Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2018-2019 (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Dzingel is a UFA though.

For a top 4 righty dman I think the + would have to be substantial. Good prospect kind of deal.
Yes you're right. A trade in place involving him with the intention he resigns with wherever he goes plus a good prospect.

A team trading a top 4 D would likely want a forward back?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Yes you're right. A trade in place involving him with the intention he resigns with wherever he goes plus a good prospect.

A team trading a top 4 D would likely want a forward back?

They'd ask for White and we'd counter with Chlapik?

Then you have to factor money, we'd want to give them Smith or, heaven forbid, Ryan :laugh:

What a mess

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Teams pretty much don't trade reliable NHL defensemen that are under contract. If you want one you generally have to step up with a bucket of cash on July 1st.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Teams pretty much don't trade reliable NHL defensemen that are under contract. If you want one you generally have to step up with a bucket of cash on July 1st.

We got Phaneuf. It wasn't the perfect fit but it was decent (plus got rid of him at the right time!).

It's all about timing. A struggling team having to re-sign some up and coming players with some D to spare to clear cap is imaginable.

I'm mostly wondering how much I'd be ok in giving up.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Jordan Binnington on St Louis has had quite good AHL stats for a while now. He's 25.
.926% last year and currently at .925%. He's only played 13 minutes in the NHL in relief.
They have also have Ville Husso and Eric Fitzpatrick who are very good goalie prospects as well.
Could maybe be an under-the-radar pickup like Bishop was when we got him?

Can't be worse than McKenna.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
If we want a good young D, we are going to have to give up something good.

If Batherson cements himself as a 50-60 type forward with further upside by the TDL and Carolina wiffs on Nylander, Batherson for Pesce night make sense for them.

I am NOT suggesting that. Just pointing out, we aren't getting a good young defender for quantity. It took Foligno to get us Methot.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
I wouldn't mind Miller or Howard but like you said, they'll stick where they are until their teams inevitably (imo) fall off. Maybe Alex Stalock? Minnesota would then have to use Hammond as a backup though. Or Jarry from Pittsburgh for a younger guy? He is in the AHL right now but looked decent last year.

I think something around Jarry makes the most sense but Murray's struggles and health slightly complicate things. De Smith has been a fantastic backup and solid relief starter, though, and if Jarry can land them a piece that steps into their top 9 or supplants one of their regular DMen, they might do it in an effort to get their season back on track.

Reactions: Deku

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I think something around Jarry makes the most sense but Murray's struggles and health slightly complicate things. De Smith has been a fantastic backup and solid relief starter, though, and if Jarry can land them a piece that steps into their top 9 or supplants one of their regular DMen, they might do it in an effort to get their season back on track.

Yeah, I would've wanted DeSmith if it weren't for Murray's struggles. He's been getting a good number of the starts lately.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Ouuuuuu mike McKenna is a free agent next year. Let’s sign him!

Lol. To be fair, McKenna was brought in to offer support in the AHL and to come up to the NHL in case of emergency so that one of our young goalies isn't forced to ride the bench. The fact that he's failing at the NHL level should be no surprise to anyone. He is serving his purpose, and that purpose is to insulate our goalie prospects. Hopefully by next year we don't need that.

Yeah, I would've wanted DeSmith if it weren't for Murray's struggles. He's been getting a good number of the starts lately.

Yeah, DeSmith is intriguing but I think it would take a team realllly believing in him for the Pens to trade him. Even Talbot only returned a 3rd and a 5th, IIRC, and that's simply not close to enough for Pittsburgh to give up on a guy who is one of the few guys that is helping them stay afloat.

I'd also rather have Jarry :)

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Year one of rebuild, do not rush things and make trades to fill holes. We have to let the kids grow and see what we have first.

Also, no chance we trade Batherson for a D man, that's crazy talk. Our top six, with a signed Duchene and Stone is actually pretty set, and we still have a solid third line, and likely 4th when everyone is back healthy.

Chabot/Jaros, Lajoie/DeMelo, have looked decent and could be solid if we let the kids develop a little. In the end we may just be looking for someone to replace Boro, like JBD or Wolainin. If we want to fetch a D man the only guy I'd move is Ceci, plus a B prospect for someone else struggling young D with promise.

Our kids are really starting to pan out right now and I'd rather not mess with them.

Rebuild requires patience, not trades to fill holes that could be filled by one of our current kids after a year's worth of development. We are not in a rush.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

If Batherson cements himself as a 50-60 type forward with further upside by the TDL and Carolina wiffs on Nylander, Batherson for Pesce night make sense for them.

I am NOT suggesting that. Just pointing out, we aren't getting a good young defender for quantity. It took Foligno to get us Methot.
were going to have to fnd some hidden gem for the defence. I have no idea whom

Reactions: danielpalfredsson

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

Pesce is scary. His matchups have been really easy. No saying he can be a top 4. I’m hoping the leafs move Willie for him.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
I think they need to move Wideman and Pyatt. I think Wideman has greater value but Boucher is playing Pyatt too much as a -12 and Wideman has been a healthy scratch the last game.

Reactions: Joeyjoejoe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad