, including "I'm not the only one" is not as validating as you may think. For example, a person may say "I wrap tin foil around my head so the aliens can't read my mind, and I stand on the street corner and yell at people. And I'm not the only one." Yes, the "I'm not the only one" part is true, but no it does not mean that this is a particularly wonderful world view.

Anyway, Ryan has been fine. He has had loads of chances, but they are not dropping for him at the moment. Once a couple start to go in for him he may have a 3 or 4 goal game. Goal scorers are like that. I don't worry at all about him, and I wont worry about him unless he stops getting those chances.

He's not playing well right now, I say we start a thread *****ing about the trade and "dump all over him" :laugh:

WORLDSTARHIPHOP

Sens <<<<<<<<<< NHL
May 31, 2008
Leading scorer of a team not even in the playoffs right now in the East, Were not exactly a team of snipers

Delusional. We're a top offensive team, and he leads us in scoring. Guy doesn't score for 3 games and people want his head. Unreal fan base.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

..Me saying that "im not the only one" isn't my way of saying "I am correct". Fact is, I may not be correct, but I also might be

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Oilers are screwed, they ***** foot around because really they have no idea how to fix their team.

The biggest problem is development, it's awful top to bottom. They can turn out lower picks. It can't just be scouting which I think is probably another problem at the pro level.

Another problem is who wants to give up good defensemem for a winger.

Only teams I can see set up for that is Phoenix, LA, Chicago And teams like that and I'm sure they want to move him east.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I think people are overreacting to criticism. We're not saying 'TRADE BOBBY OMG' like most people do with Spezza -- we're just saying we'd like to see more of first 30 games Ryan as opposed to what he has been the last 10 - 15 games.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
I can't remember anything about TM being high on Conacher. Is that a guess of who we would move, or of who TM is known to like?

I thought the opposite it was Tim that wanted Conacher here. Conacher is not a Bryan Murray type of player, Murray is in the "big is better" camp with the other dinosaur Brian Burke. I may be wrong but I also know Conacher is a very popular former Buffalo area hockey player. If I was a GM Weircioch and Conacher are two skilled guys that with the proper opportunity could really blossom, I would be calling as well. The fit on this team just may not be there for these two, every coach has certain player types he prefers.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
I thought the opposite it was Tim that wanted Conacher here. Conacher is not a Bryan Murray type of player, Murray is in the "big is better" camp with the other dinosaur Brian Burke. I may be wrong but I also know Conacher is a very popular former Buffalo area hockey player. If I was a GM Weircioch and Conacher are two skilled guys that with the proper opportunity could really blossom, I would be calling as well. The fit on this team just may not be there for these two, every coach has certain player types he prefers.

That is interesting. I am thinking that Conacher may be too much to give up for a rental, given his age contract status and ability to fill on all three lines, but I would not get mad if he was moved. It may take that much to win the bidding war for Moulson.

83DIZ65

Sep 8, 2011
halifax
So I was thinking Pageau would be a likely target for TM as a part of a package if we pursued Moulson. Anyone have any other ideas of players that we would give up and that would be on TM's radar?

it'd be Pageau Weircioch and next years 2nd for Moulson....I think...not that I think hes actually worth that but because there will be a bidding war.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad