Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals Thread 2013-2014 | Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Well considering your very poor view of Spezza it's not saying much when you say Karlsson is better than Spezza in all those categories!!! Karlsson's +/- is still minus 11 and pretty crappy. He may be a generational talent on offense but he is not close to being the best defensive Dman on the Senators. If he was he would be on the ice in the last minute killing a penalty against the Bruins instead of a rookie like Ceci.

It is not what I am saying... it is a statistical fact and all you have to do is watch an entire game from start to finish to realize that the statistics don't lie.

If the coach did not trust Karlsson to be on the ice, he would not have the most ice time on the team. He breaks out of our zone better than any player on our team. That alone means better defense. Ceci is going to be a hell of a player, but he is nowhere near Karlsson and never will be. They will however make a heck of a 1st pp pairing. I don't hate Spezza... loved him as a player for a lot of seasons, even when he was making the same mistakes over and over. But the time has come where he needs to put up or shut up and move on.

thefatjesus*

Cujomi you really got to put that Spezza vs Karlsson stuff to rest, theres not one person on here who has agreed with this total assbackwards argument/comparison so why arnt you getting it? Everyone is telling you how stupid it is..well, because its stupid. the two arnt even worth comparing, ones 23 and ones 30..like **** man. One will continue to improve from this point in his career, one will continue to regress at this point in his career. Lets just put it to rest to stop the embarrassment.. if you dont get it by now you never will. Why dont you compare Spezzas 200 ft game to Turris, Zib, Pageau, and Smiths? would make a little more sense dont you think? or you can compare karlsson to Cowen, Wiercioch, Philips..ect. Nothing you say makes spezza any better or the reasons for keeping him valid.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Micheal Frolik would be a great addition. He can be on the pk and provide offence on the 3rd line with Zibanajad. He has 22 points so far with a cap hit of 1.9 mil

Greening + 3rd for Frolik

Apparently Frolik is on their first line because the chemistry is so good so they aren't moving him.

I think a Greening for Setoguchi could be a good trade. Seto is much better offensively, makes about the same money, but is expiring. He also has a lot of upside left I think.

So we could get out of Colins contract and potentially find a long term top 9 guy for us.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Cujomi you really got to put that Spezza vs Karlsson stuff to rest, theres not one person on here who has agreed with this total assbackwards argument/comparison so why arnt you getting it? Everyone is telling you how stupid it is..well, because its stupid. the two arnt even worth comparing, ones 23 and ones 30..like **** man. One will continue to improve from this point in his career, one will continue to regress at this point in his career. Lets just put it to rest to stop the embarrassment.. if you dont get it by now you never will. Why dont you compare Spezzas 200 ft game to Turris, Zib, Pageau, and Smiths? would make a little more sense dont you think? or you can compare karlsson to Cowen, Wiercioch, Philips..ect. Nothing you say makes spezza any better or the reasons for keeping him valid.

Karlsson has been bad this year, so has Spezza. I think that's the comparison.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008

This way of thinking is so hilariously flawed

Othello*

Apparently Frolik is on their first line because the chemistry is so good so they aren't moving him.

I think a Greening for Setoguchi could be a good trade. Seto is much better offensively, makes about the same money, but is expiring. He also has a lot of upside left I think.

So we could get out of Colins contract and potentially find a long term top 9 guy for us.
Yea i would do Greening plus a small piece for seto but it also depends on how much he will sign for.

thefatjesus*

Karlsson has been bad this year, so has Spezza. I think that's the comparison.

to me that's irrelevant in Spezza trade talk. Looking to his motives - would anyone here really trade karlsson? no. Would anyone here really trade Spezza? yes. Yes karlssons been bad, im not saying that.. but I don't see the reason to bring him up when someone wants Spezza out - that's exactly how you deflect the issue to other things. if that's the case whenever you say any player is playing bad and you want to trade him (lets say greening for an example) ill just say 'ya but karlssons been bad, milos been bad, condras been bad, Spezzas been bad' - see how what I said just theres is ****ing stupid? "trade one poor defensive/offensive player" should not result in "well if that's the case, trade all our poor offensive/defensive players"..if that works we wouldn't have much of a team left over lol

Last edited by a moderator:

thefatjesus*

This way of thinking is so hilariously flawed

enlighten me. I didn't say continue to the point of God like and regress to the point of turd sandwhich. If it isn't safe to assume karlsson may get better than he is now moving from 23-28, and spezza may continue to stay the same or regress from 30-38, than im just a dumbass I guess.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
enlighten me. I didn't say continue to the point of God like and regress to the point of turd sandwhich. If it isn't safe to assume karlsson may get better than he is now moving from 23-28, and spezza may continue to stay the same or regress from 30-38, than im just a dumbass I guess.

Yeah, Spezza will probably regress overall when he's 38. But its pretty clear that this is just a bad year he's having, with a horrendous start, along with the entire team. He might have peaked already, but by no means is he going down hill. As for Karlsson, this may very well be the best he ever gets (which is obviously no slight against him). Lots of players peak in their first few seasons.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
to me that's irrelevant in Spezza trade talk. Looking to his motives - would anyone here really trade karlsson? no. Would anyone here really trade Spezza? yes, many people. Yes karlssons been bad, im not saying that.. but I don't see the reason to bring him up when someone wants Spezza out - that's exactly how you deflect the issue to other things. if that's the case whenever you say any player is playing bad and you want to trade him (lets say greening for an example) ill just say 'ya but karlssons been bad, milos been bad, condras been bad, Spezzas been bad' - see how what I said just theres is ****ing stupid? trade one poor defensive/offensive player should result in "well if that's the case, trade all our poor offensive/defensive players"..if that works we wouldn't have much of a team left over lol

Exactly. It's all just a really lousy deflection technique. Sadly, if he repeats it often enough, chances are some people will begin to fall for it. :shakehead

I haven't heard anyone trying to claim that Karlsson has been brilliant defensively, or that his defensive game has been acceptable this year.

But, at least Karlsson has been out there hustling most of the time and trying to make things happen. Which is more than I can say for a lot of guys on this team, including #19.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Colin Greening is what...2 hits behind Neil? He must be a crusher of souls. Defencemen always have more blocked shots, and he is 4th among defencemen in blocked shots behind guys he spends nearly 10 minutes a night more on the ice than. Again, Spezza has 4 less takeaways in 2 less games playing 10 minutes a night less than Karlsson.

But yes, Spezza is soft as melted butter, and Karlsson is an iron wall of defence.

You're the one claiming Karlsson is soft. The stats, and the eye test watching the games, prove he isn't.

When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.

thefatjesus*

Yeah, Spezza will probably regress overall when he's 38. But its pretty clear that this is just a bad year he's having, with a horrendous start, along with the entire team. He might have peaked already, but by no means is he going down hill. As for Karlsson, this may very well be the best he ever gets (which is obviously no slight against him). Lots of players peak in their first few seasons.

Well that wasnt very enlightening, everhthing you say here is a matter of opinion and prediction. I flat out disagree, we project their careers to move differently. So i stand correct not corrected.....until the future wooooaahahhaooa

thefatjesus*

Exactly. It's all just a really lousy deflection technique. Sadly, if he repeats it often enough, chances are some people will begin to fall for it. :shakehead

I haven't heard anyone trying to claim that Karlsson has been brilliant defensively, or that his defensive game has been acceptable this year.

But, at least Karlsson has been out there hustling most of the time and trying to make things happen. Which is more than I can say for a lot of guys on this team, including #19.

I dub thee Genius

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
It is not what I am saying... it is a statistical fact and all you have to do is watch an entire game from start to finish to realize that the statistics don't lie.

Uh...the statistics you are quoting directly refute the agenda you are trying to push.

Just saying.

You're the one claiming Karlsson is soft. The stats, and the eye test watching the games, prove he isn't.

When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.

It was sarcasm. Pretty much everyone outside of the people in Ottawa that view Karlsson as a demi-god see him as soft and poor defensively. Not sure how I'm digging a holy by being realistic.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
when we played the Blues, I thought it was funny what the Blues keys to the game were, and the way he played that game, it won't change the next time we play them

pcSAUJ2.jpg

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Karlsson has definitly caused more goals against for us than Spezza

The defense has a whole needs to be better. I still laugh at ppl who don't want to trade for a defenseman like del zotto cause they dont think he is necessary. At this point I am willing to trade a struggling d for another struggling d to see if a change in scenery will work

thefatjesus*

Well that wasnt very enlightening, everhthing you say here is a matter of opinion and prediction. I flat out disagree, we project their careers to move differently. So i stand correct not corrected

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Well that wasnt very enlightening, everhthing you say here is a matter of opinion and prediction. I flat out disagree, we project their careers to move differently. So i stand correct not corrected

U are doing the same thing he is :s

thefatjesus*

This whole post just screams irony :laugh:

Thats why i said we project their careers to move differently, as in we have different opinions. I thought we was gonna parachute in with objective fact, but he used his opinion as well. You really think I dont know its my opinion, ****ing people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad