Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2018-2019 (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
Yes we need a backup badly
Anderson is going to need rest at some point. Dorian has to be looking I would hope, Unless he feels confident to bring Condon back. Condon is a decent goalie I think he needs a dose of confidence.
Guy Boucher weakness is managing players minutes and making adjustments during the season.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Sportsnet Headlines November 18th

Maple Leafs comfortable letting Nylander sit out full season - Sportsnet.ca

-Sens and Stone haven't talked yet. Expected to start talks in December since Stone can officially sign January 1st.

-The feeling is that both Stone and Duchene will want a significant signing bonus. So whether Melnyk is prepared to give that big upfront money will be a major factor.

-There have been more talks between the Sens and Duchene's agent this week. They've had two face to face meetings this season.

-There is no indication that a contract is close, but Matt Duchene's people and the Sens talking is a positive towards him sticking around.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata

-Sens and Stone haven't talked yet. Expected to start talks in December since Stone can officially sign January 1st.

-The feeling is that both Stone and Duchene will want a significant signing bonus. So whether Melnyk is prepared to give that big upfront money will be a major factor.

-There have been more talks between the Sens and Duchene's agent this week. They've had two face to face meetings this season.

-There is no indication that a contract is close, but Matt Duchene's people and the Sens talking is a positive towards him sticking around.
Maybe that recent line of credit was intended for signing bonuses? I can hope lol. I honestly have the feeling that we're gonna hold onto both of them. I think they realize that we really aren't that far off. Stone seems like the kind of guy who wants lead a team from the bottom to the top, he's having so much fun out there.

I get the impression that Duchene really loves it here too, and like Ryan, is the kind of guy who just wants to be wanted on the team. People forget the his trade request in Colorado came after years of him being rumoured to be on the way out, it's gotta be hard to live your life like that.

It's not like the Karlsson situation when we were hearing rumours that he wasn't signing for the entire year.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Maybe that recent line of credit was intended for signing bonuses? I can hope lol. I honestly have the feeling that we're gonna hold onto both of them. I think they realize that we really aren't that far off. Stone seems like the kind of guy who wants lead a team from the bottom to the top, he's having so much fun out there.

I get the impression that Duchene really loves it here too, and like Ryan, is the kind of guy who just wants to be wanted on the team. People forget the his trade request in Colorado came after years of him being rumoured to be on the way out, it's gotta be hard to live your life like that.

It's not like the Karlsson situation when we were hearing rumours that he wasn't signing for the entire year.

I have no idea if Melnyk will pay those bonuses. The most bonuses we've given out were 2M per season on the Ryan contract.

If we are actually trying to build a team with 3+ years in mind, we should strip away as many secondary guys as possible to shed salary and add futures.

Use that salary space to front load Duchene and Stone so that in 3 years time when we have to pay Chabot, Tkachuk, White, Lajoie, Batherson, etc Duchene and Stone will cost only about 6M each in real money.

Something like 8M AAV x 8 years, 12.25M in each of the first three years, and then 6.25M in the last five seasons. That way, we use our salary expenditure on the short term when we are supposed to be rebuilding to make Duchene and Stone cheaper in the mid and long term when we are supposedly supposed to be competitive.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Its positive talks are continuing.. I still think we are a wait and see. If the team continues to progress on the ice in the right direction , I think it will go a long way. I also think Duchene will want to wait to see what Stone does. If by January 1 the team is still hanging in there could be more willingness on the part of the players to lean towards signing, but, it remains to be seen if the Senators ante up for both of them , and ante up what the perceived market value including salary structure is. IMO there are some hurtles to cross and the big question on whether they want to stay has yet to be answered.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON

The B word terrorizes Eugene.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
I've got a feeling that we are going to make a deal within the next 48 hours.

We've got 4 games in 6 days, a road trip, and we need a backup goalie. Although, it's impossible to find a goalie if none are OTB at a fair price.

There has also been a major scouting presence attending at least one of our games (vs Det). It also seems like Wideman is being showcased with bigger minutes.

There are teams like Dallas out there who badly need help at D. We could afford to trade Wideman with Jaros doing fine, Harpur eventually returning, and Wolanin in the AHL as depth.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
I've got a feeling that we are going to make a deal within the next 48 hours.

We've got 4 games in 6 days, a road trip, and we need a backup goalie. Although, it's impossible to find a goalie if none are OTB at a fair price.

There has also been a major scouting presence attending at least one of our games (vs Det). It also seems like Wideman is being showcased with bigger minutes.

There are teams like Dallas out there who badly need help at D. We could afford to trade Wideman with Jaros doing fine, Harpur eventually returning, and Wolanin in the AHL as depth.
Any idea what scouts were at other games?
What backup goalie is available?
Maybe they are looking at Ceci?

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Any idea what scouts were at other games?
What backup goalie is available?
Maybe they are looking at Ceci?

Not sure about last night's game.

CAR is a team with multiple goalies. Darling, Mrazek, and McElhinney. The last two don't have good numbers this season, but I could see there being interest in McElhinney because he has a recent history of being a very good backup.

Mrazek is more of a project at this point.

Similar to how we had to give up a late pick for Condon, I don't see us getting someone like McElhinney for less than that. It's probably a seller's market right now since few teams are in a position to give up a backup.

Gillies from CGY would be another option if CGY wants to make him available.

Reactions: Multigrain

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
Ottawa scouts seem to be all over the place. Wonder if they are getting ready for a trade?

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Stone, Duchene, Dzingel, Wideman, Paajarvi, Pyatt, Ceci, Anderson, Condon, Pageau, Tierney, Smith, DeMelo and Boedker could all be traded before next year's deadline.

Half those guys could be traded before this year's deadline. It's not shocking that there's a lot of scouts at our games, nor should it be surprising that out scouts are active as well.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Stone, Duchene, Dzingel, Wideman, Paajarvi, Pyatt, Ceci, Anderson, Condon, Pageau, Tierney, Smith, DeMelo and Boedker could all be traded before next year's deadline.

Half those guys could be traded before this year's deadline. It's not shocking that there's a lot of scouts at our games, nor should it be surprising that out scouts are active as well.
I agree & if they are able to trade most of those guys wouldn't that free up enough money to re-sign Stone & Duchene & maybe one or both of Ceci or Dzingel to a lesser extent. There looks to be about $22 mil there not including these four & if they replace most of these players with prospects they should be a lot cheaper. A #1 goalie could be expensive though.

To anyone: Wideman, Paajarvi & Pyatt
To Ottawa: draft picks - we won't get good prospects for any of these guys but we could get lucky with picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad