Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2017-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
"Offered." Jesus Christ, are you that naive that you think this was a legitimate offer and not some PR stunt designed to appease angry fans? The Sens have known since before the trade deadline that Karlsson had no intention of signing an extension so long as Melnyk owned the team. You don't even consider trading a player like Karlsson unless you know that the relationship is beyond repair.

Grow up.

Wow. I feel sad for you.

Reactions: Mark Stones Spleen

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Cantley
"Offered." Jesus Christ, are you that naive that you think this was a legitimate offer and not some PR stunt designed to appease angry fans? The Sens have known since before the trade deadline that Karlsson had no intention of signing an extension so long as Melnyk owned the team. You don't even consider trading a player like Karlsson unless you know that the relationship is beyond repair.

Grow up.
Everyone's a sens insider these days. Tin foil hat required.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Karlsson is heading on a golf trip to Scotland, don't think anything will be happening soon. A friend was talking to him while he was waiting for a flight to Toronto prior to leaving for Scotland (no info pertaining to his status at all)

Not sure why him being in Scotland would mean a trade wouldn't happen. Agent will handle any contract details and it just takes a simple call or text.

WadeRedden

Feb 24, 2016
Meh, most of the reporting on this trade--even by respected journalists--has been pretty lousy imo. Like, when Chris Stevenson was claiming that Dallas was the frontrunner mid-week only to walk it back a day later, saying there was a hold-up because Dallas wasn't willing to include Heisakanen in the deal. Um, how is it even possible for Dallas to have "emerged as the frontrunner" if they weren't willing to build the deal around Heiskanen? He's not some add-in that you include at the end of a negotiation to consummate a deal. He's the main block that you build a trade around. If they weren't willing to include him as a centrepiece from the get-go, I don't understand how talks could even proceed past the preliminary stage. Kind of feels like Stevenson got played on that one.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
I never post anything about sources or what I've heard but I did hear something from someone extremely close to EK.

We all know Melnyk won't let you do anything Pierre.

It's like when you were a kid and wanted to go for a sleepover at a friends house. Only to find out your parents had never met your friends parents and you weren't allowed because parents.

That being said just spew it out! I'm so defeated this weekend I'm literally out of energy. Give us something!

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Someone told me that on Twitter it said Karlsson was going to one of the Scottish Premier Hockey teams. Not sure if it's legitimate but I guess it makes sense if he wants to get as far away from Melnyk as possible. I've spent most of the afternoon looking through the CBA, but I can't find anything disallowing a trade between the NHL and the Scottish Premier Hockey league.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Someone told me that on Twitter it said Karlsson was going to one of the Scottish Premier Hockey teams. Not sure if it's legitimate but I guess it makes sense if he wants to get as far away from Melnyk as possible. I've spent most of the afternoon looking through the CBA, but I can't find anything disallowing a trade between the NHL and the Scottish Premier Hockey league.

He's trying to get revenge on the English. Makes perfect sense.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison

Both deleted?!?

Oh that is some juicy hot-goss!

Honestly though, I'm exhausted from all this. I just want it over.

I also want EK on the west coast, so Anaheim is my guess. I'd accept Perry, Manson, Montour, Contois and Steel for EK and Ryan.

I hate the notion of him playing in the east. Plus if he got traded to the Ducks he could show up Doughty like every night. The world would finally see the god on skates that is Erik Karlsson.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
Seeing Karlsson in an Elite League jersey would be amazing.

Don’t even like golf but I might just make that horrendous drive to St Andrews (if it’s where he’s gone) just to find out what’s happening :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad