Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals Thread 2013-2014 | Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
**** I didnt mean to turn this into a mike fisher discussion at all, I was just saying out of all places he went to Nashville. And we got a good deal for him, of cource Nashville wanted him and carrie for marketing reasons. Im just saying id bet regardless of other slightly, and I mean slighty, better deals on the table he was gonna go to Nashville. B.Murrays a good guy, so is mike Fisher. Buy lets get the conversation back to Spezza, this all stemed from the statement 'we cant trade him because we just named him captain' or stuff like 'hes been here forever'..If Murray wont pull the trigger for those reasons I would be pissed, if your playing like garbage get the hell out of Ottawa. This guy is a cancer to our team..not ttrading him because of his salary makes a lot of sense on a buget team. But im at the point where I thinks its worth it to take on some cash to get this guy out.

The Sens win one game without Spezza, and now he is a cancer to the team.

great

Apr 4, 2003
Embrun, ON
There are also limited NTC's/NMC's, which can mean that the player is required submit a list of 'x' teams periodically that they would be willing to accept a trade to (or a list of team they would accept a trade to). Looks like Chris Phillips has one of those.

Berserker*

So if we trade Spezza, we need to factor in the teams that he would likely waive his no trade clause for. The following are the teams that I think he might consider being traded to and the potential trade targets from those teams.

Highly Likely To Waive His No Trade Clause For

LA Kings
Trade Targets: Mike Richards, Kyle Clifford, Matt Greene, Slava Voynov, 2015 1st

Vancouver Canucks
Trade Targets: Ryan Kesler, Kevin Bieksa, Zack Kassian, Bo Horvat, 2015 1st

Chicago Blackhawks
Trade Targets: Marian hossa, Patrick Sharp, Andrew Shaw, Brandon Saad, Mark McNeil, 2015 1st

St Louis Blues
Trade Targets: David Backes, T.J. Oshie, Chris Stewart, Kevin Shattenkirk, Jaden Schwartz, 2015 1st

Pittsburgh Penguins
Trade Targets: James Neal, Kris Letang, Brooks Orpik, Brandon Sutter, Beau Bennett, 2015 1st

Potentially Willing to Waive His No Trade Clause For

Philadelphia Flyers
Trade Targets: Wayne Simmonds, Jakub Voracek, Sean Couturier, Brayden Schenn, Samuel Morin, Scott Laughton, 2015 1st

New York Rangers
Trade Targets: Ryan Callahan, Derek Stepan, Derek Brassard, Derek Dorsett, J.T. Miller, Chris Kreider, Ryan McDonagh, Dan Girardi, Marc Staal, 2015 1st

Colorado Avalanche
Trade Targets: Ryan O'Reilly, Matt Duchene, Gabriel Landeskog, Nathan Mackinnon, Erik Johnson, Duncan Siemens, 2015 1st

Winnipeg Jets
Trade Targets: Evander Kane, Dustin Byfuglien, Andrew Ladd, Zach Bogosian, 2015 1st

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Eriksson, Tanguay, Bouwmeester, Nash, Cole, Clowe, Gaborik all had NTC's and were all traded.

Berserker*

you forgot the number one team he would want to play for

The Leafs? I tired to only put teams that we might also consider trading him to. I just don't see any scenario in which he is traded to the Leafs unless they are willing to pay double market value.

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
A rapidly declining player with a bad back, serious defensive deficiencies and a monster contract may hold far less trade value than many on here would like to believe.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Been awhile since I posted in a legitimate thread.

Spezza's value to the Sens is a lot higher than his current trading value. I wouldn't say GM's are skeptical to trade for him because he's the best center on more than half of the teams in the NHL. That said, they'd be wary to part with any substantial assets.

John Holmes*

Toronto has a few players I'd try to get.

Kadri or Rielly would be a great principal return for Spezza, but do the Leafs actually trade one of those guys away?

Why would the Flyers ever give up Simmonds? Why would the Jets give up Kane?

Or Colorado giving up Landeskog for Spezza? That's laughable.

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
We should not be resigning Spezza. He is a ****ing liability. Trade him away. He makes the whole team ****tier. Its taken me years to admit it but the dude is done. He is only going to regress at this point in his career. He doesn't fit the style Maclean wants. They should salvage some value from him and move on. The sens are trying to be a hard nose blue collar team. Ryan, Macaurthur, Zibanejad, Conacher.... These guys fit the mold. Spezza is just not worth it. Last year was a great success without him. IF people cant see that this guy needs to go than they need to blow themselves up.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
We should not be resigning Spezza. He is a ****ing liability. Trade him away. He makes the whole team ****tier. Its taken me years to admit it but the dude is done. He is only going to regress at this point in his career. He doesn't fit the style Maclean wants. They should salvage some value from him and move on. The sens are trying to be a hard nose blue collar team. Ryan, Macaurthur, Zibanejad, Conacher.... These guys fit the mold. Spezza is just not worth it. Last year was a great success without him. IF people cant see that this guy needs to go than they need to blow themselves up.

Spezza on his game fits this system perfectly hell we need more high end players

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Can't wait to see you hiding in your closet when Spezza goes on a long point streak.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
A rapidly declining player with a bad back, serious defensive deficiencies and a monster contract may hold far less trade value than many on here would like to believe.

He only makes $4m in actual salary next season, and then his contract expires. That is in no way at all a monster contract.

I also wouldnt characterize his play as having serious defensive deficiencies. He's not a hero defensively, but he's not a mongtard either.

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
He only makes $4m in actual salary next season, and then his contract expires. That is in no way at all a monster contract.

I also wouldnt characterize his play as having serious defensive deficiencies. He's not a hero defensively, but he's not a mongtard either.

His cap hit is onerous for a contending team and I can't believe you can defend his defense after watching him this season. Hell, if I knew what a mongtard was I'd probably say he was one of those.

Last edited:

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
Can't wait to see you hiding in your closet when Spezza goes on a long point streak.

It wont make a difference if he goes on a point streak because A) he will be a minus over that entire time and B) you need to think long term. I just dont see him as a long term option for this team. Every year he plays more stationary and he regresses in his play (as is expected with someone at his age with a history of back issues). Im not one to flip flop all the time and say trade player X when they aren't performing and make them untouchable when they are. But I just don't think Spezza is good for this team.

That being said you dont want to give him away for absolutely nothing but I wouldnt be all that picky

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Isn't the internet wonderful?

On the plus side, after years of reading various forums, I now understand why democracy has failed when everyone's voice is heard equally.

Its ridiculous. I understand some of the criticism Spezza has been getting this year, he deserves to be criticized. His play hasn't been up to his standards, and some nights he hurts the team more then he helps which isn't acceptable for a top line center with the biggest contract on the team.

But to suggest that he's a cancer, or isn't a good leader without any evidence whatsoever is utter nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad