Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2018-2019 (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Don't most agree that with Wideman, Pyatt & Paajarvi being UFAs at the end of this season that PD should move all three at some point leading up to the trade deadline, if he can find a taker for them? McCormick might not be re-signed either & could be moved to make room for the good young prospects coming.

I think we all agree that Stone & Duchene need to be re-signed & maybe Dzingel while most I assume are against Ceci being re-signed. Depending on what happens they should have enough cap space & money from trading these guys above to pay for all four should they want. They have enough young players on ELC as well to afford to pay Stone & Duchene IMO plus Dzingel & Ceci, if that is the plan. I assume this all depends on EM, attendance, mood, tea leaves, cycle of the moon etc ...

Then next season they could look at moving a few other players in their last yr of their contracts like Pageau, Boedker, Boro, DeMello, Anderson, Condon leading up to the deadline. Clearly they won't move all of them & it will depend on how the team is doing but they should move some. Condon could just end up playing out his contract & walking, not sure he would have much value but he has plenty of time to get his game back. IMO the first priority over the next two yrs is to acquire a #1 goalie to replace Anderson, I doubt he plays beyond next season, but who knows?

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Don't most agree that with Wideman, Pyatt & Paajarvi being UFAs at the end of this season that PD should move all three at some point leading up to the trade deadline, if he can find a taker for them? McCormick might not be re-signed either & could be moved to make room for the good young prospects coming.

I think we all agree that Stone & Duchene need to be re-signed & maybe Dzingel while most I assume are against Ceci being re-signed. Depending on what happens they should have enough cap space & money from trading these guys above to pay for all four should they want. They have enough young players on ELC as well to afford to pay Stone & Duchene IMO plus Dzingel & Ceci, if that is the plan. I assume this all depends on EM, attendance, mood, tea leaves, cycle of the moon etc ...

Then next season they could look at moving a few other players in their last yr of their contracts like Pageau, Boedker, Boro, DeMello, Anderson, Condon leading up to the deadline. Clearly they won't move all of them & it will depend on how the team is doing but they should move some. Condon could just end up playing out his contract & walking, not sure he would have much value but he has plenty of time to get his game back. IMO the first priority over the next two yrs is to acquire a #1 goalie to replace Anderson, I doubt he plays beyond next season, but who knows?

Wideman will definitely be moved IMO.

Pyatt and Paajarvi I'm guessing a team would take them as depth for playoffs but worst case you keep them and let them walk. Re-sign depth players next season with their salary.

I would try to trade both Smith and Boedker either now or in the summer. I would trade either of them against a bad contract but that has less term left (example for Jori Lethera or David Schlemko or Tobias Rieder or Colin Wilson). Boedker would probably be an easy sell for that price and we might get a small asset in return as well.

Trade Ceci at the deadline or right now.

Take the money saved from Boedker, Ceci and Smith next season (10.55M) and give it to Stone, Duchene and Dzingel.

Increase of 2.75 for Duchene (8.75 VS 6)
Increase of 1.65M for Stone (9 vs 7.35)
Increase of 3.2M for Dzingel (5 vs 1.8)
Total increase of 7.6M.

Gives you an extra 3M to spend or to acquire a player in a Ceci trade.

Dzingel - Duchene - Batherson
Tkachuk - Pageau - Stone
Ryan - Tierney - White
Chlapik - Paul - UFA
McCormick

Formenton to AHL, Brown still in AHL.

Chabot - Demelo
Lajoie - Player acquired in Ceci deal.
Wolanin - Jaros
Boro

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

Pyatt and Paajarvi I'm guessing a team would take them as depth for playoffs but worst case you keep them and let them walk. Re-sign depth players next season with their salary.

I would try to trade both Smith and Boedker either now or in the summer. I would trade either of them against a bad contract but that has less term left (example for Jori Lethera or David Schlemko or Tobias Rieder or Colin Wilson). Boedker would probably be an easy sell for that price and we might get a small asset in return as well.

Trade Ceci at the deadline or right now.

Take the money saved from Boedker, Ceci and Smith next season (10.55M) and give it to Stone, Duchene and Dzingel.

Increase of 3.2M for Dzingel (5 vs 3.2)
Total increase of 7.6M.

Gives you an extra 3M to spend or to acquire a player in a Ceci trade.

Dzingel - Duchene - Batherson
Tkachuk - Pageau - Stone
Ryan - Tierney - White
Chlapik - Paul - UFA
McCormick

Formenton to AHL, Brown still in AHL.

Chabot - Demelo
Lajoie - Player acquired in Ceci deal.
Wolanin - Jaros
Boro
While I agree with trading a number of players I assume you will agree that we have differences as to who should be traded & who should be retained. Smith IMO is going to be difficult to move with two more yrs on his contract, it's not impossible but it could be difficult unless they retain salary which I doubt they will want to do. They could waive him again too, I'm not sure what will happen with him.

I have a tough time seeing them trade Ceci too, simply because of his age & the position that he plays. Again it's possible but IMO it may have more to do with what he may want in his next contract or what he will settle for whether they trade him or not. I agree with you on Boedker but then I think all of the UFAs next season could be on the block, we'll see.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
Dzingel is a UFA though.

For a top 4 righty dman I think the + would have to be substantial. Good prospect kind of deal.
Concerning what line he is playing on sometimes. Would the Senators stick him on a bad line in hopes of driving the price down if they want to resign him? I know it sounds very a little far fetched but since they Senators are so cheap it wouldn't surprise me.
Dzingel is a UFA though.

For a top 4 righty dman I think the + would have to be substantial. Good prospect kind of deal.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Unless a bad contract comes back that would offset his salary going the other way I don't see any takers for Smith. He was waived earlier this season and cleared.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

Increase of 3.2M for Dzingel (5 vs 1.8)
Total increase of 7.6M.

Gives you an extra 3M to spend or to acquire a player in a Ceci trade

I think you meant to say, 3 Million to spend on 3 new players, since you just got rid of 3.

Reactions: Boud

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
Not sure if anyone heard this "Andrew Hammond's wife claimed on Twitter that her husband was denied a necessary hip surgery during his time on the Sens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->