Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2018-2019 (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
It's a ballsy prediction, I get that. Maybe we have to add, and Dallas would be overpaying. They are stuck against a wall with multiple injuries to their backend and expectations to get back into the playoff.

I don't see why they wouldn't just toss us a mid pick though. They aren't up near the contract limit, so they could make something like that work without giving up on Hintz (who they admitedlly might be ready to move on from, but he hasn't been given much of a chance to show what he's got).

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008

Hopefully hes no more than the #7 guy. I wouldn't want him playing over Lajoie/Jaros/Wolanin. That's not an indictment on Harpur's game as much as it is an endorsement of Lajoie/Jaros/Wolanin.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Hopefully hes no more than the #7 guy. I wouldn't want him playing over Lajoie/Jaros/Wolanin. That's not an indictment on Harpur's game as much as it is an endorsement of Lajoie/Jaros/Wolanin.
i have like him more than jaros but his position might make him sit

With young players i guess you never know look good one game and real bad the next game

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
I think it is going to be Wideman for Hintz.

Were we scouting Dallas yesterday? He was called up and given some decent minutes. They tried to include him as a piece in their Karlsson offer so there is some history there. Their D has a ton of injuries.
Wideman is a healthy scratch tonight.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
are we scouting any teams in particular?

Probably the teams we have upcoming games with. People always think trade when they hear scouts are in attendance but more times than not they are just scouting teams for matches. Social media is partially responsible for things getting taken out of context but some members of the media play into it as well.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I don't see why they wouldn't just toss us a mid pick though. They aren't up near the contract limit, so they could make something like that work without giving up on Hintz (who they admitedlly might be ready to move on from, but he hasn't been given much of a chance to show what he's got).

If it happens, it's Dorion exerting leverage. Dallas needs NHL D right now, and a historical amount of teams (at least in the East) are fighting for playoff spots. I could imagine that might depress the market in terms of NHL defenders being available.

I agree about your assessment of Wideman's value. But Dorion has to want to move him right now for that kind of pick for it to happen. He may very well understand the leverage he has against Dallas and thus is asking for an overpayment.

Dorion can hold on to Wideman until the deadline, benefit from the depth, and still get a mid round pick. Jim Nill has failed to make the playoffs consistently, now a huge chunk of his D are hurt, and the market might be a seller's market anyways due to the amount of teams still in the running for playoffs. Maybe we don't get Hintz, but if Dallas acquires a D, I think we'll see an overpayment from them.

Reactions: stempniaksen

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Probably the teams we have upcoming games with. People always think trade when they hear scouts are in attendance but more times than not they are just scouting teams for matches. Social media is partially responsible for things getting taken out of context but some members of the media play into it as well.

Pro scouts aren't going to watch teams for matchups, that's not what they do nor their responsibility

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
A veteran top 6 forward or top 4 dman would be great

Obviously need a backup goalie but they shouldn't be hard to acquire

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
Yes true but you know that some teams for example Pittsburgh,Dallas and LA are shopping.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
How do we accomplish adding players without adding salary? Who can we realistically ship out to balance things out knowing that players like Smith and Condon aren't going anywhere?

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Sens play Stars Friday, which could explain the scouting. That said, Ritchie and Honka have fallen out of favor and could be traded.

And shouldn't be traded to us

We only need top6 top4 and goalies

Depth players is not an issue with the abundance of prospects we

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
If it happens, it's Dorion exerting leverage. Dallas needs NHL D right now, and a historical amount of teams (at least in the East) are fighting for playoff spots. I could imagine that might depress the market in terms of NHL defenders being available.

I agree about your assessment of Wideman's value. But Dorion has to want to move him right now for that kind of pick for it to happen. He may very well understand the leverage he has against Dallas and thus is asking for an overpayment.

Dorion can hold on to Wideman until the deadline, benefit from the depth, and still get a mid round pick. Jim Nill has failed to make the playoffs consistently, now a huge chunk of his D are hurt, and the market might be a seller's market anyways due to the amount of teams still in the running for playoffs. Maybe we don't get Hintz, but if Dallas acquires a D, I think we'll see an overpayment from them.

Idk Nill isn't the type to overpay. Where are you guys getting these rumors though? Some guys talking about it on the Stars board but I can't find it.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
And shouldn't be traded to us

We only need top6 top4 and goalies

Depth players is not an issue with the abundance of prospects we
I think Honka is one of those that needs a change of scenery. Doesn't fit into the system that the coach is running. Since Wideman played American college hockey and Montogomery coached at Denver University it could be a change of scenery swap for both.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
Idk Nill isn't the type to overpay. Where are you guys getting these rumors though? Some guys talking about it on the Stars board but I can't find it.
I think it has been the amount of scouts attending games and that Nill always likes to deal with Pierre Dorian and they almost had a deal for Karlsson. Plus Ottawa has some defensivemen that could be moved that could help with the power play.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013

For me, speculation not rumours. I am basing it on....

-DAL scouting us recently
-DAL having injuries at D
-Hintz being previously offered up in the Karl deal, so the Sens have previous ties to him
-Wideman getting favourable ice time over the last few games, including the DET game DAL was scouting. (Showcased)
-Hintz being recalled last night and playing (showcase?)
-Wideman scratched today after being used quite liberally on the PP the last two games

I know Wideman for Hintz is very ambitious considering Wideman's value.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
For me, speculation not rumours. I am basing it on....

-DAL scouting us recently
-DAL having injuries at D
-Hintz being previously offered up in the Karl deal, so the Sens have previous ties to him
-Wideman getting favourable ice time over the last few games, including the DET game DAL was scouting. (Showcased)
-Hintz being recalled last night and playing (showcase?)
-Wideman scratched today after being used quite liberally on the PP the last two games

I know Wideman for Hintz is very ambitious considering Wideman's value.

Idk to me it seems like a longshot and I could never see Nill doing it. He badly needs his draft picks to become something and Hintz was called up because he has been tearing up the AHL in recent games and the Stars needed a forward. Also it was reported that Hintz might've been the dealbreaker in a Karlsson deal because the Stars weren't willing to trade him

Reactions: danielpalfredsson

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
if we could get Roope Hintz for Wideman, I'd make that deal ASAP and immediately proclaim "no take-backs" while running to the other end of the schoolyard to show off to my friends.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
if we could get Roope Hintz for Wideman, I'd make that deal ASAP and immediately proclaim "no take-backs" while running to the other end of the schoolyard to show off to my friends.

Screw driving him to the airport. if we could get Hintz for him I'd take a road trip with Wideman all the way to Dallas. I'm sure he'd have some good Marty Raymond stories to pass the time.

Reactions: BonkTastic

LT

XXXX - XXXX - XX__ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
It's a ballsy prediction, I get that. Maybe we have to add, and Dallas would be overpaying. They are stuck against a wall with multiple injuries to their backend and expectations to get back into the playoff.

Stars’ fan hoping to clarify some stuff.

No we aren’t. A team like Boston is in much worse shape currently.

We still have 4 of our top 8 playing and aren’t going to move a very promising prospect for a month of relief. We may be interested in Wideman, but if the cost if Hintz, we’ll gladly pass. He isn’t worth that and it seems like many other fans here are keen to that fact.

Hintz was a prospect we were a tad hesitant to move for Karlsson - so why would we move him for Wideman?

Reactions: Kcb12345
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad