Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2018-2019 (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
If we get rid of Ceci, Boro, and get a solid goaltender to rotate games with Anderson that will make our team much more competitive. Switching Paul with Pyatt would be nice too.
Seems so simple, unfortunately when it comes to Dorion/Boucher it isn't that way.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Wol or Harpur full time and we’d still have to be ready to swallow the learning curve losses.
Wolanin is currently better than at least 3 of the D-men currently with the big club. We are still dealing with Cody Ceci's very sharp learning curve, so I am not worried about Wolanin coming in to replace him.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I don't mind that.. he will at least be entertaining with split saves... he capable of some pretty hilarious goals against though.;

1) good
2) consistent
3) cheap

You only get to pick 2 out of the 3 attributes above for a new backup goalie.

The Sens invariably will have "cheap" already circled in permanent marker.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
I mean everybody and their kid has probably already done this but here's my mid season wishlist/what I would do:

Pyatt to any team for a late round pick
Smith for a Similar age/contract Dman. Maybe a Michael Stone/Jason Demers??
Dzingel for whatever picks we can get, 2nd+ ideally.
Wideman for pick or long shot forward prospect.

I know some here will argue this but I think Stone and Duchene both sign long term. Stone for his friendship/chemistry with Tkachuk. Duchene signs, for closeness to home, loyalty to a team who believed in him, and recent chemistry with Batherson.
From a Sens POV: We have to surround our youth with good vets. We are showing we arent that far off from contention. Prove to the fans last off season wasn't $$ related.

Run:

Boedker-Duchene-Batherson
Tkachuk-White-Stone
XXX-Tierny-Ryan
Pjaarvi-Paul-XXX

Fill the X's with the likes of Chlapik/Carey/McCormick etc..

Chabot-DeMelo
Lajoie-Stone
Boro-Ceci
Harpur

Anderson
Condon/McKenna

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I mean everybody and their kid has probably already done this but here's my mid season wishlist/what I would do:

Pyatt to any team for a late round pick
Smith for a Similar age/contract Dman. Maybe a Michael Stone/Jason Demers??
Dzingel for whatever picks we can get, 2nd+ ideally.
Wideman for pick or long shot forward prospect.
I simply don't see the value with the bolded.

Reactions: Xspyrit

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013

Give Stone and Duchene matching 8.25Mil deals over 8 years and lets call it a day

Bob doesn't just mention stuff for the sake of it.

This is the same guy who tweeted something to the affect of "It'll be interesting to see if MacArthur passes his physical" the day before be failed and retired when there was no real rumours to him retiring again after the playoff run.

So he obviously sometimes knows pretty well something is going to go down, but he sort of puts hints out and doesn't speak in certainties.

So it makes me think that even if Bob McKenzie is not trying to make it sound concrete, the fact that he is putting an AAV put there and further discussing it makes me think there is a very good chance that this could get done soon.

8x8 would have been my guess, but I wonder if we end up going up to something like 8 x 8.75M in order to account for our inability to give out signing bonus filled deals. I think there'll be bonuses in the deal, Ryan got signing bonuses, but they'll be 2M-3M per season, not the entire salary.

The trade protection will be the most intriguing aspect.

Reactions: Silencio

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Bringing Stone even if overpaying a bit would worth it imo

Something like Smith for Stone would negate Stone being overpaid since we'd be shedding a contract that teams aren't interested in.

Pagnotta hinted that Smith on waivers wasn't Dorion's choice. With the way Smith is used, this teams emphasis on leadership, and Dorion stressing the need for some veterans to lead the youth, I'd be surprised if we deal Smith though.

I think the only way he gets dealt is if someone is willing to take his contract straight up for an asset. I don't think he's a guy we move on the kind of trade suggested by the other poster. (although I do think Smith for Stone is a good idea, I just don't think we do it)

Reactions: Alex1234

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
My guess for trade protection would be a full NMC if he can't get a big bonus.
It'll have to be Dorion's trade off

I think so too, but I could see something like Couture got where Duchene can name 3 teams. That's extremely restrictive and guarantees that if he is moved, he goes somewhere he likes.

A full NTC in years 1-4 followed by a limited one in years 5-8 would be fair. I guess it depends on how big of a star Duchene really is. Is he on the same tier as a guy like Seguin who has a full NMC for his entire contract?

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Bob doesn't just mention stuff for the sake of it.

This is the same guy who tweeted something to the affect of "It'll be interesting to see if MacArthur passes his physical" the day before be failed and retired when there was no real rumours to him retiring again after the playoff run.

So he obviously sometimes knows pretty well something is going to go down, but he sort of puts hints out and doesn't speak in certainties.

So it makes me think that even if Bob McKenzie is not trying to make it sound concrete, the fact that he is putting an AAV put there and further discussing it makes me think there is a very good chance that this could get done soon.

8x8 would have been my guess, but I wonder if we end up going up to something like 8 x 8.75M in order to account for our inability to give out signing bonus filled deals. I think there'll be bonuses in the deal, Ryan got signing bonuses, but they'll be 2M-3M per season, not the entire salary.

The trade protection will be the most intriguing aspect.

Best news I've read all day. If Bobby Mac is saying both sides want a deal, then both sides want a deal.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
The salt from the mainboards in light of this news is something else lmao.

The best part is they all call us idiots for doing it, then you see tons of "duchene to..." threads on the same board.

They would all take him on their team if given the opportunity.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
The problem has never been the AAVs (Karlsson 10.5M), the problem was and always will be with a cash poor owner is the bonus money with the way that star players getting paid in the league, it's no longer $2M a year, in which even he had a problem with (Zibenejad), now star players are getting their full yearly salaries as bonus money.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
The problem has never been the AAVs (Karlsson 10.5M), the problem was and always will be with a cash poor owner is the bonus money with the way that star players getting paid in the league, it's no longer $2M a year, in which even he had a problem with (Zibenejad), now star players are getting their full yearly salaries as bonus money.
The suspected lockout years will need large bonus $ but other than that I think salary is fair. I think Draisaitl's contract is a good template for both Stone and Duchene

Leon Draisaitl - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Reactions: Alex1234

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
When Mackenzie was talking about Pittsburgh wanting to shake things up in a major way he said the only guys untouchable are Malkin and Crosby

imagine we could get Letang on this roster

We need a legit top 4 to play with Chabot or Lajoie

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
The thing I would be wondering , if I'm Stone or Duchene is , why the Sens don't make a move to shore up the Goal tending and maybe the D even a little this year.. Its not necessarily about winning now, but its about staying above water.. They want these 2 guys to carry the team on their backs and allow time for the young guys to feel their oats ... I think the Sens have to show them some support. If they show them no support which is likely, its not a great message .

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Wolanin is currently better than at least 3 of the D-men currently with the big club. We are still dealing with Cody Ceci's very sharp learning curve, so I am not worried about Wolanin coming in to replace him.
Give Wolanin some time in Belleville. He'll finish the season with the Sens. He is much better offensively than Ceci, Boro and Wideman but he needs some reps as a pro. No need to rush him until someone is moved.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
The very top end elite players, but not the Duchene/Stone level guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad