Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals Thread 2013-2014 | Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
You forgot:

Craig MacTavish is GM and the fact that Anderson could actually make them a playoff team. Seriously with a good goalie that team looks so much better.

Yeah, I just put "desperate to make the playoffs" as a general catch-all point for all that. Desperate GM who wants to make a statement this year, fans who might be getting tired of the rebuild and may tune out if there's no playoff hockey this year, etc...

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Goalies generally don't get much of a return in trades. We made out like freaking bandits in the Bishop trade last year. If we trade Anderson, chances are we'd get less than what Tampa gave us.

Not worth it, unless Andy decides he doesn't want to re-sign with us and someone wants to pick him up next season as a rental.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Why not make it a blockbuster while we are at it?

:sens
Craig Anderson
Milan Michalek
Stephane Da Costa
2015 2nd

for

:flyers
Wayne Simmonds
Jakub Voracek
Ray Emery

Haha, I'd do that trade every day of the week, plus twice on Sundays and statutory holidays.

The only - and I mean ONLY - reason Philly would ever even consider doing that deal in the slightest is "because Holmgren". Any sane GM would laugh and hang up on us.

Berserker*

"Probably" looking for a goalie:
* Edmonton (probably our best target right now - out of conference, desperate to make the playoffs, Dubnyk sucks arse)
* NY Islanders (Nabokov is a placeholder, Snow might want to pull the trigger on a more permanent solution for them in nets? Also: Andy is cost-controlled for 1.5 seasons, so it's a good fit in that sense)
* Philadelphia (Holmgren built that team. 'Nuff said.)
* Pittsburgh (pros: Andy's cheap contract can fit into their cap structure if we take back equivalent money, they're playing for a cup this year and Andy might be the only piece they're missing, they desperately need consistency in nets... cons: what do they do with Andy once Vokoun comes back? Will they really want 3 NHL goalies under contract? Will they be comfortable paying Fleury all those millions to be a 3rd stringer?)
* Quebec (that team hasn't had good goaltending since... like, 1996)

"May be" looking for a goalie, depending on circumstances
:
* Buffalo (if they find a home for Miller)
* Winnipeg (might be interested if they're close to a playoff spot by the deadline and decide Pavelec isn't the guy to get them there)

Teams that you think might be in the market for a goalie, but probably aren't:
* Calgary (they seem dedicated to the rebuild, they're not bringing any players in who aren't a 5-7 year asset for them)
* Florida (if Thomas is injured, you'd think they might be in the market for a goalie, but the Panthers are balls this year, so they'll probably just play Markstrom and hope he gets enough experience and grows his game)

Ok, so we should focus on the Islanders, Flyers, Penguins and Oilers as trade targets.

:isles
Kyle Okoposo
+Matt Martin or Cal Clutterbuck

Wayne Simmonds or Jakub Voracek or Braydon Couburn

:pens
James Neal or Kris Letang

:edmonton
Taylor Hall or Jordan Eberle or Neil Yakupov or Ladislav Smid

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Ok, so we should focus on the Islanders, Flyers, Penguins and Oilers as trade targets.

:isles
Kyle Okoposo
+Matt Martin or Cal Clutterbuck

Wayne Simmonds or Jakub Voracek or Braydon Couburn

:pens
James Neal or Kris Letang

:edmonton
Taylor Hall or Jordan Eberle or NeilNail Yakupov or Ladislav Smid

The bolded names are all completely unrealistic trade targets, unless we're adding, and even then in most cases I doubt it.

Berserker*

Haha, I'd do that trade every day of the week, plus twice on Sundays and statutory holidays.

The only - and I mean ONLY - reason Philly would ever even consider doing that deal in the slightest is "because Holmgren". Any sane GM would laugh and hang up on us.

I was thinking that now would be the perfect time to try and make a trade with Philly. They just fired Laviollette and Holmgren might just be crazy enough to bite on a ridiculous trade at this point.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Think about why we say these teams are trade targets. Then think about what our goalie situation would be if we traded one of ours.

See a similarity? It makes zero sense to discuss this until we have another Bishop available in the organization.

Berserker*

The bolded names are all completely unrealistic trade targets, unless we're adding, and even then in most cases I doubt it.

Ok, well we are making progress on narrowing down on trade targets. What kind of package do you think we would have to add with Anderson to get both Simmonds and Cobourn?

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa
Phillys problem isnt in net, Mason has been great for them...

Dont trade Anderson to the Pens :\

Oilers or any other west team is who we want Anderson to go too.

Steve Mason:
2012-13 Philadelphia Flyers NHL 7 1 0 378 12 0 0 1.90 4 2 0 203 0.944 - - -
2013-14 Philadelphia Flyers NHL 4 0 0 237 8 0 0 2.03 1 3 0 116 0.935

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Ok, well we are making progress on narrowing down on trade targets. What kind of package do you think we would have to add with Anderson to get both Simmonds and Cobourn?

No idea. I can't even fathom trying to get inside Holmgren's head to figure out what he's thinking.

It might take Spezza + Methot, or it might take a ham sandwich. I legit could not even speculate with that guy, lol.

Berserker*

No idea. I can't even fathom trying to get inside Holmgren's head to figure out what he's thinking.

It might take Spezza + Methot, or it might take a ham sandwich. I legit could not even speculate with that guy, lol.

:laugh: that's hilarious.

Ok, well what other top 4 d targets did you have in mind?

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
:laugh: that's hilarious.

Ok, well what other top 4 d targets did you have in mind?

Still think Edmonton makes the most sense in an Anderson trade as far as targets go, but they're so thin on the blueline that they won't send us a defenceman back in return for Andy, which is what I would want.

If I were GM (which is probably an awful, awful idea, but let's run with that hypothetical scenario), I'd look at trading Andy to Edmonton for a forward/ draft pick, and then flipping that forward/ draft pick to another team for help on the blueline. In that scenario, you can probably really open up the number of trade partners you have for a defenceman.

connor macdavid

Press Box Rat
Dec 24, 2008
Ottawa
I could see Anderson returning to Colorado. New coaching staff, different vibe in the organization.

Yeah I think Andy would be HARD-PRESSED for playing time in CGY with the likes of Karri Ramo and Joey Macdonald ahead of him :p

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa
I could see Anderson returning to Colorado. New coaching staff, different vibe in the organization.

Yeah I think Andy would be HARD-PRESSED for playing time in CGY with the likes of Karri Ramo and Joey Macdonald ahead of him :p

Dude they traded quite abit for Varlamov, and hes been awesome..Most teams are fine in goal, even CGY. Macdonald has been good.

Edmonton is one of the only teams that are desperate for a goalie.

Berserker*

Still think Edmonton makes the most sense in an Anderson trade as far as targets go, but they're so thin on the blueline that they won't send us a defenceman back in return for Andy, which is what I would want.

If I were GM (which is probably an awful, awful idea, but let's run with that hypothetical scenario), I'd look at trading Andy to Edmonton for a forward/ draft pick, and then flipping that forward/ draft pick to another team for help on the blueline. In that scenario, you can probably really open up the number of trade partners you have for a defenceman.

That is an interesting strategy. We may have to wait until the trade deadline until any big name top 4 d men become available, so your strategy may be the most optimal solution.

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
I think most Sens fans would say "yes" to trading Anderson at some point between the 2014 draft and the 2015 trade deadline, but very few would say yes to trading him now.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Goalies generally don't get much of a return in trades. We made out like freaking bandits in the Bishop trade last year. If we trade Anderson, chances are we'd get less than what Tampa gave us.

Not worth it, unless Andy decides he doesn't want to re-sign with us and someone wants to pick him up next season as a rental.

Something tells me Edmonton will offer more than Ryan Jones and a 2nd (what they offered for Bishop).

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Fantasy question from a Canucks fan: Just picked up Lehner in my pool. Is there a chance he just flat out wins the starting job any time soon? I know Anderson has been great and all, but the numbers Lehner finished with last season and his results in his couple games this season are insane! Surely he's making a statement with his play to the coaching staff/managment that can't go ignored, right?

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Fantasy question from a Canucks fan: Just picked up Lehner in my pool. Is there a chance he just flat out wins the starting job any time soon? I know Anderson has been great and all, but the numbers Lehner finished with last season and his results in his couple games this season are insane! Surely he's making a statement with his play to the coaching staff/managment that can't go ignored, right?

I think the best case scenario for him this year is a 50/50 platoon situation. And that's if the team gets desperate.

The organization really doesn't want to rush him into a heavy workload.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Keep both of them and have one of the best duos in the league.

When Andy's contract expires let him leave and have Lehner take over as our starter, if he hasn't already.

John Holmes*

Trade both of them!

Bring up Lawson and fire SPezza. Don't even trade Spezza, just fire him.

Then beg anaheim to trade back the first round pick. Offer up Chris Phillips' first born as incentive. He's always been a team player, he'll be ok with it!

You need to fire your humor coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->