Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals Thread 2013-2014 | Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Holmes*

Andy burned pretty much every bridge back to the state of Colorado on his way out there.

They are not bringing him back.

You never know. You could have wrote this exact same sentence about Corvo and Ottawa.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Too early to decide. See where we are near the trade deadline.

This could be best option.

An unproven Bishop got us Conacher. A team that desperately need goaltending could offer something huge for Anderson.

Thinking back to last goalies that got dealt at deadline...

An average/good goalie in Smith was center piece in deal that netted Stars Richards.
A below average Roloson for 1st round and conditional pick
An good(not great) Huet for 2nd round pick(and ppl thought it was horrible trade)
Bishop for Conacher

I unno if any more.

Anderson would have to be playing top-notch netminding if we want big return though and only way we make the deal is if Lehner playing very well too.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
To be honest, it's a difficult thing to ponder.

This league has shown you need 2 capable goalies. I don't know if management want to give Lehner the ball and hope he flies with it. Although he does look more than capable.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Edmonton needs a great goalie, Dubnyk is crap.

Same with Islanders, Nabokov is like 38 years old, and Tampa who's got two sub-par goalies.

I bet we could get something good from these teams.

krapsik

Nov 13, 2009
Estonia
If we miss PO (which is guaranteed, if we play like now), Anderson is first player i'd trade at deadline. Next one is Michalek

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Keep both unless someone offers the moom for lehner. If someone offers a legit 2-3-4 defencemen for anderson in a package i'd trade him other wise i say we put him on back up duties and see if lehner is legit.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
I think the idea of moving a goalie right now is downright silly. We have a great goaltending tandem, and I see no point to blowing up what should be a team strength. Case in point, Andy was not at the top of his game last night so we stuck in Lehner to hold us in for a little while and see if things turn around. What happens if Andy is gone and Lehner goes into the tank for a 5-10 game stretch? It happens, which is why it is so critical to have a good backup. Injuries also happen. Plus the entire idea of taking a hyped up rookie with little NHL experience and expecting to ride him for a season is pretty much the Leafs goaltending model of their non-playoff teams over the past decade. Let's assume we want to aspire to a higher level of success than that.

If we did decide to trade a goalie, which is a big if, next summer would be an ok time to do it. That gives us an entire season to see whether Lehner is ready to carry the ball.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Outsiders Point of View

Longtime Ranger fan but with family located in Orleans been watching and following your Sens for many years and think I have a pretty good perspective of your boys. Here's my thoughts on subject:

I sense some paranoia here from quite a few of you as if handing the reigns over to Lehner could backfire. I digress 1000%. Lehner is ready fellas. Nothing against Anderson but Lehner looks like he could easily take over right this moment from Anderson and not only wouldn't the teams goaltending not skip a beat, it would be better. He's' got all the physical tools and most importantly, he now has the mental makeup to be the #1. I recall a couple of years ago he was somewhat of a hot head and a "me type guy". Seems from everything I've read and seen, that me type selfish stuff is over with and he's all about team. He's better than Anderson...simple as that.

Of all the goalies in the entire league that do not have the starting gig yet, Lehner looks to me as if he's most ready to flourish. I've watched him play a dozen or so times via NHL Center Ice, he's the real deal and a ton more talented than Anderson who though has been very good since coming to Ottawa is not even in the same zip code as far as talent is concerned.

Anyways, you guys have a gem on your hand in my view and an awesome problem to have. IMO, it's not even a question in my mind from what I've seen, that once Lehner gets the gig, he's going to be a Top 5 goalie going forward and probably a Vezina quite likely will be in the kids future as well.

That said and no I'm not his agent though I wish I was(I can see talent though) and though I think there is something to be said about the security of knowing you have two solid tenders, if you could find the right partner, trading Anderson before his contract comes up and while he still has quite a bit of value would be the right thing to do.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
Trade him at the draft for either top 4 D man + low picks or Anderson + for a top pick

The Fuhr*

There is no goaltending market.
I don't expect to get anything great and if Anderson returns to earth this year with his career .915sv% he will just be a middle of the pack starter

The Fuhr*

Oilers fans are something else... "Anderson wouldn't make sense for us" :facepalm:

Anderson is like 6-10 years older then the core of the team... I'm sure if they were in the goaltending market they'd want someone who can grow with the team as the roster matures.

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
I feel that anderson should be traded after this year before his contract expires. Lehner will have the experience of this year under his belt and he is already a rock solid tender.

Also, Since the team is developing Zibanejad as a center I think we should trade Spezza. He is just ALWAYS injured. Turris is getting better and better each year and if he continues to mesh with Ryan, theres no telling what could happen.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
I personally think after this year, Anderson could be traded, but not now.

I personally feel people are absolutely crazy if they think Lehner is proven at this point. I am totally happy to have Lehner be our starter, but I think he needs to prove he can be a starter (this statement doesn't mean I don't think he will, he just needs to do it and be allowed to take over). Until that happens, Andy has to stay. I want a healthy goalie tandem, and after 5 games, why trade it all away.

That being said, if the Sens were being offered something absolutely amazing for Anderson, then go for it! I just don't see that happening. And we'd need a #2/3 D man + in return.

Since that won't happen, keep Andy for this year, have Lehner move towards being the starter (if not this year, then next), and then consider trading Andy after Lehner has actually been in the NHL for a full year.

Last edited:

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Anderson is like 6-10 years older then the core of the team... I'm sure if they were in the goaltending market they'd want someone who can grow with the team as the roster matures.

That doesn't sound like it would be very effective in the short term unless you have a very special young netminder in mind...young prodigies are few and far between. A solid vet presence to hold things down back there would be a boon for them I'd think. Let the kids in front of him relax a bit and maybe win some more games, gain some confidence, let them grow effectively.

The Fuhr*

That doesn't sound like it would be very effective in the short term unless you have a very special young netminder in mind...young prodigies are few and far between. A solid vet presence to hold things down back there would be a boon for them I'd think. Let the kids in front of him relax a bit and maybe win some more games, gain some confidence, let them grow effectively.

And then when the goalie is to old and the teams hitting there prime, they will lack a goalie... Seems counter productive.

If I was them and wanted a vet I'd just sign Bryzgalov.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
I can't believe some of you want Anderson gone.

What if Lehner get's injured??? What if he flops if he can't handle 50 games?? :amazed:

Then the same people will be saying why did we trade Anderson, for a Draft pick???? :shakehead

GM's would die for this situation, enjoy it while it lasts!

shootingrubber

Oct 7, 2010
This fanbase: :facepalm:

Get a grip guys. After 5 games this board has gone into a complete frenzy with panic, paranoia, and downright stupidity.

Trade Andy? After 5 games into the season? :biglaugh:

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
And then when the goalie is to old and the teams hitting there prime, they will lack a goalie... Seems counter productive.

If I was them and wanted a vet I'd just sign Bryzgalov.

A two pronged approach:

1. Vet stop gap
2. Develop a young tender in the minors to take over when the vet is toast.

They have neither a solid vet nor much hope from the prospect core right now.

In any case, I think it would be much better for the kids on their roster to have a chance of tasting a modicum of success in the short term rather than continue with the sieve-like status quo.

Bryz is not exactly the ideal of stability. Not sure how wise it would be to inject him into the Oilers lineup.

(ps. this is not an official 'trade Andy' stamp of approval, just talkin' bout Oilers.)

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
This fanbase: :facepalm:

Get a grip guys. After 5 games this board has gone into a complete frenzy with panic, paranoia, and downright stupidity.

Trade Andy? After 5 games into the season? :biglaugh:

With respect, you've had to know that this would be coming at some point. The shaky play to start the season has seen a few folks hit the panic button prematurely sure, but I think trading Andy should happen at some point in the very near future (within a year) if we want maximize his value.

Last edited:

The Fuhr*

When we got Anderson he was coming off 33GP .897sv% for the Avs... He has a career .915sv%

Bryzgalov off a terrible year for Philly put up a .900sv% in 40GP and has a career .913sv% (has played 100 more games then Anderson)

Not sure why anyone would pay highly for Anderson when Bryzgalov can be had for free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad