Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals Thread 2013-2014 | Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Yes but why?

Typically, well run organizations like the Blues keep potentially appreciable assets under contract; to make use of themselves or parlay into other assets. Yet they let Mr. Hjalmarsson walk out the door after spending a 2nd on him?

Was it, like Bonk vaguely recalls, his choice?

What has changed in the wispy Swede since establishing himself in the SEL?

He was projected as a second or third liner and a reach for where he was selected; has he really exceeded those projections enough to be considered a first line option in the NHL?

If you believe so, how have you made this determination?

We made him an offer, he didn't want to come to North America at that point and we stopped pushing the offer and just lost his rights. The problem is that he is a toothpick, we wanted a greater say in his development so we didn't sign him and let him stay in Europe. He will absolutely need to put on weight or he'll just get worn down.

He is a better offensive player than Söderberg, but not as strong 2-way play and that will suffer more because of the above.

I think he'd be a good NHL player, but it will take time. Still only 2nd line upside really.

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
Jason Spezza + Cory Conacher to San Jose for Logan Couture + Martin Havlat(20% salary retained).

Michalek-Couture-Ryan
MacArthur-Turris-Zibanejad
Greening-Pageau-Havlat
Condra-Smith-Neil

There, that should get things rolling in here.

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
Jason Spezza + Cory Conacher to San Jose for Logan Couture + Martin Havlat(20% salary retained).

Michalek-Couture-Ryan
Greening-Pageau-Havlat
Condra-Smith-Neil

I'd love couture obviously but why San Jose would ever trade him is beyond me

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
We made him an offer, he didn't want to come to North America at that point and we stopped pushing the offer and just lost his rights. The problem is that he is a toothpick, we wanted a greater say in his development so we didn't sign him and let him stay in Europe. He will absolutely need to put on weight or he'll just get worn down.

He is a better offensive player than Söderberg, but not as strong 2-way play and that will suffer more because of the above.

I think he'd be a good NHL player, but it will take time. Still only 2nd line upside really.

Neato. Thank you for the briefing.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005

Michalek-Couture-Ryan
Greening-Pageau-Havlat
Condra-Smith-Neil

Hmmm San Jose is NOT trading Couture for anyone. Of almost every team in the NHL... They need a big playmaking centre the least. In fact even after losing Couture, they need a big playmaking centre the least except probably the Penguins.

Trade makes no sense whatsoever for the Sharks. Also makes little sense in that many teams could use a big playmaking, goal scoring 1st line centre, the Sharks have more than they can use at centre.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Would have been nice to suck next year instead of this year, with no 1st rounder it's depressing to think there's nothing exciting to look forward to... :(

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Would have been nice to suck next year instead of this year, with no 1st rounder it's depressing to think there's nothing exciting to look forward to... :(

Even if we had the 1st, i still would not be looking froward to the draft. Isn't it considered one of the weakest drafts to date? Beyond the top 3, there is nothing really to get excited for.

Ahnotamoose

May 31, 2011
Montreal
Even if we had the 1st, i still would not be looking froward to the draft. Isn't it considered one of the weakest drafts to date? Beyond the top 3, there is nothing really to get excited for.

I'd say top 5 (Reinhart, Ekblad, Dal Colle, Nylander, Draisaitl) then it isn't very spectacular. Most drafts are like this though.

With all the hype it's getting, the 2015 draft looks incredibly top heavy as well. Top 5 all have higher potential (right now) than 2014 top draftees, but after that it looks the same as 2014.

All IMO.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I wonder if Nashville would go for something around Karlsson and Weber.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I wonder if Nashville would go for something around Karlsson and Weber.

Probably a spite post but ill bite.

Thats a backwards move for the Sens and I doubt Nashville is looking to make trade thats Weber+.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Nashville has been a team searching for a #1 C since they entered the league. How about Spezza + for Weber?

If we move Spezza we'd be the team searching for a #1 C though. Unless you want to move Karlsson for a #1 C and Spezza for Weber.

I could get behind something along those lines.

Spezza + Stone to Nashville for Weber

Karlsson to Colorado for Duchene

Conacher - Duchene - Zibanejad
MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Michalek - Pageau - Condra
Greening - Smith - Neil

Cowen - Weber (yikes)
Methot - Ceci
Phillips/Borowiecki - Wiercioch/Corvo/Gryba

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Karlsson isn't the player to trade. He's a very rare type of player most franchises have never even had in their history. We got something special and he's only 23.

Im biting again

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I am not jumping on the "trade spezza" bandwagon, but it is getting to the point where i would not care if he is traded or not.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Karlsson isn't the player to trade. He's a very rare type of player most franchises have never even had in their history. We got something special and he's only 23.

Im biting again

It's not a biting thing. I'm starting to think that people are right. It's hard to be a winning team when your best players are players that play like Karlsson and Spezza. They are complementary pieces IMO. They need insulation.

That will be harder to do with Karlsson than Spezza though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad